IGNORED

Wish me Luck!

CG031
Note: This thread is 6094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys. My tee time today is at 3:20. And to clearify some of the questions recently asked: Yes, I am 15. I didn't start this year for my high school golf team, but I will next year. I want to get some experience "under pressure" I guess you could call it in these tournaments, thats why I entered about 5 or 6 of them. My goal today is to just break 100. This course isn't easy at all...It's like 6700 yards (If I'm right that were are playing the blue tees) and it's got hard, really fast greens...so, Anyway, If I come back with 110 score, I won't get too hard on myself, because I probably am not ready to compete on a course like this. I shot a 97 in a practice round here, so I'm hoping I can duplicate that!

Anyway, see you all later!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Damn. We got rained out! I remembered what you guys said though, and on the first hole, I hit it right down the middle of the fairway...I was a lot more relaxed then my first tournament. I ended up lipping out a chip for birdie on that hole, and ended that one with a par.

Overall, through 3 holes I was +3..I wasn't too upset with that though because I got some unlucky breaks, and was forced to get up and down...Then the rain started coming, so I only got in 3 holes.

Oh well...I've got a tournament in like two weeks as my next event, so I'll let you guys know how that one goes

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• 2 weeks later...

Tournament tomorrow in PA again. I can't wait, really excited. 8 AM tee time. This course isn't very hard (only like 6100 yards) so I'm really hoping for a good score. Some of the tips you guys gave me really helped me stay relaxed.

Hopefully this time I won't get rained out :) haha... as always - wish me luck!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I enjoyed reading your comments. It sort of brought me back to my high school/junior golf days. Although... I don't want to sound like I'm that old (30). Good luck to you.... playing in tournaments like this at your age reallly is the best thing for your game. You'll be able to take so much from your experiences. You'll be able to enter club championships and actually shoot your handicap/average score I can't tell you how many of those things I've played in and guys with 10's, 12's have shot in the 100's. They simply aren't used to playing competitive golf. Keep yourself relaxed, prepared and just have lots of fun, which it seems you are doing. And heck, you're playing Cleveland irons so what the heck can go wrong

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Bah, played pretty terrible. I shot a 93. I wasn't TOO mad about that, but the back nine was completely frustrating. I shot 45/48 and on the back I had 0 pars/birdies. I was a little upset with that. I guess with NINE three putts your never going to score under 90. Oh well, driver was OK, irons/wedges were very solid though. Overall, played decent I guess. My putting was a joke, when i was over 15 feet, it was a guaranteed 3 putt. Some holes were SO fast, then the next hole, it'd be DOWNHILL, and it'd be SO slow. Also, there were gigantic hills in the greens so HUGE breaks made 5-7 footers real tough. The kid in my group shot a 109, another kid shot a 92. Course was playing tough because of the greens being so inconsistent, and plus I had never played the course before. My group was playing so slow, thanks to the kid who shot 109. He took 3-4 practice swings, finally hit, and hit everyone fat or thin...not one solid shot I can remember from him. Slow players in your group + not knowing the course = Nine three putts and ultimately a 93 overall.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

sounded like a hard course!
When you play with bad players it doesnt help your game.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

I played alright today. I shot a 91. It was the hardest course (6600 yards) that I've played. I only had 4 three putts, so it wasn't my putting - it was mostly just no luck. A bunch of par putts (up and down's) lipped out, at least 3-4. My speed was pretty good but it was one of those days where you just couldn't get anything to fall. Other then my driver, everything was pretty solid. I was pretty happy with the way I played, I should have shot lower but I played a consistent bogey golfer which is basically what the level I'm at right now in these tournaments anyway. I have one coming up Friday, so I'm pretty excited for that - each tournament has been coming lower and lower...my goal for Friday is to break 90.

I did have one positive today though...I pitched in from 20 yards with my sand wedge on the last hole with my parents watching and all the other junior players....overall i had a good time today and that's really all that matters.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• 3 weeks later...
lol you guys think a kid shooting 109 is bad? yesterday i had a league match for my highschool, i played with a kid who shot 148. it would have been well over 200 too if we didnt make him pick up. i was playing pretty well until the last 4 holes which were hellish. 6 over par on the last 4 holes for an 84. haha when they added up the final scores for all the schools we were in 5th place at 328 strokes. the school this kid is from was in the upper 500's... lol 6 hour rounds suck!! :)

lol you guys think a kid shooting 109 is bad? yesterday i had a league match for my highschool, i played with a kid who shot 148. it would have been well over 200 too if we didnt make him pick up. i was playing pretty well until the last 4 holes which were hellish. 6 over par on the last 4 holes for an 84. haha when they added up the final scores for all the schools we were in 5th place at 328 strokes. the school this kid is from was in the upper 500's... lol 6 hour rounds suck!! :)

Yeah...I can beat that. My sons high school played in Myrtle Beach this year, he's 2 on the varsity team. Anywho I'm watching the scores being posted and one of the scores was 204. I'm not kidding. I said to the person that was posting the scores that has to be a typo. She said no, it was an actual score. I felt soooo bad for the kid, but more upset with the coach that let this kid play. How upsetting that must have been for him/her.

To the OP, keep up the good work!

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

Note: This thread is 6094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!