IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I played a course (Nintendo Wii) called Augusta National.  It was a very good course for me as well.  I think I finished at 13 under par with a putt at eagle on every par 5.

OK, really.  Ps3, Wii, and Xbox is nothing like a state of the art sim.  Ill admit that my handicap on the sim is around 8 and on the course its just under 15 now. You always have a perfect hitting area and inside 6 foot is a gimmie, but you still have to make solid ball contact, hit good shots, hit the right distances and what not.

Local pros come to the sims all the time to play, and always comment on the accuracy of the machines.

I have already admitted the sim is easier in terms of scoring that the real course.  The distance, Ball speed, Launch angle, is all accurate.  You can set conditions like wind but we never play with wind.

You have 5 different hitting surfaces.  Fairway (Flat mat),  Rough (Medium length "grass" mat), Deep rough  2-3 inch thick "grass" mat, Sand, (kind of the same as deep rough) and fringe (kind of same as rough).

I

Originally Posted by Anjew

I can drive my Honda Civic 140 mph, and I can prove it in Gran Turismo, which is a real driving simulator.

Still not even close to the same thing and you know it.  Now if you played Grand Turismo in your real car hooked on a dyno with G sensors and accurate laser guidance systems to detect every slight movement that simulated real driving G forces and lateral G traction and accelerations plus gave you the feeling of G Force on your body through some type of machine, Then I would say ok.... same difference.  Its like saying playing tiger woods is the same as the sim,  that is just 100% stupid and ill informed.

Funny thing is tho. I do it in real life every time im on the course / range.  But i don't think an Iphone video of the range will help. How the hell would you see the ball.

Trackman is ....wait for it.... a machine that uses lasers to detect all motions of the swing and ball.....   a golf sim is........ the same thing.  So Trackman = Sim?

Ill try to make a range video... quality will be gay but w/e....

That's good enough for me - awesome!!!

Originally Posted by Anjew

I can drive my Honda Civic 140 mph, and I can prove it in Gran Turismo, which is a real driving simulator.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Darksun22

Trackman is ....wait for it.... a machine that uses lasers to detect all motions of the swing and ball.....   a golf sim is........ the same thing.  So Trackman = Sim?

Ill try to make a range video... quality will be gay but w/e....

I have no problem with you judging your swing speed and potential distances on a sim.  I think it's the scramble score that you posted that makes it a bit ridiculous.  That's not golf.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you're getting such a hard time in this thread other than you seem to be a bit cocky and braggadocious with your claims.  It's whatever to me.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1

If you start a thread to get stroked you have to expect some of the backlash that comes along with the accolades.....

Didnt start the thread.  I posted a response to the OP that was constructive, but at the same time doubting his ability. I was asked for proof that I could do it myself, so I made a video proving it.

Then the flaming started. Go back and look at my first post, I was talking to the OP and even telling him distance does not even matter really.

Sorry Darksun22, my post was direct to Jimbo Slice the originator of the thread. Oh, congrats on being the Golden Tee Champion on the World. Sounds cool.

Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1 Sorry Darksun22, my post was direct to Jimbo Slice the originator of the thread. Oh, congrats on being the Golden Tee Champion on the World. Sounds cool.

Ouch.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Does anyone remember the episode on the Golf Channel's "Playing Lessons" where they had the two long drive champions?  They hit it really long on every drive , then proceeded to hit their approach shots to 30-40 feet, never coming close to birdie. Not much to be learned there.

there putts left a little to be desired too. that's what i immediately thought of when this thread started. those guys drove it a mile, but anything after that was average at best.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

What were their handicaps?  I imagine even if I 3-putt from 40 feet on half the greens (which is 45 putts...an extremely high number), that would be +9 to par...give or take then hitting it stiff a few times and one-putting, and other times where they didn't hit the green.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What were their handicaps?  I imagine even if I 3-putt from 40 feet on half the greens (which is 45 putts...an extremely high number), that would be +9 to par...give or take then hitting it stiff a few times and one-putting, and other times where they didn't hit the green.

no clue. i have direct tv and if you go on the golf channels VOD they have a thing called playing lessons which is basically a coach/host and pro/celebrity going out on a regular course and playing. there aren't a whole lot of lessons, but it's cool to watch.

the one guy backspun a 3 iron hard enough to spin it off the front of the green.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by tiger187126

the one guy backspun a 3 iron hard enough to spin it off the front of the green.

Now that guy needs to create a thread!  Kickstarter of the Month for SURE!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I have no problem with you judging your swing speed and potential distances on a sim.  I think it's the scramble score that you posted that makes it a bit ridiculous.  That's not golf.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you're getting such a hard time in this thread other than you seem to be a bit cocky and braggadocious with your claims.  It's whatever to me.

Sorry if im coming off that way.  I was just trying to back up my claims with proof, didn't mean to come off in a bad manner.

Yea, I agree the Sim is not real golf, but it is the closest I can muster up in 102 degree heat.  And it does help my real game a lot. There is a guy in there that always shoots 2-3 under on 18 and when i play with him in real life hes a 15-17 handicap. He just has the putting down in the Sim. But either way, I want to buy one for my home.  They are really fun. I was just posing my scramble score because it was a fun thing I did and TBH i was a little under the influence last night at the time of my posting.

Anyways, I just really like long drive stuff.  Its a cool sideshow game for me and its the strongest part of my game, so when i see a long drive thread i go ahead and dive in. Seems fair to me. Im not posting this stuff on a thread titled "How does my irons look" or something.

On a side note, I was working with my coach today and he changed a few things up and i can NOT for the life of me get my clubhead speed back to par with my new grip. It is killing my distances.  With the new grip im 127ish Club head and 180-183 ball speed.  Just can't do what hes asking of me. I feel like i went back 3 months.  I'm going to say no to the grip tomorrow if thing don't improve.  On top of that im now hitting a little fade, and i never have a fade, and my backspin is up in the 4000s when it was low 3000s.

Is it worth it to stick with the new grip even if it takes a few months to get back to where i am now?

Yea, I agree the Sim is not real golf, but it is the closest I can muster up in 102 degree heat.

Is it worth it to stick with the new grip even if it takes a few months to get back to where i am now?

What's your location?

In my humble opinion, if the change can produce better long-term results, than it likely is worth it.  That of course assumes you won't be missing out on any competitions in the mean-time that are important to you.

• Administrator

I was asked for proof that I could do it myself, so I made a video proving it.

No you didn't. You posted video of you hitting a golf ball on a sim. That's not nothing, but it's closer to nothing than "proof" of anything. I asked you several times to stop posting in this thread, as it is not your thread, but now you get to sit on the sidelines and observe for a day or so.

You might very well hit the ball 350. I don't care. Aside from thinking it's amusing that you believe video of a sim is proof, I don't give your posts any merit.

The OP hasn't been on in 1 day and 13 hours: http://thesandtrap.com/u/38633/jimbo-slice . I'll send him a PM.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Trackman is a Continuous Wave Radar.  Also commonly referred to as a Doppler Radar.  It is isn't using lasers to detect motion.  It transmits high frequency signals and then measures those signals via a built in receiver.

But whatevs...

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Trackman is a Continuous Wave Radar.  Also commonly referred to as a Doppler Radar.  It is isn't using lasers to detect motion.  It transmits high frequency signals and then measures those signals via a built in receiver.

But whatevs...

Guys, please don't respond to Darkwhatever while he's sitting in the Penalty Box.

Jimbo Slice, how'd your session go? Did you visit Jeffry?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!