IGNORED

Sharpie line on the seam?

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Line on seam?

• Yes ,I need that line for all putts.
    • Yes, need it for some.
    • No, I don't need one.

Trust.....

Right!.... What I find myself doing after aligning my putt would be to say to myself, "that doesn't look right" then putt on a line different from the line on the ball, and miss... The original line mark was the right one. I keep telling myself to trust it, and over and over I fail to do so.... "what a stupid I am!"

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Line-M'-Up in my last trip to Golf Galaxy, and I have yet to regret it. Not only did I basically get it for free with a coupon I had, but it'd helped me line up putts from any distance. I love it.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
im pretty sure this has been mentioned but i think the best way to get a sharpie line is to just use a Gatorade ring. I own a line m up too though and it works good, but for like 5 bucks more.
Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

I always line up putts with the alignment mark on my balls which virtually all balls have on them these days. (Not normally as well defined as the new ProV's I will admit) I also always put unique markings on my balls to identify them. I can't beleive some people don't do this as you need to be able to identify your ball without lifting it or maybe you always hit it dead straight and know exactly where it is!

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

I would have put a smiley face on my post, but I find emoticons to be a little girly. I'm not saying you are girly for using emoticons, I'm just saying I'm girly if I use an emoticon. I worked too hard growing this hair on my back to turn back now.

That's some funny shiate!

I don't care how you are !! C'Mon man...you know you want to click that little winking smiley sometimes

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

On topic...My B330 ball doesn't have a seam ;)

I don't draw a line, but my new Sun Mountain golf bag came with one of those little plastic templates. I tried it on a couple of brand new sacrificial Pro V1's to see what it would look like. Haven't tried it on the green yet.

(SkyCaddies Rule!!)

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

This is just my opinion, but I wish the USGA would outlaw this and the range finders!

what about a sharpie line on a ball makes the game untraditional? If you truly wanted to play the game traditionally, you'd use persimmon woods and hickory shafts, and a wound ball. Do you? I once read an interview with Jack, where he stated that he thought one of Tiger's strongest putting attributes was the ability to pick a line and trust it. Interesting, i thought. third post in a rows the charm :) I have an odyssey 2-ball putter. I feel like I'm cheating with that club. I'm money on anything inside 8 feet. Anyone with a two ball, when you're standing over the ball, move the putter back from the ball about 6 inches. you'll get an excellent assist with where the putter is aimed. its why i feel like i'm cheating with that putter.

Driver- TM 580XD 9*
3w- Adams GT extreme 15*
2H- Snake Eyes 653TH
4-gw Snake Eyes Viper Tour 1/2" long, 2 degrees up
wedges:TM chrome RAC 56*putter: Odyssey 2 ball DFX ball: Srixon Z-URC

I once read an interview with Jack, where he stated that he thought one of Tiger's strongest putting attributes was the ability to pick a line and trust it. Interesting, i thought.

knowing what to do and being able to do it are two completely different things

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
how can i draw at straight line on mine without out one of those align things???? I can't get to golf town anytime soon.

Use the ring from a Gatorade bottle.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Use the ring from a Gatorade bottle.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

I not only don't use a line, but I make sure I see nothing on the ball as I putt. Face the blank part up.

I've tried the line system, but I feel like if the line is off, it'll take me forever to line it up excatly how I want it. Nobody would want to play with me.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I don't like any markings on my golf ball (other than what came with it), so I will use the alignment arrow that's printed on the ProV1. However, if I start to miss my putts too long or too short, then I stop using the arrow. At that point, I've become too concerned with the line instead of what I should be concerned with, which is the speed.

DT

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

The last two posters pretty much summed it up for where I'm at right now.

I'm utilizing the line on the ProV1 right now and feel, well, "WTF, I gotta steer it" over the ball.

Grew up putting by hitting the Titleist label and aligning with a marker/small blemish ahead of the ball.

As an aside, I play balls I find. Balls marked with Sharpie "overmarked" Idiot Marks, I give away or put them in my bag for chipping, no matter what their condition. I prefer a subtle marking of the ball.

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!