IGNORED

Big Break II

iacas
Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Okay, so, screw The Golf Channel for pulling a fast one on us tonight. What the heck? Grrr. Another compilation show? C'mon!!! I want to see Don get his heart ripped out and shown to him, not more of "Bart behind the scenes."

I will admit, though, that Kip's wife wasn't too shabby... nor Bart's. I'm also looking forward to Big Break III. That'll be good to watch with Carey.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

C'mon Erik, you didn't check the TiVo before you tuned in? It was telling me Compilation 2, and I just threw up my hands and said, "TiVo, do your thing!"

Was the behind-the-scenes stuff (other than the wives) any good, or should I just delete it?

Since Direct TV just recently decided to give me The Golf Channel as part of my subscription (instead of charging me another $12 for the sports package), I didn't get to see most of the Big Break II. I'll probably just start watching when the third installment comes around. Is it good t.v.?

It's fun. Typically I despise 'reality' shows - Survivor, Fear Factor and the like - but BB2 is a blast.

Heck, my wife even likes it, and she's definitely NOT a golfer. So, that should say something...

• Administrator
C'mon Erik, you didn't check the TiVo before you tuned in? It was telling me Compilation 2, and I just threw up my hands and said, "TiVo, do your thing!"

I'd watch it. Just skip past all of the recaps. Then you have a 30-minute show with Bart and Kip and Don at home. That stuff is kind of interesting, and it made me dislike Don even more.

His wife goes to work from 4-9, they have a kid, and he plays golf all day. How they pay the bills is beyond me. His constant whining about "I just need someone to give me a break" is bull**** - Make the Nationwide tour through Q-School or something. There's your "chance" right there - you take chances, you don't wait for someone to hand one to you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was pretty disappointed with last nights show. I saw Tivo start recording and checked the info and saw "compilation 2" and after being pumped up all day to hopefully see Don get the axe I knew it would be another week. Arrgh! I don't know why the Golf Channel does this.

I did get a chuckle when the guy from Don's home course said the other guys on BBII might not like Don's mouth wedge.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator
YOW!!!

Bart lost! He landed two drives in the fairway out of 4, but averaged 320 or so with both of them. One was about a foot off the fairway. Then it took Don like three or four extra holes to beat Kip of all people in the putting test. He got lucky and made a putt before Bart and got immunity.

Then Don cried . He literally cried. During the driving and putting, his hands were shaking so badly he could barely set the ball down.

Then Bart thinned a wedge, pushed a little 8I, and played too safe on his next hole (though Kip did hit a great shot to beat him). Bye bye Bart.

Don's a better player than Kip, and it looks like Captain Dillweed is going to win. I picked Bart in week 2.

Here's to hoping Donnie shakes so badly next week he can't hit it. I'm not one to root against anyone very often, but that guy just ain't right in the head.

Oh well. Bye Bart. We'll miss ya.

I was absolutely shocked, I think that was the worst Bart had played during any challenge. Kind of makes you wonder if all the times he sat out didn't lead to a little rust or lack of experience with pressure.

That said, I'd say that Kip's approach on the last hole was the best shot I'd seen in the entire show, I don't think any of the contestants had stuck a shot that close in any of the challenges. Just shows you how fickle golf can be.

• Administrator
Instead of observing all of the challenges, maybe Bart should have spent the time at the range.

I was on the edge of my seat through the entire show. I really did not expect Don to win the exemption and I really did not expect Kip to beat Bart in the elimination challenge. That shot Kip made on the final hole was awesome.

Still can't believe Don is going to be in the final. I bet if he wins he passes out and starts shaking.

• Administrator
Seizures, seizures, seizures! Be sure to vote .

• Administrator

BTW, here's my

episode 9 writeup . It includes lame jokes like:
Then he began to cry. And cry, and cry, and cry. Rick Smith revoked his immunity and kicked him out, saying "Big Break III is all women, you sissy, come back then!"

And, of course, Don "Ninja Turtle" Donatello:

Instead of observing all of the challenges, maybe Bart should have spent the time at the range.

Or one step further, I'd have actually asked to play the challenges right along side the rest.

Bart was my pick from the get-go. Sucks to see him gone!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I don't know if they'd have let him. I would have done it just to goof around. I would have trouble watching a bunch of guys doing things without wanting to say "let me try that!" Some of the challenges just looked fun.

• Administrator
Well, there you have it. I'm going to go spend an hour or two right now writing up the Big Break II final episode summary for the blog, but all I have to say right now is "wow" - the better man won. And by better I mean personality and golf ability.

Last nights final show was awesome. I was glad they let them play 18 holes man against man. When Kip went up 1 on Don I thought it was going to be a short show but then Don fought back and really made Kip play his best game just to keep in contention. I think it was the 17th hole that Kip got really lucky his ball made into the bunker and not in the water. I also thought it may have been over for Kip when he left a put short by half an inch.

I was also pleased to see that Bart will be back for BBIV.

And wow that blonde that was on the preview for BBIII is smoking. I'm going to be Tivoing that for sure.

Oh one more thing. I think Don really showed how bad a sport he is when he lost. Kip went to shake Don's hand and it appeared Don pushed it away. That was pretty bad behavior if you ask me.

Note: This thread is 3703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!