IGNORED

Golf Accessories

Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I inherited knick knacks from my father. He was a sucker for anything. Things I use from him, cart clip deal that holds my cigar, retractable club brush that I can keep in my pocket and a switch blade style ball Mark repair tool which I love.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

Yes Dirtcheap! That is the very one I have on my bag!  LOL

I had the same one for years. Golf was expensive back then because I would end up giving a stogie to everyone in my foursome, plus usually an odd one to a guy I nearly hit with a ball as a peace offering. :-)

Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Wisconsin Trip Composite Course Hole #1 - Sand Valley  This was the best starting hole of the four courses. SV #1 is a drivable par 4 for some, but one were driver can give you an easy pitch or a putt for eagle, but also put you in a really nasty spot. A 3-wood off the tee leaves you with a difficult 2nd short shot to the green due to the green complex. I really like this hole.  Hole #2 - Mammoth Dunes A solid par 4 with a wide landing area off the tee, but a bunker in the fairway to challenge the direct angle to the green. I think LLB #2 is just a bad hole. Sand Valley #2 is just not enjoyable because of how penalizing it is to miss the green anywhere but short.  Hole #3 - Sand Valley I like this par 3, it has a lot of variety in pin positions. If the pin is left, you can challenge it or end up in a very nasty lie left or bail out right. This was close with MD #3, a good par 5 where you can challenge the hole on the left to cut some distance off your 2nd shot.  Hole #4 - Sand Valley An OK par 5, but its really that the other holes were not as strong as this one. They were all par 3's, but non of them were all that interesting.  Hole #5 - Sand Valley This is a really good downhill par 3. It's not a long par 3, and the green his huge, but with a lot of contour. The wind can swirl a bit making the shot selection difficult. I like the view and challenge of this par 3. Hole #6 - Lawsonia  A nice long par 4 with a difficult 2nd down hill, to a green with a false front. I like this hole, a solid straight forward par 4. I think if the tees at Sand Valley allowed you to see the entire fairway to the left, it would take this spot.  Hole #7 - Sand Valley This might be a controversial pick for some, but I liked this par 5. You do have to check the yardages, but you either challenge the hole with a driver, and have a view of the green where you can challenge carrying the long bunker, or you can lay back off the tee and then play out to the right for your 2nd shot. It is a hole that you need to play once to realize how far right you can go.  Hole #8 - Sand Valley  A par 3 up the hill, that is protected left and short. The green has some big contours. It's a nice difficult short par 3.  Hole #9 - Lawsonia  This is a nice par 5, where you actually get to see the hole from the tee box. You have to challenge the hole on the right to have a shot of getting near the green in two, but with it being a dog leg right, there is plenty of landing area off the tee.  Hole #10 - Mammoth Dunes This was a tough decision between MD and SV. I went with MD because I liked the challenge of this short par 4 that has a tricky 2nd shot to the green. You can challenge the green off the tee, but you will be left with a tough short game shot. If you lay back, then the approach shot is also difficult. SV is a good par 5 that is reachable in two, but for me the drive is not interesting. Honestly, this is close to a toss up for me.  Hole #11 - Lawsonia This is just a solid par 5. With a good tee shot, you have a great chance at going at this green in two, which is large, but protected by three bunkers.  Hole #12 - Sand Valley I really like this par 5. It's a split fairway par 5, where the landing area for most will be a wide area. You just have to miss the two trees that split the fairway. The fairway to the left is elevated giving you a great look of the hole. If you have the distance, you can challenge the gap between the two bunkers that constrict the fairway where they meet up. There is a nice bank to the left of the green that funnels shots back to the green.  Hole #13 - Lawsonia I like this par 5 because if you hit a great 2nd shot you can reach the green in two, or come up just short for an easy pitch. If you miss hit the 2nd shot you will hit a big bank and funnel back down into a small valley about 80-120 yards short of the green. Then you will have a tricky 3rd shot. A good challenging longer par 5.  