Jump to content
IGNORED

good scramble score?


Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

I don't like mulligans in any tournament, including a scramble.  I never said that event organizers need to ban them, or that I am going to boycott their tournaments.  I simply said that I am not a fan of them.  Playing a scramble makes it easy to shoot under par as it is, why do you need to add more rules to make your score lower?  That is my opinion.

I don't understand why you guys think that is such a big deal.  There is nothing wrong or idiotic about my statement even though you seem to think so.  The genius above you insinuates that I am retarded because I said I don't like mulligans.  YOU are the one who is citing golf rules and such.  All I said was that I don't like mulligans (and rules like it) and they are silly.

The few of you continue to go on and on about how me not liking mulligans is stupid, yet you insinuate that I am the one who is retarded. Pot, meet kettle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is getting to be just like the long putter & dress code threads......    Everyone has a different opinion on them and there is very little tolerance for anyone with a differing view...

Is that what irony feels like?

Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

Apparently.  I guess not liking mulligans makes me retarded in your opinion.  Such irony.

Nobody ever called you retarded for not liking mulligans.  In fact, most of the things you are accusing others of doing are things that only you have done.  You got way too worked up and defensive about people not agreeing with you and took them as personal attacks.  Maybe I missed a personal attack somewhere, but for the most part, you seem to have a tin foil hat on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Is that what irony feels like?

Like my post clearly says, you insinuated I am retarded in the above post.  There is a difference between disagreeing and being a dink.  Over and over and over round and round we go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

Like my post clearly says, you insinuated I am retarded in the above post.  There is a difference between disagreeing and being a dink.  Over and over and over round and round we go.

I reread the whole thread again and only found one post insinuating that anybody was retarded (something about being "surrounded by kids on a short bus") and it was your post.

I'll say it again ... nobody on here is getting worked up except you, and nobody is being a dick to you.  They are disagreeing with your opinion, and that is all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

Like my post clearly says, you insinuated I am retarded in the above post.  There is a difference between disagreeing and being a dink.  Over and over and over round and round we go.

Wow, man.  You are the only one here that is questioning other people's mentality and getting overly worked up about it...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

I can't stand all this talk about buying mulligans and whatever stupid rules you guys are talking about.  Just play by the damn rules.  A scramble is easy enough as it is without having to add a bunch of CRAP!

This is the post of mine that created a sh*t storm with you guys.

Take a close look at it.

It was not directed at any of you, and there was nothing rude or controversial about it.  It was three short sentences about how I don't like some of the stupid rules that people come up with.  If you disagree, and you like these rules, great.  No need to continuously site your resources in an attempt to prove that I am somehow wrong by not liking certain rules.  There is no right or wrong here, it's an opinion about something very small and stupid.  You are intentionally being pricks and continuing this pointless argument for no reason.  Seriously, just piss off.

I apologize that this post offended you all so very much.  Next time I will think about my post before I hit the submit button.  I now realize that mulligans are a sensitive subject for you.  Please accept my sincere apology.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I reread the whole thread again and only found one post insinuating that anybody was retarded (something about being "surrounded by kids on a short bus") and it was your post.

I'll say it again ... nobody on here is getting worked up except you, and nobody is being a dick to you.  They are disagreeing with your opinion, and that is all.

I never said I didn't call you all retards.  You keep putting words in my mouth.  Yes, I think you guys are retarded, that's why I said that in plain text.  I never said otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
Originally Posted by Sandy Trap

Grab a bat.

Sandy, I think people would have dropped it a long time ago if you hadn't kept acting out. And you did, and nobody's been rude to you, while you've continued to post. I really feel like it snowballed - you perceived something, and then every post after that just built upon it, when really there was nothing there to begin with.

In certain scrambles, mulligans ARE allowed within the rules. Do you take a free drop off a cart path? Yes, because it's allowed in the rules.  People who take mulligans in scrambles when they're allowed are not cheating.

People will drop it if you will. Try 'em. Stop posting so much yourself and give it a chance to die down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No one ever told me what a "blind bogey" is, I played in one of these things and eagled that hole with just my shots even and thought I did something really good to help my team but it turned out being bad according to someone at this event.

I may be wrong but I think the fact that these scrambles call themselves "tournaments" probably gets under the skin of some people because of some of these creative rules they come up with. I guess it's a way of letting the people who cheat at these events have a way of legitimately pay for the cheating in advance so that makes it okay lol.

I just don't see why four players need mulligans to be competitive, but whatever it's for charity and not bragging rights....right?

What the hell is string?????

Taking a drop from the fringe to the putting surface??? I have heard it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by onesome

No one ever told me what a "blind bogey" is, I played in one of these things and eagled that hole with just my shots even and thought I did something really good to help my team but it turned out being bad according to someone at this event.

I may be wrong but I think the fact that these scrambles call themselves "tournaments" probably gets under the skin of some people because of some of these creative rules they come up with. I guess it's a way of letting the people who cheat at these events have a way of legitimately pay for the cheating in advance so that makes it okay lol.

I just don't see why four players need mulligans to be competitive, but whatever it's for charity and not bragging rights....right?

What the hell is string?????

Taking a drop from the fringe to the putting surface??? I have heard it all.

You say LOL, but I think there is probably a lot of truth to that.  Even if cheating wasn't the reason why they first came up with all of the extras you can buy - more like just thinking of other ways to raise more money for the charity - that at least makes losing to a 55 or whatever easy to stomach ... because you know its going to happen, and its not cheating since they paid for it.  (That last part sounds like an unfaithful husband justifying sex with a prostitute, but I digress)

What exactly is a "blind bogey?"  I've never heard that term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by onesome

No one ever told me what a "blind bogey" is, I played in one of these things and eagled that hole with just my shots even and thought I did something really good to help my team but it turned out being bad according to someone at this event.

