IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

I put a Pro V1x in play for the first time yesterday and shot my best round ever. Coincidence?

I put it in play again today and haven't lost it yet. They will for sure be worth buying now that I have mostly quit losing balls. I used to go through fifteen Top-Flites in a week of play. I haven't lost a ball OB in quite a few rounds but I still have a hard time shelling out so much money for Pro V1s! I am always excited to find one while searching for one of my own lost balls.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently playing theTaylormade TP Black, but I am considering a switch to the ProV1. I just love a ball that will spin around the greens!

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

I am currently playing theTaylormade TP Black, but I am considering a switch to the ProV1. I just love a ball that will spin around the greens!

You do know that the TP Red is the equivalent of the Pro V1 right?

Pro V1 = TP Red more spin, softer cover Pro V1x = TP Black less spin, harder cover

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Of all of them, I prefer the ProV1. I like the hit and feel around the greens. It is also easy to spin or not spin the ball. I hit the ball long, so I am not worried about what little distance I lost.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

i used dt solo's, but since theyre discontinued i use dt carrys..... very durable

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I've yet to see any significant difference between different balls. I've bought some mid-priced Nike balls (Ignite, Karma) and I also bought a box of inexpensive Dunlop distance balls (15 for $12). I can't tell any difference between them. Since I've been playing again I've also played a few Pro V1's, TM's, Nike 1's, etc. and I still don't see any difference. Once I truly begin to get my gamed dialed in (shooting again consistantly in the mid 80's with an occassional round in the 70's) perhaps then I can tell a difference, but until then I'll stick with the el cheapo balls. A couple of the courses I play are pretty tough with a lot of water and playing with my sons it's not uncommon for us to lose 10 balls in one round (one disasterous day where I shot a 102 at The River Golf Club in North Augusta, SC, a Fazio design, comes to mind).

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I have already posted to this thread, but I tried the Bridgestone e6+ on Saturday and was very impressed with this ball. Distance is there. The only thing I had to do was adjust my stopping distance on the green. For me the e6+ takes a little longer to stop over the ProV1X I have been playing. My son gave me a dozen of the e6+ for Father's Day and so far I like them.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Depends on the course. I'll use the Noodle and the Srixon SF for daunting courses with plenty of water and brush. For wide open courses I'll go with the Pro-V1x.

In my Army Cammo bag:

Shoes: Footjoy Contour
Gloves:
Driver: Dual Point3W: Dual Point3-4 Hybrid: Rescue Burner/Mid5-PW: CG4GW-SW: 588 53/56 degPutter: Anser I seriesBall: B330s

I voted for the Titleist DT SOLO because I've used it in the past, and because my current ball, the Maxfli Longest Noodle wasn't in the list.

sleepy

-= My bag =-

Driver, 3 & 5 Woods:
Fairway Woods: Stan Thompson 'Ginty'
Irons 3 - PW: Eye 2 (red dot) Sand Wedge: $10 bargain bucket special Putter: Rossie mallet Ball: Longest Noodle or DT SoLo (reconditioned)Shoes:

Voted NXT Tour as my regular ball, but it depends on the situation :

... but just now I´m in love with the Taylormade TP RED

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

have given up on the noodle, the old ones played much better for some reason... Waiting on some Titleist DT Carry's to come in the mail.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Nike one black.

in my bag I have

driver: tour burner TP 10,5°
woods: burner women 3 and 5
irons: X-20 tour 3-PWwedges: x-forged 50° and 56°putter: Kasternballs: ONE black

I'm a fan of the Pro V1X, but only when I can afford it. I've been using some old balls recently because I can't afford $40+ a box for the V1Xs

I play the ProV1x mostly. Not because I am that good but because I seem to get more of them given to me than anything else. I do like the way the ball stops on hard greens. If the greens are soft or it has been raining, I generally will switch to a ball that is harder since I am not interested in spinning the ball back.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I like the ProV1s and V1xes I find in the woods and the lake, but I've found those balls I get are cursed. Because if I get a ball from the woods or the lake, its destined to return there within a few holes. I think some balls are just magnetically attracted to the treeline right of the fairway. :)

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Tried the Pro V1 today was not impressed, then tried the HX Hot it was very long but didn't hold up on greens on chips/pitches very well for me. Overall I still like my Bridgestone E6+ the best so far.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!