IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tax Man Golfeth

Well, there was this one time I hit it clean but a little right and it caught a good bounce or two or 50 on the cart path and it went a solid 925yds.  I think I shot a 14 on that hole because I had to hit it all the way back to the green.

Sorry I jumped in on this thread.  All I mean to say is that yes, a newbie golfer can hit 300yrds in the same way a 7ft tall guy can dunk in basketball and still suck at the game.  Welcome to the lucky sperm club.  Nothing about the topic justifies 35 pages of debate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Con

You must be new here.

Ah, yep.

Welcome. We totally think these things are worth 35 pages of meandering conversation.

Seriously.  I think the only way this stops is if somebody starts a new thread along the same lines to pull us away.  We're all just nosy rubber-neckers.

Why does nobody believe I average 3.00 putts per par 5 GIR?

Why does nobody believe I can hit almost 100% of my 175 yard approaches within 300 feet of the pin?

Why does nobody believe I can hop and stop my putter into the turf on a 3 foot birdie putt?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Why does nobody believe I can hit almost 100% of my 175 yard approaches within 300 feet of the pin?

I don't know about you, but the 'almost' in that sentence is what does it for me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I drive my balls 13 kilometers to and from the golf course almost daily.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

Saw Jim Thorpe do it, though.

Video? That I want to see .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

That's funny.  I bet there's not a single person who can do a single thing in golf 100% of the time.  Even pros whiff the ball sometimes, so that's out.  If even hitting the ball is less than 100%, nothing else has any hope.

The answer is to always insist on a histogram of shot distances - with a minimum of 100 shots in every plot.  For every club of course.  That will sort the wheat from the chaff.

I'll show you mine after you show me yours

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I got paired up with a guy that was probably a 20-25 handicap, well he was playing that way that particular day. As the small talk progressed he didn't give me any reason to believe he was having an off day. Anyway it was his first time at this course and he wasn't familiar with the layout. We have a 291y par 4 that most people layup to because there's a bunch of trouble, traps, a dry low area that isn't marked as a hazard but plays like one with the tall grass and other vegitation. I'm not sure how he didn't notice the yardage but after my dreadful double on the previous par 3 he had the box, pulls a driver and whacks what was far and away the best drive he hit all day. It was a pretty big hit that cleared the traps and rolled on to where the last bit of fairway resumes and had enough on it to roll on to the fringe. I told him he should be prepared to apologize to the group ahead, they had already made a few comments about how quick we were due to waiting for them on every tee. He was surprised by it but it was a legit long drive and the hole despite being short is uphill. Sure enough all three walked over and looked at his ball as they were leaving the green. But that was as good as it got for dude that day. He was all over the place.

Funny thing is the group ahead had a couple of athletic looking types and they were congratulating each other on their "bombs" but the biggest hitter of the bunch was only getting it out there in what would be 3w range for most guys and always with a big slice. They spent a lot of time in the weeds looking for balls. Which is why we caught them at every box.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

I've never missed the ball with my putter.

Originally Posted by Chas

Quote:

Quote:

Video?  That I want to see .....

It's not Jim Thorpe but I know there's video out there of a pro golfer stubbing his putter into the green while trying to tap in a 1" putt. I see it every once in a while on Golf Channel's "10 worst bloopers" or something like that.

Bill

I've missed the air before with my putter.  I'm sure others have too.  While staring at the hole and taking practice strokes, I've accidentally struck my ball twice that I can remember.

Seriously.  I think the only way this stops is if somebody starts a new thread along the same lines to pull us away.  We're all just nosy rubber-neckers.

At this point, I just like to virtually hang out with you guys in here.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

At this point, I just like to virtually hang out with you guys in here.

Me too.  This has become sort of my barometer thread.  Like, I was reading in the Dan Plan thread earlier today and thought to myself, wow, this one has been around a long time, and it has a lot of posts and pages, I wonder how it compares to Jimbo?  (I don't think it's even close - something in the 300 range)  Crazy.

Video? That I want to see .....

It was a Senior Tour event about ten years ago. I think Hale Irwin whiffed one, too, maybe in a major? Also, the Dan guy that's doing the 10,000 hour thing whiffed a two incher or something like that in his first tournament. Hell, I think I've probably whiffed a putt. I know I've whiffed a golf shot more than once, and the last time wasn't too long ago. Nothing like taking a big swipe with a lob wedge and the ball not moving.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

It was a Senior Tour event about ten years ago. I think Hale Irwin whiffed one, too, maybe in a major?

Also, the Dan guy that's doing the 10,000 hour thing whiffed a two incher or something like that in his first tournament. Hell, I think I've probably whiffed a putt. I know I've whiffed a golf shot more than once, and the last time wasn't too long ago. Nothing like taking a big swipe with a lob wedge and the ball not moving.

Sounds like Dan should have spent 50 hours practicing those 2" putts also.

MMMAAAAYYYYYBEEEE Jimbo is working on his swing speed and drive and will come back in a few weeks after a "vacation" where he forgot to update this thread but he will go to the trackman now after working on his drive for a month. That would be my bet.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

LOL.  I have to ask ... is that just a stock photo (your avatar) or do you actually own a club that stores beverages?  Cracks me up.

lol I actually do own the club. You can buy them online. One of my buddies bought me it as a joke and when he saw just how well it actually works, he bought his own and bought one for his dad and so on and so on.

It's not something that I take to nice courses, but if we're playing a cheaper public course, or if we're out in the boonies, I'll take it for laughs.

http://www.papabert.com/Kooler-Club-and-Drink-Caddy/Papa-Bert-Kooler-Klub-Golf-Club-Flask.asp

http://www.homewetbar.com/Designated-Driver-Kooler-Klub-p-562.html

Give it time, buddy.  Give it time.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Dr. Scholl's eh... i'll have to buy a can :p

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 4239 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!