IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Which is ironic because if someone were to admit they'd be even more likely to be called a liar, even though many [former] professionals are in the booth or elsewhere because they can no longer chip or putt well.

That's probably a lot different.  Those pros went from a +5 to a +2 or something I'm guessing?  Some of the long drivers have their lack of chipping/putting adding 15+ strokes to their handicap.  That's the hard part to believe.  While I don't think it's as simplified as some would make it, I DO think there is a correlation between handicap and driver-length-limits at the higher handicap thresholds.

Actually is it so different. I can name a couple pros who had trouble breaking 80 even though their ball striking was apparently out of this world. One of them had his swing posted on this forum more than once.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Actually is it so different. I can name a couple pros who had trouble breaking 80 even though their ball striking was apparently out of this world. One of them had his swing posted on this forum more than once.

If that's the case, then you'd probably know better than me so you may be right.  Although it's probably worth noting that they were, at some point, + handcaps, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by ApocG10

You don't seem to understand that Bubba does not need a long drive driver to hit 400. He does it with a regular, 46" shaft G20. Shots with a shaft over the legal limit dont count or matter to anyone here.

You do know that LD drivers are made within USGA standards?

And this proves my point even more.  Someone said I couldn't and compared me to Bubba.  I said I'm not even close to Bubba at 350.  Again, my point exactly. So they do "count" since my driver is USGA legal and if it doesn't matter, why are you reading a long drive thread?

Originally Posted by ApocG10

You dont seem to understand that we dont give a shit what you can do with a LD driver. We want to see you hit 300 with a regular one.

Most of us here are golfers, not LD competitors. We dont care what you can do with an illegal club. But you cant seem to get that through your thick skull.

Sorry, replying to post one by one here.

1)  I posted a video with my 45" shaft REGULAR driver in the thread already people. For real flame without reading the thread?

2) The club is USGA legal.  Does anyone here know anything about LD stuff?

3) Ill say again, LD thread. Don't like long drives? Don't read a thread with the words "300+" in the TITLE.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Personally, I won't make a distinction between 320 and 340, or whatever.  I do agree with Apoc though, post your distance with the regular driver.  If it's 300 or 320, etc, I don't really care.  Those are both pretty freakin far.

It is in the video i posted in the thread a few pages back.  Regular TM Burner 2.0.  318 or something.   And it wasn't even a great hit, I had 5 mins to throw a vid together at the end of a game because my wife was wanting to go.

Give me an hour of hitting and editing and I can show you one close to 340 with my regular driver.

Ok, now went to the thread and responded to haters, ill put my post for the night up.

I don't know where all the LD hate is coming from, but there is a ton of it here to be a long drive thread.

Before you flame please check out the video, no trick or whatever, I just get up, hit a few balls and show you at the end. I think i got ball speed up to 187 or something. That was with 5 swings after a ton of golf that day.

I also hit my Rescue club 290 or something by request. 18* club.  Same deal, got up and hit a few balls after a day of golf.

Its not like i'm a 44 handicap and smash the ball.  I play average golf with my rounds the last month sitting in the mid 80s pretty regular. I don't even hit driver that much on the course since i can hit a 4i 230-250 yds, and most holes just won't let you hit a bomb.

I can chip well, and ive already said weakest point in my game is my mid irons and approach shots. My chipping around the greens is actually really good, but my putting is still needing some work. So where all this "bet you suck at chipping" stuff comes from I have no idea. Someone already pointed out my flaw in my handicap, and i agree, but probably won't change how i do it just because im never going to be pro, and it doesn't matter as long as i take my friends money on the weekends. BUT you have a good point. I would probably average another stroke a round doing 100% to the max right.

As for LD clubs not being USGA standard, I use a 48" shaft on a 7* Geek head rated at 312 on the frequency machine and the stiffest flex avaliable at the time.  That is 100% USGA legal, Am i missing something here?

Ive already posted a video with proof, gave a detailed breakdown of my equipment, and showed shots of ball speed.  Don't know what other proof i can give unless someone wants to come watch me swing a club.

I guess some people just can't belive that certain people have the ability to hit a very long ball without being a pro golfer and nothing I do or say short of driving to their house, picking them up, and taking them to the course will make them think otherwise.

On a side note,  We did a 4 man scramble with 16 people today.  Random draw for 4 captians and I didn't get one, but guess who was picked first  :P   the guy with the super long ball.  We crushed everyone with -13.   I got to lay into every drive and it was very fun.

We played a course (Sim) called Troon North.  And it was a very good course for a long baller.  We had 6 eagle putts today.  2 were from me hitting the green on the two short par 4s of the course.   one 328 other was 303.     I over hit the 303 and rolled up to 37 feet on the 328.   Was a fun night.