Hole #14 - Mammoth Dunes This is a good short par 4, with a good drive you can challenge the front of the green. The bunker blocks the line to the green and forces a good strike. You can lay up short left which leaves you with a more blind shot to the green, but a flat lie. You can lay up right, have a clear look at the green, but maybe get a more challenging lie for your 2nd shot. The green is large, with a slight backstop to the left to catch errant shots.   Hole #15 - Lawsonia I like this par 4, it requires a good drive to have a short iron into a small green that is tucked back to the right. It is a good mix of hitting a good line off the tee to get a good angle to a smaller green. A nice challenging shorter par 4.  Hole #16 - Sand Valley I really like this par 4. The bunker challenges you off the tee to hit a great shot to have a mid iron into the green. If you clear the bunker, there is a big slope the rewards you with extra yardage. You have a line left of the bunker that is super aggressive. You can lay back right, but have a long iron into the green. The green is pretty large with bail out areas left and slightly long left. A bunker protects the front right. Any shot that ends up short is a very tricky pitch shot. Just a really challenging, and rewarding par 4.  Hole #17 - Mammoth  Mostly, I went with Mammoth because it was a par 4, and it was the better par 4 over Lawsonia. This was probably the weakest collection of holes over the four courses. SV par 3 was interesting at first, but I wish you could see the green. LLB par 3 is just a generic mid range par 3.  Hole #18 - Sand Valley If it wasn't for SV having one of the best finishing holes I've played in a long time, this would be extremely hard to pick. At SV, the finishing hole is a visually stunning par 5 up the hill. You have to navigate bunkers in the middle of the fairway, and bunkers that encroach on the right and left side. You can lay back to a wider landing area, or hit driver to make this a reachable par 5. The 2nd shot is tricky with a boomerang shaped green that lets you funnel a cut off some slopes. Right is a very difficult bunker shot. Just enough risk to make you think about going for it in two. Just a fantastic finishing hole.  Sand Valley - 9, Mammoth - 4, Lawsonia - 5, LLB - 0 Overall, Sand Valley took half of the holes for me. Lawsonia came in 2nd, but because the last 10 golf holes are very strong contenders. LLB didn't get picked, mostly because a lot of their holes were just OK to golf, but their very good holes got out shined by the other courses.   
    • Day 281: Played 18 this morning. Driver, for the most part, was excellent. Made a slight change in my backswing that we worked on in Erie with the head less out at A2. Combined it with the long, slow high feel.   Wedges were coming out low, so I went to the range after to work on that. 
    • Yeah…but that’s what he wants! Lol. He mentions slicing the ball outta the range but somehow thinks that will translate to getting someone to rotate through to get that face square. I didn’t re-watch in slow motion but I’d bet he’s not even doing what the thinks he’s doing.
    • Another 75 today. I've been playing my best golf ever my last 4 rounds I've gone +3, +4, +3, +3. It has been a consistent flow of the rounds though. I get off to a bad first 3-4 holes and wind up a few over par, get super hot make a bunch of birdies and fight back to even par or better, then the last few holes I fall apart. Just need to clean some stuff up, hit more fairways, make a few more par saving putts and I'm right there. One of my goals for the year was to have an under par round I think it's just a matter of time I need to just keep pushing. The putting work I've been doing recently has definitely helped a ton not that long ago my career high was 3 birdies but the last 4 rounds I've had 5 in two, 4 in another, and 2 in the last so that is confidence inspiring. 
    • “Our range closes early on Sunday to do a “clean pick”, and reopens at 11:30 on Monday. It is mowed early Monday. The course is closed until noon on Monday’s.”   Yeah, it sounds like your course at least considers golfers who are playing, i.e., if the “early” closing on Sunday is at 4 or 5, not many still trying to squeeze in a round would be disadvantaged. And then reopening the range at 11:30 on Monday, when the course itself doesn’t reopen until noon, likewise shows consideration.   Agreed, closing the range on Monday or Tuesday morning (especially with a posted reopening time) makes way more sense (to me anyway) than closing at 3 on Sunday.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. ercxi
      ercxi
      (33 years old)
    2. Garea51
      Garea51
      (70 years old)
    3. iamwardicus
      iamwardicus
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...