IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I wouldn't come back after the childish bullying that most people on this site like to dish out.

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Hey Jimbo, Ill be in vegas this weekend if you wanna meet up message me or just email me at jimmyhocker@yahoo.com privately and we can be low key about it.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by logman

Well, I wouldn't come back after the childish bullying that most people on this site like to dish out.

Oh the poor baby.

And you too. Bullying? FFS

Someone comes on here having played the game for five minutes, comes up with a load of crap, is asked to prove it, he posts a swing that would show distances perhaps 30% less than what he is claiming, is given a very fair deal by the owner of the site and then disappears.

The thing about golf is that anyone who has played a bit knows what is and isn't possible, what matters, what doesn't  and has years of experience of hearing claims which are NEVER backed up.

Hey!!!! I only played my first round in April and I'm regualarly shooting in the 70s. I'm not quite sure how you work out a handicap, but my average score is 76. BTW, I have a big slice and would like to know if a Scotty will help my putting. I borrowed my friend's belly putter and was draining everything, but I don't like the look of them. I currently average 38 putts per round. My friend says that I could make it on tour. I'm 36, so I'll probably just wait until I'm old enough for the Champions' Tour.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hey Jimbo, Ill be in vegas this weekend if you wanna meet up message me or just email me at jimmyhocker@yahoo.com privately and we can be low key about it.

I live in Vegas and offered to meet him whenever/wherever he wanted. He said he would PM me but never did. Thing is, I wouldn't have outed him if it turned out he was exaggerating a bit, though I certainly wouldn't have lied for him.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Quote:

Yeah right.  Your bull**** allegation aside, if you could drive it 300 yards, proved that you could drive it 300, and good amount of people doubted you, you would be here to rub it in their faces.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Quote: Yeah right.  Your bull**** allegation aside, if you could drive it 300 yards, proved that you could drive it 300, and good amount of people doubted you, you would be here to rub it in their faces.

Damn straight I would. I almost posted something I did a couple of weeks ago, but I knew I'd get some heat without video. Not nearly as difficult (for me) as driving it 300, but I would have had plenty of haters. Just not worth it.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

Yeah right.  Your bull**** allegation aside, if you could drive it 300 yards, proved that you could drive it 300, and good amount of people doubted you, you would be here to rub it in their faces.

Mate, you sound like one of those fluffy little white dogs that old ladies have. YAP! YAP YAP!

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Oh the poor baby.

And you too. Bullying? FFS

Someone comes on here having played the game for five minutes, comes up with a load of crap, is asked to prove it, he posts a swing that would show distances perhaps 30% less than what he is claiming, is given a very fair deal by the owner of the site and then disappears.

The thing about golf is that anyone who has played a bit knows what is and isn't possible, what matters, what doesn't  and has years of experience of hearing claims which are NEVER backed up.

Hey!!!! I only played my first round in April and I'm regualarly shooting in the 70s. I'm not quite sure how you work out a handicap, but my average score is 76. BTW, I have a big slice and would like to know if a Scotty will help my putting. I borrowed my friend's belly putter and was draining everything, but I don't like the look of them. I currently average 38 putts per round. My friend says that I could make it on tour. I'm 36, so I'll probably just wait until I'm old enough for the Champions' Tour.

But shorty, the essence of your post in that the guy has only been in the sport for 5 minutes. The guy looks like he's got a good golf swing......great . he says he hits it 300 yards.....I doubt it .....and so do you, BUT, 32 pages of guys bashing the guy?.

Shorty, you know that there are things you learn about golf, your swing, yourself, that take time to become apparent. Things that I thought were important in the game when I was 25 aren't important at all when your 50. And it's not like you can tell people. It's like people have to discover the order of things themselves. The kid, thinks he can drive the crap out of the golf ball, yeah, sure.........next!

I say don't be too discouraging, He might not post here again, and that would be a loss to the forum in general.

• Upvote 1

I don't disagree with what you wrote, but you're making it sound like Jimbo made one claim and then everyone pounced and he disappeared.  I haven't gone back to re-read the 655 posts but I remember him being pretty adamant that he could drive the ball 300 yards on a fairly routine basis despite having only played the sport a few months.

