IGNORED

Practicing with just one ball, I don't get it?

jfrain2004
Note: This thread is 4278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Hmmm, where is the OP? This is actually a silly thread. 20 balls, really? I'm starting to suspect a troll...

If it was a troll it was very subtle. Or he REALLY knows his audience and knew that disrespecting a golf course would get him 40 replies about how wrong he is. touche troll

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by jfrain2004

My practice session involve 20 balls off the tee

........are we exaggerating just a tad bit?

20 balls from the tee on the golf course?   Hahaha...

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

........are we exaggerating just a tad bit?

20 balls from the tee on the golf course?   Hahaha...

We've all had days like that, haven't we? Sometimes it takes 20 drives just to put one in play.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

If you're playing more than one ball, are you paying for more than one round?

Your greens fees are calculated on a certain amount of wear and tear to the course. If you're doubling the number of hits, you should be paying double because you are doing double wear and tear to the course. Anything less is really equivalent to theft.

• Upvote 1

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Originally Posted by DirtCheap

Your greens fees are calculated on a certain amount of wear and tear to the course. If you're doubling the number of hits, you should be paying double because you are doing double wear and tear to the course. Anything less is really equivalent to theft.

Hitting a few extra balls is theft? Haha.

If I am stuck behind a slow group playing solo I will hit a few extra balls if I am not scoring the round sometimes.

Do they charge people who shoot 130 double?  I mean afterall...thats almost two times par so they are putting twice the wear and tear on the course.

All of those thieves out there on the course.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Paradox

Do they charge people who shoot 130 double?  I mean afterall...thats almost two times par so they are putting twice the wear and tear on the course.

Man I'm glad they don't do that!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Paradox

It's a little different - it is unlikely that the guy shooting 130 is hurting a fairway - he may be injuring a few trees and water life - but i'd be willing to bet he fixed his one fairway divot

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

It's a little different - it is unlikely that the guy shooting 130 is hurting a fairway - he may be injuring a few trees and water life - but i'd be willing to bet he fixed his one fairway divot

its all the same...he's putting wear and tear on the course whether he's chunking up the rough or the fairway.  Plus he's adding all that extra time to the golf cart.  He's walking all over the greens when he 4 putts.  They might even should charge this guy triple so he isn't stealing anything!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by meenman

For the record I always pick up all the branches and dead birds.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

For the record I always pick up all the branches and dead birds.

Every branch I knock out of a tree is one less I can hit the next time.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

shooting 130 isnt hurting the fairway. Shooting 130 your two misses are probably topping the ball and fatting the shot. so if half of those shots are fat you better believe he messed up the fairway. or made the rough a little thinner :D

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Yeahh... no.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

???

I play one ball per round.  Last week I made it to the 18th hole before I lost a ball in a water hazard and had to pull a 2nd ball from my bag.

20 balls off the tee, in any direction....?

3 balls?

What is up with that?

You should read the book on Titanic Thompson. One of his betting tactics was letting his opponent hit 3 balls off each tee and play the best ball.  It usually wore them out by the end of the first nine so they didn't have any good shots left for the back nine.

Only one off the tee. Sometimes another crap ball if I want to try something so I don't actually have to go get the ball. I walk and I really don't want to go back and forth across the fairway a bunch of extra times. I will hit multiple approach shots to see if I can iron something out. I play nights and I am often the only one on the course. I have messed around on the 18th hole for quite a while one night doing the 9 ball chip/putt out drill from breed. It is a tough green and a good challenge.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I prefer 5 per tee shot.  If it goes into the woods I look for as many balls as possible no matter how long it takes. I bring each one back to the fairway and hit every one.  When one goes back into the woods I start that process over.  Any leftovers at round's end I sell at the first tee from a lemonade stand I stole from children.  Have fun playing behind me.

Note: This thread is 4278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!