IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

I really couldn't vote here as I simply can't tell the difference between most brands of balls. Clearly this reflects my strugglling game...
Hopefully one day I will be good enough to give a cr#p about the brand of ball I am hitting....

In my atlas bag:

Driver: MX-560 (Diamana Blue Board 63 X-Flex Graphite Shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX #3/20* IW
4I-GW: AP1 (4-6 graphite)56* W: vokeyPutter: anser 2

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My preference is Pro-V1's but I've been using NXT Tours recently. They're a nice substitute, but MAN do they scuff easily.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I use the nike juice. I would like to try some premium balls but I think that I miss the speed for that.

I have a cart bag.

driver: big bertha
woods: FT 3-5-7-9
Hybrid: heavenwood 26°Irons: X-20 6-PWwedges: X-tour 54-58°putter: redwood

If I'm playing a shorter course then the ProV1. Under 6200
If the course is a monster then I'm going to try the TopFlight FREAK 6600+
If the course is not too long but has some brutally long holes, I might consider mixing it up, using the distance ball on those long holes and the ProV1 on the rest of them.

The ProV1 needs a fast swing especially on the irons to get good distance and I hit my irons easy with a smooth tempo. It's a great ball if you can really compress it.

The FREAK goes much further on the irons with a high trajectory and I've had no problem stopping it on the green.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• Administrator
I thought it was the V1X that needed a faster swing not the V1?

Both balls respond well to faster swings (95 MPH or over, roughly). If you're under 95, a lower compression ball will probably work best for you.

Imagine a graph showing swing speed (x axis, 70 MPH to 120 MPH) and distance (y axis). For a low compression ball, the line would start fairly high but not have a lot of slope. For a high compression ball, the line would start lower but slope up more aggressively. They'd cross at about 95. That's wildly generalized, but I think you get the point. I just wanted to speak to the absence of that "boost" people think you get when you hit 115 or 120 MPH.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A buddy of mine that plays the mini tours just turned me onto the Bridgestone B330-S. Its really a good ball. I am amazed but I replaced my beloved Prov-1X with it. I like three things about it.

1. I seem to be able to control my spin better with it than with my old ball.
2. It is the most durable ball I have ever played
3. It's $7.00 a dozen CHEAPER!

Distance and feel are equal to the Prov-1X IMHO. So just when I say there is only one ball for me I change.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

A buddy of mine that plays the mini tours just turned me onto the Bridgestone B330-S. Its really a good ball. I am amazed but I replaced my beloved Prov-1X with it. I like three things about it.

I used to use the B330-S ball as well, until I switched to the Pro V1x. I felt the other way around as I thought that the Pro V1x gave me better control with my spin as well as being more durable than the B330-S. Although, I do agree with you as I felt the distance and feel were equal to the Pro V1x.

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

• Administrator
I used to use the B330-S ball as well, until I switched to the Pro V1x. I felt the other way around as I thought that the Pro V1x gave me better control with my spin as well as being more durable than the B330-S. Although, I do agree with you as I felt the distance and feel were equal to the Pro V1x.

Both of you are aware that the B330 ~ Pro V1x and B330-S ~ Pro V1, right? You both kind of did a "cross-grade."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have used nike balls and have had decent results with them. I haven't tried many other balls though and am planning on buying different balls each time i need them and testing them out.

I'm still not at the point where I can buy the 45 dollar balls, but I've found for a medium priced ball, the green sleeve Callaway HX Hot Bites are pretty nice. Not a huge difference in distance and its the only ball i've ever gotten to stop and dance back occasionally.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

I thought the Callaways had feel, in comparison to what I had been using, but today I went all out and bought a box of Pro V1's. Wow. Now I know what feel is. Was able to hit a low wedge about 60 yards and have it just. Stop. Feels great hitting around the greens, but I did lose about 10 yards on drives.

The HX Hot Bites are still a nice, half price alternative.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

• 1 month later...
Tour i is the BEST. Seriously. I've played the last two rounds with the same ball and it still looks and performs like it did on the first hole. This 4-piece ball is super soft, but very long. IMO - better than the Pro V1. I said it.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Pro V1 and HX tour are my best scoring golf balls

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

wheres the bridgestone e6 and e5, lol jk, you can't get all the golf balls

but i would vote for pro V1s and Bridgestone e6s

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

Volvik Crystal Soft Feel Rainbow Box.

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Yeah, I completely agree! Tour Ix is great too.

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!