He was inviting people to come play rounds with him at his expense, had Erik provide him a contact in his area that had a Trackman to prove his ability and then disappeared.   At the time of his departure from TST there were a number of people rooting for him and Erik had even admitted to making a math error and left it open that it was possible, so I wouldn't say that he was being bullied too badly at that time.

This wasn't a guy who made a sheepish claim of something he had done, he was basically taunting for responses with even the name of his thread, "Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+".

But shorty, the essence of your post in that the guy has only been in the sport for 5 minutes. The guy looks like he's got a good golf swing......great . he says he hits it 300 yards.....I doubt it .....and so do you, BUT, 32 pages of guys bashing the guy?.

Shorty, you know that there are things you learn about golf, your swing, yourself, that take time to become apparent. Things that I thought were important in the game when I was 25 aren't important at all when your 50. And it's not like you can tell people. It's like people have to discover the order of things themselves. The kid, thinks he can drive the crap out of the golf ball, yeah, sure.........next!

I say don't be too discouraging, He might not post here again, and that would be a loss to the forum in general.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mate, you sound like one of those fluffy little white dogs that old ladies have. YAP! YAP YAP!

And you sound like somebody unwilling to admit he is wrong, thus using a strawman to change the argument.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

I live in Vegas and offered to meet him whenever/wherever he wanted. He said he would PM me but never did. Thing is, I wouldn't have outed him if it turned out he was exaggerating a bit, though I certainly wouldn't have lied for him.

If he was even in the 280 range or 290 I would have given him the benefit of the doubt. I would have came on here and told everybody that I saw his drive in person and can say that it didnt touch 300 but There was definitely potential. Maybe find out what kind of shot shape it was that he did it with. If he didnt pull off the baby draw all day that he "usually" can hit 1 in 20 then maybe he did have an off day but showed some power.

anybody know his real name and check to see if he is ok. Given that he was at first so adimant to prove his point I cant imagine he is the kind of guy that would be able to sit back and just watch this thread continue and not respond. I know it would absolutely tear me up inside to watch people rip me and not respond.

It's good to see that that guys recycled his old curtains into his pants!!!

• Upvote 1

OOOH I wanna save that one for Tomorrow!

Hey guys with the new drivers of today driving 300 yards can be done by almost anyone with the muscle or swing to do so.  Doing so and having it playable is a different story. I have done so inconsistently but I play in Santa Fe 7000 feet in elevation with good wind at times. Driving 300  is not a big deal anymore. it can be done and done routinely.  Wanna impress me play a par 3 course for birdie golf from all the tee's women's and men's.  All of them then your talking.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by johnwayne

Hey guys with the new drivers of today driving 300 yards can be done by almost anyone with the muscle or swing to do so.  Doing so and having it playable is a different story. I have done so inconsistently but I play in Santa Fe 7000 feet in elevation with good wind at times. Driving 300  is not a big deal anymore. it can be done and done routinely.  Wanna impress me play a par 3 course for birdie golf from all the tee's women's and men's.  All of them then your talking.

Why... just why would you do that to yourself Mr. Wayne. You kind of stood back, read the thread, then decided... "Hmm... I need me some of that fire. I'm going to walk into it...".

How many hot objects did you touch when you were little while being told "No!"?

Originally Posted by johnwayne

Ya anything is easy if you have the ability to(see bold). If you look at his swing video you see that it doesnt look like he is all that muscley nor does he have very good technique. Obviously its much easier now adays but still not easy for most. You also stated that your conditions basically give you a 300 yard drive and that was some of the criticism with the op is that he does it in vegas where supposedly that ball goes further. Anybody hits it 300 when there is wind behind you and the entire hole is downhill. There are certain circumstances that differ from hitting a 300 yard drive and being able to hit the ball 300 in average conditions.

And playing birdie golf has probably NEVER been done. Idk for sure but I imagine its never been done unless the course was just full of reachable par 4s. On a par 3 NO WAY!

Originally Posted by Spyder

Why... just why would you do that to yourself Mr. Wayne. You kind of stood back, read the thread, then decided... "Hmm... I need me some of that fire. I'm going to walk into it...".

How many hot objects did you touch when you were little while being told "No!"?

I guess ill start.

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!