IGNORED

LURKERS! Read please!

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I thought this was you:

I will be nice...hate to have you upset and all

It's all good. I'm impregnable.

If that means no kids for you, I suddenly feel the world is a safe place... :dance: Alright enough picking on you EJ. I don't want people to think I don't like you ;-)

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If that means no kids for you, I suddenly feel the world is a safe place...:dance: Alright enough picking on you EJ. I don't want people to think I don't like you ;-)

I'm an acquired taste. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I am new here and try to contribute when I feel I can. A lot of times the thread has multiple answers with my same answer. I don't want to be the 30th dude to say.... go to a fitter lol

that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

as a new poster and a former lurker for longer than i care to admit (talking 1/3 of my entire lifetime) i shall say the reason i lurked in the shadows for so long was that a lot of the guys who post in here seem to have a way with words i dont. I couldn't say what it is but whenever i read what i've written it comes across rather bland. But i'll get there i guess

Henry

that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count

What's to be gained by padding your post count? I know you need a minimum amount of posts to post in the Market Place but beyond that I don't think there's any other restraints are there?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[quote name="meenman" url="/t/59779/lurkers-read-please/0_100#post_960026"] that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count

What's to be gained by padding your post count? I know you need a minimum amount of posts to post in the Market Place but beyond that I don't think there's any other restraints are there?[/quote] Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?

I thought it just meant you had a big yap. :w00t:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/59779/lurkers-read-please/0_100#post_960070"] Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?

I thought it just meant you had a big yap. :w00t:[/quote] Hmmm.. I never thought of that.. Maybe I should post less? But then how would anybody on this forum know how cool I am?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hmmm.. I never thought of that..

Maybe I should post less? But then how would anybody on this forum know how cool I am?

You're down with The Dragon Reborn, you are cool by definition!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I just enjoy reading anything related to golf. Especially this time of year as our season approaches!

It was about one year ago when I reading a few different golf forums (for entertainment) and this group was the most interesting, so I joined and blurt out every now & then.

I just think about my question or comment and then ask myself " What would the sandtrap say?" "Your wrong." "You won't be able to do that." "You didn't do that." "Your ignorant for thinking that." "You'll understand once you have played for ......" etc. O, ok. Never mind I'll just read. lol

Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..?

Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!!

Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..? Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!!

I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.

I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

It's not too much of a problem.

All you have to do is:

Never, ever say how far you can hit a golf ball.

Never tell anybody how to swing a golf club.

Realize that there's a 99% chance you will never get anybody to change their mind about anything.

Realize the there's a 99% chance nobody is ever going to get you to change your mind about anything.

Expect tongue in cheek comments to be misinterpreted by 5% of the people.

Realize that hyperbole in jest will be taken seriously by 10% of the people.

• Upvote 1

It's not too much of a problem.

All you have to do is:

Never, ever say how far you can hit a golf ball.

Never tell anybody how to swing a golf club.

Realize that there's a 99% chance you will never get anybody to change their mind about anything.

Realize the there's a 99% chance nobody is ever going to get you to change your mind about anything.

Expect tongue in cheek comments to be misinterpreted by 5% of the people.

Realize that hyperbole in jest will be taken seriously by 10% of the people.

Haha, i think this should be displayed at the top of every forum page! I think if everybody excepted these as fact then there would be a lot less agro. Not that there are that many arguments anyway

Henry

[quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/59779/lurkers-read-please/72#post_960774"]Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..? Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!!

I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.[/quote] Well almost everything depends on how you word things. Some people say things in a manner to start arguments. If you really want a thread about your swings and goals, you would not get a rash for it. But if you ask for tips and don't use them but keep complaining about not improving then there's frustration. This is a opinion forum though and if you go through life not saying anything because you don't want to hear another side.... But I also say you don't have to argue with ignorance either.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!