IGNORED

Titleist 910 D2 or R11 Driver

Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which one?

• R11 Driver
    • Titleist 910 D2 Driver

I love my 910 D2. R11 would be a great driver if you don't get the stock shaft. The Diamana Kai'li is a great shaft that comes with no up charge on the Titleist.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

another vote for the 910D2 from me. ive hit the TM stuff at golf galaxy and it just doesnt feel as good as the titleist stuff to me. hit them both. choose the right shaft for you and  swing away!

Are you in the Socal area. I saw an ad yesterday. Somebody trying to trade their R11 to get a 91D2.

I personally love my 910D2. Have Really started hitting fairways with it and killing the ball. May just be the confidence but the driver sure feels great. I havent even tinkered with the settings to much yet.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Poll is 8-0. Haha. Looks like you have your decision.

I really don't get how RBZ is the top selling driver right now. Taylormade has put out some real junk lately. They need to go back to Superfast 1.0 and learn something from themselves.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Guess I'm in the minority, but I hit both the R11 and the D2 last year when I was in the market for a new club. Ended up going R11 and have been very happy. However, I loved the D2 and probably would have been just as happy. This obviously is of little help to you....haha. Nice position to be in!

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

I got fit and hit the r11 and the D3 (vice the d2) extensively 2 weeks ago. Not even close. I ended up with the Titleist.....and I'm coming off a TM r7 that I loved.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another minority guy.  I recently got the RBZ and absolutely love it.  I'm mainly a Titleist guy but I hit the 910 and the RBZ and it wasn't close...for me.  First time in an outing with it I won longest drive, and believe me that isn't my game.  Heck I didn't even consider myself the longest in my own group let alone 120+ golfers.

Granted I did get a great deal on it from my local pro also, but I just liked it better than the Titleist personally.  Hit them both and see which one you like best.  I've hit the R11 and it's a fine club as is the 910.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Get fitted. Even the best driver can be crappy with the wrong shaft. There is so much to a driver. I would have stayed with my R7 but it balloons shots and loses distance for me but maybe the shaft wouldn't for you. Only a fitting would tell. I actually loved the feel of the Cleveland classic driver but I wanted a little adjust-ability. The ball speed and carry was less with the Cleveland but the machine could have been calibrated differently. I don't know if they do that.

I hit the titleist D3 and the R11S. Played a round with both. I liked the D3 except the shaft not right. I hated the R11s and the shaft was supposedly right and the loft was correct. I didn't care for the white head either. I ended up buying a D3. It is shipping as we speak.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Clubchucker

Another minority guy.  I recently got the RBZ and absolutely love it.  I'm mainly a Titleist guy but I hit the 910 and the RBZ and it wasn't close...for me.  First time in an outing with it I won longest drive, and believe me that isn't my game.  Heck I didn't even consider myself the longest in my own group let alone 120+ golfers.

Granted I did get a great deal on it from my local pro also, but I just liked it better than the Titleist personally.  Hit them both and see which one you like best.  I've hit the R11 and it's a fine club as is the 910.

long drive sponsored by Taylormade? Did you beat them by 17 yards by any chance?

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I played rounds with both, and, the RBZ.... didnt like 910D, or R11 , also took out the 3 wood for each club, ended up buying the 910F 3 wood and the RBZ driver. I heard it all from people I play with about the RBZ, how its got a stupid name, and how the white club is bothersome, funny though how none of them out drive me since i got my stupid bothersome club. buy what you feel is best for you, not what others think is best

14-0 for the 910D. I couldn't hit the R11 or RBZ driver. The white didn't bother me at all, but for some reason I couldn't find a good swing with it. I haven't been playing for a while because of injury, but before then, I was hitting my 910D2 very well. Want to check out the 913 when it comes out just to see the improvements. But probably after I'm all healed up.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

long drive sponsored by Taylormade? Did you beat them by 17 yards by any chance?

Not at all.  Believe me; I'm the last guy to believe in any club manufacturers hype.  Heck if any of it were true we'd all be hitting 400 yd drives based on all the additional yards they've claimed in the past 5 years.  Like I said, I'm pretty much a Titleist guy throughout my bag but the fact was I just hit the RBZ better.  A lot better....

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I love my 910D2. I'm shocked though that the R11 hasn't gotten a single vote yet. 19-0? Seriously?

Constantine

I'm also a minority, I love my R11S with the 60g stock stiff shaft.

The clubhead "feels" heavier to me than any other drivers going back to my Nike square Sumo.

My main joy of the R11S is the way the ball comes off the clubhead, at first I bought RBZ but didnt gain any distance and took it back the R11S and quickly found out the R11S is completely different club, not just the add'l adjustability.

I took the OP to intend a comparison between the original R11 and the Titleist 910D 2

The R11S and RBZ are different drivers.

If I remember, many people did not like the stock shaft of the R11 or its overall feel. But they did like the adjustability.

I heard more great things about the 910D2 than the R11 - the Titleist system of adjustability seems superior as well as the feel, and from comments, the 910D2 is more forgiving.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!