So, Let the flaming continue, Ill check the thread tomorrow to get and update on all the hate.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Darksun22

On a side note,  We did a 4 man scramble with 16 people today.  Random draw for 4 captians and I didn't get one, but guess who was picked first  :P   the guy with the super long ball.  We crushed everyone with -13.   I got to lay into every drive and it was very fun.

We played a course (Sim) called Troon North.  And it was a very good course for a long baller.  We had 6 eagle putts today.  2 were from me hitting the green on the two short par 4s of the course.   one 328 other was 303.     I over hit the 303 and rolled up to 37 feet on the 328.   Was a fun night.

So, Let the flaming continue, Ill check the thread tomorrow to get and update on all the hate.

I think that you are the first person I've come across who posts about playing on a simulator as if he's actually playing golf.  I mean.... Really??

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anyone remember the episode on the Golf Channel's "Playing Lessons" where they had the two long drive champions?  They hit it really long on every drive , then proceeded to hit their approach shots to 30-40 feet, never coming close to birdie. Not much to be learned there.

Originally Posted by Darksun22

I played a course (Nintendo Wii) called Augusta National.  It was a very good course for me as well.  I think I finished at 13 under par with a putt at eagle on every par 5.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I think that you are the first person I've come across who posts about playing on a simulator as if he's actually playing golf.  I mean.... Really??

A scramble at that.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

A scramble at that.

Why hasn't anyone called this guy out to prove his lofty assertions on a trackman? It got rid of the OP. Sim golf . About a month ago me and my partner got paired with a young guy who swinged the club like he was trying to kill a bear and he insisted we play from the tips, my home course tips rates 74.5 slope 142 plus the wind was up as usual in the afternoon.I think he came in at about 130+ when it was all said and done with at least a dozen lost balls.

Originally Posted by onesome

Why hasn't anyone called this guy out to prove his lofty assertions on a trackman? It got rid of the OP. Sim golf . About a month ago me and my partner got paired with a young guy who swinged the club like he was trying to kill a bear and he insisted we play from the tips, my home course tips rates 74.5 slope 142 plus the wind was up as usual in the afternoon.I think he came in at about 130+ when it was all said and done with at least a dozen lost balls.

Unlike the OP the new big hitter can actually swing and has played golf for a while and has a decent handicap, I think he said he was on his high school or college team. I don't doubt that he hits it far. But yeah I don't care what he does at the sim. I don't care what he does on the course. I'm less impressed by his driving boasts than I am his 290y hybrid. That would be a bit hit.

Dave :-)

I say the OP has more "class" than Darksun22...

1. OP started his own thread instead of Darksun22 hijacking OP's thread.

2. OP posted good lighting swing videos outside with down the line views and face on views.  Where is Darksun22's face on view swing videos??

3. Sim is just not the real thing! Period!

4. A less than $100 camera will do good on filming down the line view and face on view swings and Darkson22 is not doing that!!

5. How the hell is the Sim handle all the different lies, grass, peripheral vision, sun directions etc. conditions?

here the things.. it comes off as your bragging... you shouldn't care about telling people about this...I drove a par 4 last week.. i didn't tell every one.. cause i only got a par out of it..LOL

You don't need to come on these places and tell every one what you have done...it make you look arrogant

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1

If you start a thread to get stroked you have to expect some of the backlash that comes along with the accolades.....

Didnt start the thread.  I posted a response to the OP that was constructive, but at the same time doubting his ability. I was asked for proof that I could do it myself, so I made a video proving it.

Then the flaming started. Go back and look at my first post, I was talking to the OP and even telling him distance does not even matter really.

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Agreed. The only celebrity I can think of that has even tried was Jerry Rice - he used to talk about hoping to someday play in the Champions tour - got sponsor exemptions for a couple Nationwide events - missed the cut in the first one shooting one stroke better than last place - got DQd in the next for his caddy using a rangefinder, but not before setting the record for worst round in the event's 18 year history. Gave it up after that. Not meaning to bag on Rice, just saying he thought he had game and was rudely awakened. I do agree that a lot of pro athletes in other sports are great golfers, notably many in baseball and hockey.

Just saw that Yevgeny Kafelnikov was playing in this week's Euro Tour event (Austrian Open).  A former world No. 1 in Tennis who won 2 grand slam tournaments.  (Incidentally, according to his wiki page, he is also a talented poker player, having cashed 3 times in the 2005 World Series of Poker.  He played in a couple of Euro events in 05 and 08, finishing dead last in both, so it sounds similar to Jerry Rice.

But he shot a +3 today and is "only" 103rd or so out of about 145 players after one round.

That's kind of impressive.

Note: This thread is 4214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!