IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

no way no how... those of you who dont swear by the new nxt extremes, or for lower handicappers the nxt tours... you dont know what your missing. The solidness and yardage of a rock, with an extremely soft shell and spin comparable to the pro V... for half the cost?

you guys are out of your minds if you dont play these.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been playing the TP red's for most of last year but picked up a couple of packs of the TP Blacks, feel with the putter is the same but haven't yet played them on the course yet but from most reviews (including this site) they seem to launch higher and carry longer which should help my lower trajectory.

• 1 month later...
Lost Ball hits whatever is given to him. What Lost Ball means is he will buy the cheapest at the golf course I am playing or whatever balls Lost Ball Sr. gives me on that day. Balls change from Titleist, Nike, to some others Lost Ball forgets

Bridgestone 330 for more than 2 years. It's one of the best balls out there. I used to play ProVs (like most) but switched and am glad I did.

Also, for those that play a Titleist, here's an interesting article that details how Titleist lost an IP/patent lawsuit to Bridgestone for ball design earlier this year. Each time one of the Titleist balls is sold, Bridgestone receives royalties. And incidentally, I think we'll continue to see the Bridgestone and Srixon brands make deeper strides in the golf equipment market in the years to come.

I've used Nike Power Distance and the NXT's before and I like those. I've got 2 dozen Slazenger RAW's in my bag now.

How do you like the Slazenger's? I bought some around Christmas. Actually I bought some as a gift for someone and got another dozen free so I kept them for myself to use. I usually play what ever was on sale the last time I went to the Big Box stores. It's usually top flite. Last year (July 07) I won a dozen Pro V1's at a golf tournament at work. So I'm going to play them some this year and I'll work the Slazy's in also. I'm not sure that either will help my game any but you never know. Maybe they will give me a little more confidence and I'll play better because of it. I voted Pro V1 since the ball I usually play isn't up there.

Currently I am playing the D2 Feel from Topflite!

When I play with a nice and expansive ProV1 for example then I don't wan't to loose the ball and therefore I don't have a free mind to play my best golf!

I didn't vote because the ball I play is not listed.
A few unlisted brands come to mind:
Precept, Wilson, Dunlop/Maxfli, Hogan, Pinnacle
Judging from the number of Pinnacles I find, somebody is playing them.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sort of odd. I treat new balls like they are gold. I only bust them out on certain occasions. I'm not partial to any one brand and treat all the high end balls the same. I like to try anything I find on the course. My favorite is the Callaway HX Tour 56. Feels great around the greens, which is where I need it the most.

I'm still trying to find my favorite ball, but the ball that gives me the most consistency so far is the Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. It isn't great at anything, but it's a good all-around ball and easy on the pocketbook.
I've been experimenting with some new balls including: Hx Hot, E6+, and Wilson Fifty Fifty.

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!