IGNORED

2012 AT&T National at Congressional Country Club Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Military starter is still introducing the players to the two people who some how made it in watching them tee off. Made me laugh.

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

You have to think hydration and medicine today is a bit better than in the '60s though.

Not to mention they're only playing 18 holes a day now. Switching topics, the course looks eerie with no spectators. Tiger will get to see how the other half lives.

Perhaps having a 10 man gallery for Tiger is equal to the other guys having a 10 man deep gallery when playing with Tiger. :-P

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is missing shots here and there, but making up to it by a fantastic short game so far. Just pitched in for birdie from just off the green. The galleries seems to be growing too.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

I think that was fun actually. I quite enjoyed it.

Now if only we could get the announcers to stay home, and just have the mic guys listen in on every player/caddie conversation... then we'd really be on to something.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I think that was fun actually. I quite enjoyed it.

Now if only we could get the announcers to stay home, and just have the mic guys listen in on every player/caddie conversation... then we'd really be on to something.

What? You mean you don't miss the guy yelling "Filet Mignon"?

It was weird with no spectators. Every time a player sunk birdie putt, they turned around and nobody was there to cheer, except the squirels.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Patrick Cantlay is +1 after 3 rounds. If he can finish even or better tomorrow he'll be seeing a nice first paycheck as a pro. Happy for that kid.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Originally Posted by Zeph

Tiger is missing shots here and there, but making up to it by a fantastic short game so far. Just pitched in for birdie from just off the green. The galleries seems to be growing too.

The Tiger roar from that chip-in was epic.  Every player on the course must have known who that was for.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

There is something wrong when we don't get to see the last two hours of a PGA event, but we see "bonus coverage" of the LPGA, and a bunch of web.com play, during that same time. And the guys on TGC spent a whole segment of "Morning Drive" last week saying what a genius Finchem was in his management of the Tour contracts.

Originally Posted by brocks

There is something wrong when we don't get to see the last two hours of a PGA event, but we see "bonus coverage" of the LPGA, and a bunch of web.com play, during that same time. And the guys on TGC spent a whole segment of "Morning Drive" last week saying what a genius Finchem was in his management of the Tour contracts.

I was a bit surprised NBC didn't have bonus coverage.  I set my DVR for 2 extra recording hours anticipating that they would get bonus coverage.  I also recorded the Golf Channel just in case, but there was nothing there either.  Sucks.

Oh well, hopefully we get the full round tomorrow :)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Oh ya, and they have the all important hour long commercials right after the coverage. Don't want to miss out on that special vaccum!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Shorty

He is quite clearly one of nicest, most genuine players out there. On the 18 th yesterday, he acknowledged the crowd in exactly the same way he would have if he'd had a great round. You wouldn't know if he had shot 6 over or 6 under.

He should be one of everyone's favorites. You will never see him scowl or misbehave.

You do know he thanked Jesus on national tv after winning the Players Championship?

does anyone think leishman can close from -2?  i have him on my bench, and haven't started him all week.  i have to start de jonge too, so i'm sitting mahan.  if i start leishman, i have to sit tiger.  thoughts?

They need to make a rule that a free drop can't move you from the rough to the fairway or green. Scott just hit a shot into the deep rough around the green, but his ball ended up next to a microphone, so he got to drop it on the fringe. Probably saved him a shot. In the past, I've seen players get a series of free drops that moved them from being absolutely dead, to a nice lie on the fairway, because they claimed a scoreboard or grandstand was in their line. I can see the reasoning behind letting them move the ball, but IMO if they start in the rough, they should end in the rough.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by brocks

They need to make a rule that a free drop can't move you from the rough to the fairway or green. Scott just hit a shot into the deep rough around the green, but his ball ended up next to a microphone, so he got to drop it on the fringe. Probably saved him a shot.

In the past, I've seen players get a series of free drops that moved them from being absolutely dead, to a nice lie on the fairway, because they claimed a scoreboard or grandstand was in their line. I can see the reasoning behind letting them move the ball, but IMO if they start in the rough, they should end in the rough.

That makes no sense, and the Rules of Golf only see a few "areas." There's a tee box, the green, hazards, and "through the green." There's also a condition for grass "cut to fairway height or less" (for embedded balls).

Knowledge of the Rules sometimes gives you an advantage. I've seen players hit the ball into the water and drop on the putting green because the fringe and rough are less than two clublengths wide. Perfectly legal, and I have no problem with that at all.

You sometimes get a good break (getting to take a free drop in the fringe or putting green, a ball hits a tree and kicks into the fairway) and sometimes you get a bad break (ball finds a divot in the fairway, ball hits a sprinkler head and goes OB).

That's golf. That's life.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wish they would do the high fps segments on Jimmy Walker or Brendan DeJonge. We know what Mahan's swing looks like.

Is DeJonge's swing really over the top or is just on plane? It seems to go from very flat to on plane.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The pros are really good at "dropping" the ball, almost as if they practice it. I liked the pre 1984 rule (drop the ball behind your shoulder.) Here's Seve dropping over the shoulder (at the 4:50 mark) for the famous parking lot shot at the '79 Open [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6vnydn9hXg[/VIDEO]

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!