I may be wrong but I think the fact that these scrambles call themselves "tournaments" probably gets under the skin of some people because of some of these creative rules they come up with. I guess it's a way of letting the people who cheat at these events have a way of legitimately pay for the cheating in advance so that makes it okay lol.

I just don't see why four players need mulligans to be competitive, but whatever it's for charity and not bragging rights....right?

What the hell is string?????

Taking a drop from the fringe to the putting surface??? I have heard it all.

String is where you get a length of string at the beginning of the round and you can move you ball by any length you have on the string, but have to cut the length you use off so each time it is shorter. Say you are putting and miss by a foot. You can cut a foot off your length and now your ball is in the cup. Once you are out of string you can't move it anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by dlance

String is where you get a length of string at the beginning of the round and you can move you ball by any length you have on the string, but have to cut the length you use off so each time it is shorter. Say you are putting and miss by a foot. You can cut a foot off your length and now your ball is in the cup. Once you are out of string you can't move it anymore.

What will they think of next?

Oh I know "bumpers", just like they use for little kids at the bowling alley so the ball wont go in the gutter only this time it will funnell the ball to the hole...now that's genius.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of it is part of the fun factor too. The more unconventional the rules the looser it feels. I've never been to a scramble where the alcohol didn't flow freely. The laughing and goofing around that goes on is appealing to a lot of people. It's really tough for me to take a scramble seriously. Some are more about playing than others but the fundraising events are typically more of a party/social event than anything.

At the industry specific scrambles I do more talking than golfing, hand out lots of biz cards etc. Being in the same place for 5 hours with people that can impact your bottom line is a good thing. The bond of sharing a few hours out on the course laughing at each others bad shots, cheering the odd long putt and sharing some cold brews can be a worthwhile experience. People remember that stuff when the day is over. They don't care the score and how they got there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Some of it is part of the fun factor too. The more unconventional the rules the looser it feels. I've never been to a scramble where the alcohol didn't flow freely. The laughing and goofing around that goes on is appealing to a lot of people. It's really tough for me to take a scramble seriously. Some are more about playing than others but the fundraising events are typically more of a party/social event than anything.

At the industry specific scrambles I do more talking than golfing, hand out lots of biz cards etc. Being in the same place for 5 hours with people that can impact your bottom line is a good thing. The bond of sharing a few hours out on the course laughing at each others bad shots, cheering the odd long putt and sharing some cold brews can be a worthwhile experience. People remember that stuff when the day is over. They don't care the score and how they got there.

I played in a Tuesday morning scramble a few times last year with some older gentlemen, typically in their 50's and 60's and I was easily the youngest guy by 25 years. They were cool as hell though and would laugh, or join me, when I'd get a beer and a hot dog for breakfast at 9AM. I worked third-shift at that time though, and anyone who does that knows that a beer at 6 AM is no different than a typical after-work cocktail at 6PM for most of the country.

This was just a simple 4 man blind-draw scramble that we played for skins and CTPs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a 2x a week tournament at my friends bar that has 4 Full Swing Golf Sims.   It is a 2 person team true scramble stroke usually with 5 teams and I would say the average winning score is -5.

It is a Indoor Sim, but we make up for it by drinking a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

most scrambles are filled with cheatrers...........10-12 under is good.

I really like this comment cause I just played in a scramble this weekend and the top 3 teams finished with 49, 50 and 51!!  Now for all wondering; yes, this is for a full 18 hole round.  I personally don't see how this is possible unless all four golfer are pros but that is just my two cents and felt like venting a little.  This course was also Red Rock which happens to be the #1 ranked course in South Dakota with many blind shots and elevations changes.  Not an easy course for the average golfer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • And almost as if Florida is trying to double down on it, -->   Being a resident of SW Missouri, I guess I shouldn't throw stones.  It's almost like they're having a competition, except they've forgotten that LSW.
    • Day 1: Starting over because I keep forgetting to post. More chipping/pitching COVID-19 drills with new wedges. Then downswing priority piece work with 7-iron. 
    • My usual dbl bogie- bogie- bogie start till the back let me swing. Settled in and was 4 over at the turn after an additional bogie nullified by a bird.  Was even on the back till we hit a log jam on the tee of 15. lost concentration and bogied in. 80.  I would like to add, I wasn't having a particularly  good ball striking day. I could have easily shot a lot worse, but the forgiveness of the T300s and a good day with the flat stick kept me out of the mid 80s.  
    • Day 157.  I spent ten minutes hitting balls with my 6-iron indoors.  I'll be playing tomorrow, and I would have liked to get out to practice chipping and putting on a real green, but it wasn't in the cards for today's plans.  I am glad I at least got some practice in, though.  Hmm... I see Boogie did Superspeed.  I'm not sure why I put mine away a few months ago, but I need to get them back out and get back to it.
    • Day 35 (31 Jul 21) - easy day of working on trial arm position thru the swing.  I tend to under rotate (hips stop, arms try to carry the load), this drill forces the hips to keep going, taking the trunk with it.  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Architex
      Architex
      (51 years old)
    2. cygnusjen
      cygnusjen
      (48 years old)
    3. Garbz3
      Garbz3
      (72 years old)
    4. Joefree
      Joefree
      (38 years old)
    5. KurtActual
      KurtActual
      (36 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...