IGNORED

Are you stuck on a glove?

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only glove that feels right on my hand is the Callaway Warbird. I was lucky enough to fine 2 glove packs on sale at walmart this morning, so I bought out their 16 XL Left hand warbirds, 7.99  (good thing I didn't pay $8, huh?) for two, which is a fantastic deal.

I have tried Footjoys, Nikes, TM, G FORE, Titleist, Loudmouth, and Wilson Staff. Of those, if I had no choice but switch, I would go with the Titleist Players Flex glove or the Nike Durafeel but imo, none of them come close to the Warbird in feel and comfort.

I do have a very nice Puma that is still in the package, so maybe that will be good, but I doubt it will surpass the warbird for me.

So what glove/gloves do you play? Are you stuck on one? Or do you just buy whatever?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

No glove no love...I have been gloveless since '92.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

This year I've been using the Titleist Players and Flex gloves. Love them both.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I use the Mizuno.  It seems a better quality leather, and more of it.  My regular FootJoy or Titleist gloves seem to wear out and lose their elasticity after a few rounds, but the Mizuno glove does not.  My hand sweats quite a bit when I play, and it dries the gloves out to the point where I can no longer grip the club comfortably.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

No glove no love...I have been gloveless since '92.

Same for me, if Freddie can go gloveless, so can I......(and it's just one less thing I spend money on)

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Originally Posted by ApocG10

The only glove that feels right on my hand is the Callaway Warbird. I was lucky enough to fine 2 glove packs on sale at walmart this morning, so I bought out their 16 XL Left hand warbirds, 7.99  (good thing I didn't pay $8, huh?) for two, which is a fantastic deal.

I have tried Footjoys, Nikes, TM, G FORE, Titleist, Loudmouth, and Wilson Staff. Of those, if I had no choice but switch, I would go with the Titleist Players Flex glove or the Nike Durafeel but imo, none of them come close to the Warbird in feel and comfort.

I do have a very nice Puma that is still in the package, so maybe that will be good, but I doubt it will surpass the warbird for me.

So what glove/gloves do you play? Are you stuck on one? Or do you just buy whatever?

really? the new warbirds feel stiff as can be to me.i wear a medium large and i could barely close my hand with that stupid glove on. yes u have to give them time to break in but no thanks. tried on the TM R11 and it "fit like a glove" . i like the older warbirds from a few years ago

For many years now, I've used Master Grip's Dynagrip Elite glove.  It was used by Hale Irwin winning the open in about '90. It's a very thin, soft cabretta leather, with no "button" ball marker, and has elastic across the knuckles. For 13.95, you get two gloves. Lasts me many rounds.  They were out of my size last time I ordered, so I got the 11.95 Dynagrip ones - they are crap.  They also have a Techgrip for 13.95 (for 2), which are OK, but I think the Elite is more comfortable.

I love to hate this game!

I used Footjoy Stasofs forever. Recently they seem to have changed. Fit and feel just don't seem to be what they always were. Maybe my imagination, but I've switched to Titleist Players and like them a lot...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im stuck on the Mizuno Retroflex.  For me they just fit my hand so well, have great grip and last a long, long time.  Ive tried other gloves, even other Mizuno gloves but I always come back to the Retroflex.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by David in FL

I used Footjoy Stasofs forever. Recently they seem to have changed. Fit and feel just don't seem to be what they always were. Maybe my imagination, but I've switched to Titleist Players and like them a lot...

I completely understand. Just recently I've noticed they don't fit the same across the thumb.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

The Titleist Players Glove is extremely durable and resistant to hardening...

It's pricey but it stands the test of time, worth the investment IMO.

Driver:  titleist.gif 910D2 (9.5*)

Fairway: taylormade.gifRocketballz 3W (15*)

Hybrid:  adams.gifV-Tech 3 (19*)

Irons: titleist.gifAP-1 (4-PW)

Sand Wedge:  titleist.gifVokey SM4 (56*, 14 bounce)

Lob Wedge: titleist.gif Vokey SM (60*, 7 bounce)

Putter:   odyssey.gif White Ice #1 (35 in.)

Ball: taylormade.gif Penta TP5

Bag: titleist.gifDeluxe Stand

• Administrator

Here's a picture of the glove I use:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love the Callaway Warbirds. They feel great wrapped around a club handle and they also fit my hand perfectly. Usually a glove always has a finger or two that doesn't quite match up with the actual lengths of my fingers, but this glove gives meaning to the expression "fits like a glove". I love it. I think it's either the only (or one of the few) reviews I've written here with a full 5 stars. And at $15 for a 2-pack, it's a good deal.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by iacas

Here's a picture of the glove I use:

Well played haha.

I keep trying to play without my glove but it just feels weird swinging without it now.  I think it does help with my grip when it is really humid out but otherwise I don't think there is much benefit.

I have been using the Footjoy weathersoft gloves for a while now, they are my favorite.

I too, have been playing with the Wardbird glove for quite some time now.

It's cheap, light, durable, and breathes well.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I prefer to use two gloves and like Tommy Gainey I don't take the gloves off to chip or putt. I just got into that mode and it feels right for me. BTW: I have also seen Bill Murray wearing two gloves (Spakler Style!!).

I have tried numerous gloves over the years. I really like the Callaway SPANN-X gloves - they  have the Tour Authentic with same SPANN-X now. I gravitate back to FootJoy WeatherSof, but I recently tried the TopFlite Feel gloves because they were much, much cheaper at BudgetGolf. The result so far is great. The TF feels good, nice and snug and grips really well. As far as durability, I have not had any issues so far (10 rounds), but will have to wait until more usage. I also rotate sets of gloves throughout the round because (especially in the summer heat) I sweat quite a bit and my gloves do get wet.

Happy Golfing,

George

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

I use the Footjoy gloves, I have used the Callaway Warbird before, but it ripped so back to FJ for me.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

I have been using the Nike Dry Fit Tours for the last few seasons.  They breath really well and keep my hands cool, the leather is solf and they last a really long time.

Note: This thread is 4198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!