IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

I like the srixon Z-URC as there a nice soft ball and seems just as good as a pro-v!!

It's only $5 cheaper than the Prov1's so I think the extra $5 for confidence would be justified..

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not on your list but I just bought some Titleist HP2s.
That's one hell of a ball.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

What's up with the TaylorMade balls with odd-sized dimples? Does this really make a difference in ball flight or is it a gimmick? (I'm still hitting TF D2 Straights, and figure the dimple-in-dimple is probably a gimmick too, but who knows)

• Administrator
What's up with the TaylorMade balls with odd-sized dimples? Does this really make a difference in ball flight or is it a gimmick? (I'm still hitting TF D2 Straights, and figure the dimple-in-dimple is probably a gimmick too, but who knows)

Most balls have dimples of different sizes. A Pro V1x has 7 different sized dimples. The sizes matter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just picked up 5 dozen pro-v1's for $100.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

Gosh, I actually started taking a close look at my D2 and noticed that the dimples are different sizes on it, too. I honestly never knew that. I thought they were all uniformly sized.

They are from LostGolfBalls.com, I got the highest rated used ones (AAAA MINT) or something like that, they call them "One hit wonders". Picked them up on ebay, I'll post the condition when they get here.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

• 4 weeks later...

For $25 and under....I like and play the e5+ and the burner TP....

Stix:

Driver: Taylormade superquad 9.5 deg
Fairway: Taylormade burner 3 & 5 woods)
Hybrid: Taylormade 3iIrons 1: Mizuno MP-32Irons 2: Tommy Armour muscleback bladesIrons 3: Wilson Staff Goosenecks (1984Wedges:Titliest vokey and & lob 60 degPutter 1: Tad Moore MnBr bladePutter 2: Tommy Armour...

I used to play whatever I found around the pro shop or used carts, but now that ive become more consistent and dont spray the ball as much I use only Pro V1s. They are way too expensive for a golf ball in my opinion, but I love the feel of them. For the money though, I still think that the NXT Tour is a great ball and I would be willing to play it any day.

just switched to the Pro V1x and couldn't be happier.

I've tried my rounds with the Callaway ix, the Taylormade TP Red and Nike One Platinum but you know what? The Titleist Pro V1x outperforms them all for me. I can't wait until next year's models.

I really like the Titleist DT Roll. I used them for the first time yesterday. The balls perform as advertised. For me, the trajectory was noticeably lower off the tee. Hey-the carry is very good, too. At $26/dozen, the Titleist DT Roll is a bargain. They're my new, favorite ball.

No love for Noodles???!?!?
What's In The Bag?
Driver: 975J 10.5*
3-Wood: F-50 13.5*
5-Wood: Launcher Steel 19*
Irons: DCi Gold 3-PWPutter: Tracy IISand Wedge: 56* CG10 2-Dot

Note: This thread is 5577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!