IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

no way no how... those of you who dont swear by the new nxt extremes, or for lower handicappers the nxt tours... you dont know what your missing. The solidness and yardage of a rock, with an extremely soft shell and spin comparable to the pro V... for half the cost?

you guys are out of your minds if you dont play these.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been playing the TP red's for most of last year but picked up a couple of packs of the TP Blacks, feel with the putter is the same but haven't yet played them on the course yet but from most reviews (including this site) they seem to launch higher and carry longer which should help my lower trajectory.

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

• 1 month later...
Lost Ball hits whatever is given to him. What Lost Ball means is he will buy the cheapest at the golf course I am playing or whatever balls Lost Ball Sr. gives me on that day. Balls change from Titleist, Nike, to some others Lost Ball forgets
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

Bridgestone 330 for more than 2 years. It's one of the best balls out there. I used to play ProVs (like most) but switched and am glad I did.

Also, for those that play a Titleist, here's an interesting article that details how Titleist lost an IP/patent lawsuit to Bridgestone for ball design earlier this year. Each time one of the Titleist balls is sold, Bridgestone receives royalties. And incidentally, I think we'll continue to see the Bridgestone and Srixon brands make deeper strides in the golf equipment market in the years to come.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Srizon Soft Feels
and
Titleist Pro V

On harder greens i use Srixon Soft Feels.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I've used Nike Power Distance and the NXT's before and I like those. I've got 2 dozen Slazenger RAW's in my bag now.

How do you like the Slazenger's? I bought some around Christmas. Actually I bought some as a gift for someone and got another dozen free so I kept them for myself to use. I usually play what ever was on sale the last time I went to the Big Box stores. It's usually top flite. Last year (July 07) I won a dozen Pro V1's at a golf tournament at work. So I'm going to play them some this year and I'll work the Slazy's in also. I'm not sure that either will help my game any but you never know. Maybe they will give me a little more confidence and I'll play better because of it. I voted Pro V1 since the ball I usually play isn't up there.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I like the Titleist DT SoLo very much. I'm a beginner and my pro recommended them. I haven't tried many other balls (except for the Callaway Warbirds) so I can't really compare them to other balls.
Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

Currently I am playing the D2 Feel from Topflite!

When I play with a nice and expansive ProV1 for example then I don't wan't to loose the ball and therefore I don't have a free mind to play my best golf!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

I didn't vote because the ball I play is not listed.
A few unlisted brands come to mind:
Precept, Wilson, Dunlop/Maxfli, Hogan, Pinnacle
Judging from the number of Pinnacles I find, somebody is playing them.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sort of odd. I treat new balls like they are gold. I only bust them out on certain occasions. I'm not partial to any one brand and treat all the high end balls the same. I like to try anything I find on the course. My favorite is the Callaway HX Tour 56. Feels great around the greens, which is where I need it the most.

In My Bag: 10.5 Staff (cart) - (stand)

Driver - FT-i - (11 degree Speeder)

3 wood - Sasquatch - (Diamana)5 wood - Big Bertha - (Steel)4 hybrid - Rescue Mid clone - (Irod)Irons - DCI 822OS - (Graphite)Wedges - CG10 and CG11 Black PearlPutter - Heavy...

Nike One platinums.. got a new dozen of them for xmas :)

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

I'm still trying to find my favorite ball, but the ball that gives me the most consistency so far is the Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. It isn't great at anything, but it's a good all-around ball and easy on the pocketbook.
I've been experimenting with some new balls including: Hx Hot, E6+, and Wilson Fifty Fifty.
Driver: FT-5 (10° Draw UST Proforce V2 Stiff)
3 Wood: SS2.5
5 Wood: GT2 Tight Lies
4 Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22°
Irons: CG4 Steel Regular FlexWedges: CG12 (56° Standard Bounce) CG14 (60° Standard Bounce)Putter: XG #7Ball: Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft / Callaway HX Hot

I use Nxt and Nxt tours and very happy with those

I recently found a maxfli noodle and played with it for the rest of the round, and really like it - so those are my "economy" balls now

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

I use the Callaway HX Tour, I love the feel of them, the flight and the sound that produces when I hit the ball. I tried ProV1, ProV1x and HX Tour 56, and no one satisfy me like the HX Tour.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

All for the Pro V1's, but I also like Wilson Staff tx4's for $30 a dozen new, just not as much feel with the putter but still very solid.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

FYI... Golfsmith now has the practice version of the Black Max for $10.97/dozen on their web site. Free shipping if you pick it up at your local Golfsmith store.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!