IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

I am spoiled on the Pro V1X!! If money is tight or my swing is all messed up, I will sometimes use the NXT Tour.

Driver - R7 425 9.5*
3 Wood - 980 15*
Hybrid - Rescue Mid 19* & 16*
Irons - 735.CM 4-9
Wedges - 248.06, SM54.14, & SM60.08White Hot Tour #5 Ball - ProV1 XHome Course: The Island

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently play Pro V1's and B330's. I purchase them used, and I have decided to buy a few sleeves of Callaway Hot Bite's and some other mid-ranged balls.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I'm still hacking back into getting some semblance of consistency after a prolonged layoff.

I did get into a grove yesterday throughout the entire round with my irons and wedges. Everything simply fell into place. My score, 92, was not indicative of this as my woods and putter were very poorly played.

That being said, I tried a sleeve of NXT Tour balls and was highly impressed. It was very windy but my iron/wedge yardages were solid and the ball held up in wind. Very good action and green holding ability. I hit a few 3,4 and 5 irons into well bunkered small greens without fear. The ball hit and checked beautifully.

Distance on the ball was about 3 yards more than my norm for each club.

Chips and greenside soft wedges worked out very well.

I'll definetly buy some more of these balls. There was a marked improvement over my "normal" balls (Precept Laddies and Maxfli Noodles).
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

b 330 or pro v1 stop on a dime around the green

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

i can't really pin out the very difference but i play both the Black Ones and the HX tours and I play the Hx's better. It feels softer to me.

Beginner - high handicap opinion.
I use a non insert putter and have tried the following balls:

Nike SFT2 - driver & irons no problem. It felt to hard off the wedge & putter after trying some of the balls below.

Top Flight D2 feel - a little softer off the putter but still to hard.

Titleist DT So/Lo - Less spin off driver (I tend to slice sometimes) and it felt nice off the wedge and softer off the putter then the ones above.

Titleist NXT Tour - no big slice from the driver & it felt softer off wedge shots and putter then the DT SoLo.

Bridgstone E6+ - Feels close to the NXT tour but still working with it.

With that said I decided to give Lost Golf balls dot com a try. I placed an order for the following balls in AAAA quality.

12 - Prov1
24 - DT SoLo
24 - Wilson 50

I will post on the condition of the balls when they arrive.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using the Pro-V1x for years, the V1 spins way too much for me.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Pro V1x ... but my ball of choice as far as price/performance goes is the Top Flite TL Tour, just like the Pro V1x for the most part.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

just switched from the tour ix to the TP Red. We'll see how it reacts. If it doesn't work, i'm most def. going to wait for the Tour i and make that my ball until Titleist comes up with their new 4 or dare i say, 5 piece model, next year.

I voted for the Top-Flite D2 because I picked up a case of them and they're all I've really played with so far; But I got a Nike One Black from a friend, and that ball seems to really do what I want it to - when I lose all my D2s in the woods I'll definitely pick up some more Nike One Blacks.

Pro v1x - try something different - love it for a round and then the next time its just not "right" so back to the v1x I go. The only one that lasted more than a few rounds was the B330. Interesting that they won the law suit against Titleist for the patent infringement - must be something in the similarities?.....
What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been using the new TaylorMade Burner ball. I have liked it very much. I would like to try a sleeve of the Bridgestone E6+ ball to see how it compares with the TaylorMade. I was given a box of the Titleist NXT Extremes. In a head to head comparison, I prefered the TaylorMade Burner balls because they were as long or longer off the tee, seemed a bit softer around the green and cost less than the NXTs.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I got a dozen Taylor Made TP Reds as a Christmas gift and was using them for my first coule rounds. It's a nice ball and relatively long. I was struggling towards the end of my second round so I switched to the Juice ball. Everyone knows it's the arrow, not the indian. I played reasonably well the rest of the round. I lost my last Juice ball in the middle of my 3rd round so I grabbed a ProV1 and was immediately reminded about why I chose that ball in this poll. I hit it solid and the feel was great.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I'm looking to practice a LOT on my shortgame this season and was wondering what ball I should start with, the ball that is easiest to control and has the most FEEL on the green.

In your experience which ball has the best overall short game control (Spin and feel) and best feel for putting on the green?

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

Note: This thread is 5597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!