IGNORED

TheSandTrap Golf Outing?

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending an annual TheSandTrap Golf Tournament?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - it depends on price, location and timing

Originally Posted by Stargaze

Seems like we have a few Mid Atlantic guys around here.  It'd be great to get an outing going around Gettysburg or somewhere in Maryland.

Got another mid-atlantic guy here. I might be able to make it as far as gettysburg or maryland. preferably near philadelphia tho

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dsc123

Another option along those lines would be Glen Mills.  Fantastic course in just across the DE/PA border.

Or something further west.  I'd love to play at Gettysburg.

glen mills works nice for me

IN MY BAG

Glenn Mills is a decent course.  Easy to hit the greens, but they are large and undulating and two putts are not a given.

They hire local juvenile delinquents to work the grounds there.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

Glenn Mills is a decent course.  Easy to hit the greens, but they are large and undulating and two putts are not a given.

They hire local juvenile delinquents to work the grounds there.

you're in the greater philly area?

IN MY BAG

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Sounds like the response is overwhelmingly positive for the idea, but the logistics would be difficult & understandably so.

Here's an idea -

Every March I meet some old friends of mine in Charleston, SC for 4 days of golf. Most of them are from Akron, Oh. I come up from Orlando, others come from Key West, Atlanta, etc. The organizer is able to arrange an extremely reasonable package with a local hotel - this year it was only $420 for four night's lodging & four rounds of golf. Replays were like $20 if anyone wanted to for an extra 18. If we follow this model something could be arranged that is reasonably priced.

And here's my suggestion for a location - Myrtle Beach. TONS of courses & TONS of hotels. I'd be willing to bet there are some pretty great deals out there as the resorts trip over each other for our business. It doesn't hurt to have the Atlantic Ocean right there too for something to do outside of golf. And Myrtle has a bunch of great restaurants, golf shops (strip clubs hehe), sports bars, etc.

As far as time of year, I would suggest the fall, like October. The weather cools down & hurricane season is pretty much over.

So something like a 4-night package, day one is play wherever you want, days 2, 3, 4 we have some team events.

Thoughts?

I'm game!

http://www.mbgolf.com/golf-packages/

I think it would be more realistic to play an 18-hole event - within a regional area.  Then after a few of these regional sites are up and running and get some success brewing - then if / when we garnered enough interest put something together on a national level which could be on a larger scale?  Just my .02.

I'd be open to coordinating an event for the West coast.  Maybe shoot for next Spring?  Gives everyone plenty of time to coordinate their schedules, pick a course/area and book it.

Originally Posted by divot dave

you're in the greater philly area?

No.  But I have played a number of courses around there (Glenn Mills, Merion, Philadelphia Country Club, Valley Forge, Torresdale Frankford, Cobbs Creek and Aronimink)

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I like this idea except that bold part makes me a tad uneasy.

Technically hurricane season doesn't end until Nov 30, so October isn't totally out of the woods re a possible storm.

We could get a tropical storm, or as well call them here in Orlando, a six-club wind.

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Glad I have your permission.

That must mean that her ass is "Classy". Wait.......... her jeans didn't come from WalMart did they?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Hey don't forget about the mid-west. Something regional to start, Im in. I'm in Houston and my disclaimer is that I would give anything to hit the ball 300 and don't care if it's down the middle!

If I get every Sandtrap member in my region involved, then we just need two more guys to make a foursome.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Also, gives me plenty of time to recover from a lower back injury. No golf for at least 2-3 months.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I'd be open to coordinating an event for the West coast.  Maybe shoot for next Spring?  Gives everyone plenty of time to coordinate their schedules, pick a course/area and book it.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I think it would be more realistic to play an 18-hole event - within a regional area.  Then after a few of these regional sites are up and running and get some success brewing - then if / when we garnered enough interest put something together on a national level which could be on a larger scale?  Just my .02.

Count me in, I'll bring the wife and kid along and we can make a mini vacation out of it. Who am I kidding? Thats the ONLY way I'll be able to go.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

If we did it in northern california, Poppy Hills would seem to be a good spot considering a lot of us probably are members of the NCGA, can get advance tee times and get the member discount.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

i notice we have some texas groupies here also, i would like to play san antonio area whats up....... this week end we have a meet n greet golf outing from another forum I "troll on" hehe. it's fun.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

If we did it in northern california, Poppy Hills would seem to be a good spot considering a lot of us probably are members of the NCGA, can get advance tee times and get the member discount.

I'd play Poppy Hills... But I just saw on their website that the course is going to go through renovation in 2013.  If we picked this course - it would have to be this year.  And I'd like to have something a little more organized - put it out into the future (like next Spring) so we can get a little better attendance.  And perhaps better prizes?

http://www.poppyhillsgolf.com/poppy-hills-renovation/

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

That must mean that her ass is "Classy". Wait.......... her jeans didn't come from WalMart did they?

No clue who the chick is.  A gift from the mods and I've grown fond of it.  So I kept it.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!