IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

top flite D2 feel in recreational rounds and of course the pro v1 when serious

10* Callaway FT-i w/ fujikura speeder 586 reg
15* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
19* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
4-pw Mizuno MP-60 w/ TTDG R300
52* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R30058* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R300

just picked up some TA2 spn nike's on sale and boy do they feel great off the putter. I'll have to report back after hitting them.

IN THE BAG-
Driver Adams 8.5 Insight XTD YSQ-65 Stiff
Nike Sumo2 3 wood
Nike Sumo2 3 hybrid
Irons Taylromade r7 Steel shaftCallaway X 60 degree wedge MD groovesPutter Scotty Cameron Newport

I like most prefer the titleist prov1. I love it because it has the gives you the most spin around the greens while delivering decent distance but I am not too hot on the lack of durability they have.

10* Callaway FT-i w/ fujikura speeder 586 reg
15* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
19* Sonartec NP-99 w/ aldila nv 65 stiff
4-pw Mizuno MP-60 w/ TTDG R300
52* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R30058* Callaway X tour w/ TTDG R300

I voted NXT on this poll like 6 months ago when I had no clue what I was doing. I had a couple dozen Titleist logo overruns of Surlyn cover balls that were a couple years old. NXT was probably the closest to what I was using.

When those ran out I bought a couple dozen NXT tours and thought that was my ball of choice. I didn't think a premium ball was worth the cost. Then, about a month or so ago I found a mint condition Pro V1. I played the rest of my round with it and was sticking greens that I'd never stick - 185 yd. 4 irons. I played the first 9 of my next round with it until a cart path and a couple of bunkers later it was put out of commision.

I then went back to my NXT Tour and realized that it felt like a rock. I decided then and there that a premium ball is worth the cost. I don't know that I'll stick with the Pro V1 forever, but I'm totally sold on premium balls. The benefits they offer are well worth the extra $2/ball.

I think the Pro V1 is the right ball for me right now b/c I don't hit it particularly high, and I can use the extra spin around the greens. I'm loving the Pro V1.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Most any premimum ball is good for me, but recently I've been using the Taylormade TP Red/Black. The Red feels a bit softer with more spin and the Black holds its own line much better in the wind and has slightly less spin. Looking forward to using them again in the spring.
In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

Prov1, Callaway HX tour

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I've recently become enamored with the TopFlight D2 Feel. It is as long as any ball I've ever played, holds it line amazingly well in the wind, and has just enough spin to hold greens. I can't wait until "The Gamer" comes out, which supposedly has all of the great features of the D2 with more premium ball like spin.
WITB:

Driver: G5 10.5* TFC 100
Wood: Insight BUL 15* Aldila Speedline
Wood: RPM LP 19* Grafalloy BlueIrons: I3+ 3-PW WRX Flighted 5.5 RiflesWedges: RAC TP 54* & 58*Putter: Studio Style Newport 35"Ball: E6+"Golf is an open exhibition of overweening ambition, courage deflated by stupidity,...

• 2 weeks later...
Does everyone agree that to play a pro-v1x your swing speed needs to be over 105mph?? Because I use one and still get better distance than a prov1. They wouldn't be harder than warbirds or other rocks on the market, right?
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

im a fan of the one platinum they're long, soft feeling and low spinning with the driver without sacrificing spin on the lower irons. i'd also use the titlest pro v1 the odd time

The more I practise the luckier I get!

In the bag:

SQ Sumo 9.5 stiff NDS 3 wood 15 deg reg CPR 3 hybrid reg Pro Combo graphite reg shaft Ignite 001 putter one+platinum golf ball

I have played the last 3 rounds with the TaylorMade Black. I have to say I really like the ball. Notice the most difference around the greens. I've never been able to get a ball to stick on the greens like I can with this ball. I also like the feel and sound off the driver.
Just my .02
IN THE BAG
DRIVER 460 Super Quad 9.5 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
3 WOOD R7 Steel 15 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft
Wedge CG 10 Black Pearl 56 degreePutter Black Series #2 Blade 33" Ball BLACK

Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!