IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lots of them still do at times just cant help myself.   Still stand by what I said, Sorry for the last sentence, had been up for over 24 hours worked the overnight shift at the hospital then played from the time I got off till 7pm.   Driving 300 yards for someone young ie one of my playing partners is 22 and he can do it regularly.  I've had a couple over the short months I've been playing.   Thanks for telling me about the stove I'm out of the kitchen.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

anybody know his real name and check to see if he is ok. Given that he was at first so adimant to prove his point I cant imagine he is the kind of guy that would be able to sit back and just watch this thread continue and not respond. I know it would absolutely tear me up inside to watch people rip me and not respond.

He was active on the forum just a few weeks ago (despite not being active in this thread for a week or more before that), so I don't think this is an issue of anything too out of the ordinary.  I think the simplest answer is the likely one.

Originally Posted by johnwayne

Hey guys with the new drivers of today driving 300 yards can be done by almost anyone with the muscle or swing to do so.

No?  Yes?

Saying that almost anybody with the swing to do so can achieve 300 is like saying anybody with the game to do so can achieve an even par round.

But what it sounds like you are suggesting is that anybody young and strong can achieve 300 regularly, which is not true at all.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

Hey guys with the new drivers of today driving 300 yards can be done by almost anyone with the muscle or swing to do so.

No?  Yes?

Saying that almost anybody with the swing to do so can achieve 300 is like saying anybody with the game to do so can achieve an even par round.

But what it sounds like you are suggesting is that anybody young and strong can achieve 300 regularly, which is not true at all.

It doesn't matter how old or strong a person is. You just have to generate a lot of club head speed and apply it to the ball. He also mentions "the new drivers of today". They added 20 yards to my average drive so he's not wrong there.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Lots of them still do at times just cant help myself.   Still stand by what I said, Sorry for the last sentence, had been up for over 24 hours worked the overnight shift at the hospital then played from the time I got off till 7pm.   Driving 300 yards for someone young ie one of my playing partners is 22 and he can do it regularly.  I've had a couple over the short months I've been playing.   Thanks for telling me about the stove I'm out of the kitchen.

Haha. Hey I'm right there with you too sometimes. Just a friendly heads up... threads like this are a hornet's nest.

I can't even get past your profile's picture without laughing... so that alone is a +1 to you

What I found to be most humorous was one of his last videos if you noticed, he would take a swing and there would be 7 golf balls lying on the ground next to him and then none and then from another angle you could see the bucket 3/4 full then 1/2 then 1/4.I think there should be some no editting rules in place when someone makes big assertions like he did.Yeah Eric did make an error in his math but despite that he also was very generous with all his other numbers in trying to figure his swing speed. I was hitting my driver the other day while being monitored and the highest I reached was 104 and made good square contact with low spin and only got 260 yards of carry so even if he reached 110 he still has to hit it damn good with none of his slice.

Hey guys with the new drivers of today driving 300 yards can be done by almost anyone with the muscle or swing to do so.  Doing so and having it playable is a different story. I have done so inconsistently but I play in Santa Fe 7000 feet in elevation with good wind at times. Driving 300  is not a big deal anymore. it can be done and done routinely.  Wanna impress me play a par 3 course for birdie golf from all the tee's women's and men's.  All of them then your talking.

With these three conditions... I'm sure I could drive it 300 as well.

While we're at it... I'm sure I could 'run' faster than 32mph (fastest on record) if I was in a vehicle traveling at 55mph and jumped out onto the pavement.  It may only be for a step or two (likely a step).  But I could run faster than the world record of 32mph. Right?

Get my point?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

With these three conditions... I'm sure I could drive it 300 as well.

While we're at it... I'm sure I could 'run' faster than 32mph (fastest on record) if I was in a vehicle traveling at 55mph and jumped out onto the pavement.  It may only be for a step or two (likely a step).  But I could run faster than the world record of 32mph. Right?

Get my point?

Actually, you know what's better (and a little safer) than that?  Do a sprint on one of those moving walkways at the airport.  I imagine I could get moving pretty good on one of those ... just watch out for the dismount at the end!

Here's my 2 cents:

It really doesnt matter what you drive because you'll still have to have a second shot. I have a 280 average but that's only because I generate a lot of torque because I'm taller than most. I think whether you drive it 300 or 200 it won't matter because you still have a second shot and you'll have to putt. I know some guys I play with on Sundays that have 200 yard drives and still beat me because they are deadly 150 and in. Hardly miss a green and putt like pros.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Originally Posted by MasonAsher2014

Here's my 2 cents:

It really doesnt matter what you drive because you'll still have to have a second shot. I have a 280 average but that's only because I generate a lot of torque because I'm taller than most. I think whether you drive it 300 or 200 it won't matter because you still have a second shot and you'll have to putt. I know some guys I play with on Sundays that have 200 yard drives and still beat me because they are deadly 150 and in. Hardly miss a green and putt like pros.

with a 200 yard drive and 150 yards in shot I am sure they are deadly with a hole short of 350 but I think those come few and far between. Nobody will disagree with you that accuracy is just as important if not more important, as well as putting. Putt for dough drive for show but you cant just discount a far drive being advantageous. How much easier would those 350 yard holes be if you could just hit wedges in all day. It makes scoring much easier. It would be virtually impossible to miss those greens and then you can two putt your way to scratch.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

with a 200 yard drive and 150 yards in shot I am sure they are deadly with a hole short of 350 but I think those come few and far between. Nobody will disagree with you that accuracy is just as important if not more important, as well as putting. Putt for dough drive for show but you cant just discount a far drive being advantageous. How much easier would those 350 yard holes be if you could just hit wedges in all day. It makes scoring much easier. It would be virtually impossible to miss those greens and then you can two putt your way to scratch.

I should have made myself clearer. The drives fly 200 roll maybe 50 yards. Yes drives are important as I can drive two par4 greens if i blast it but if you have a 70 yard shot to go on your second IMHO that is harder to hit than a 120 yard shot.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Originally Posted by onesome

I was hitting my driver the other day while being monitored and the highest I reached was 104 and made good square contact with low spin and only got 260 yards of carry so even if he reached 110 he still has to hit it damn good with none of his slice.

That's something I'd like to understand as well.  I was on the Trackman monitor the same week this thread was started.  I rated between 105-110 in swing speed, and I was only carrying about the game (250-260).  Now, the wind was in my face and I'm not sure if that affects trackman (do they trace the ball, or simply make calculations based on swing speed, launch angle, smash factor, etc?), but if conditions don't affect the Trackman results, then the altitude or desert conditions wouldn't affect it either, right?

That's something I'd like to understand as well.  I was on the Trackman monitor the same week this thread was started.  I rated between 105-110 in swing speed, and I was only carrying about the game (250-260).  Now, the wind was in my face and I'm not sure if that affects trackman (do they trace the ball, or simply make calculations based on swing speed, launch angle, smash factor, etc?), but if conditions don't affect the Trackman results, then the altitude or desert conditions wouldn't affect it either, right?

I've only experienced Trackman once ever - last week during a fitting - and the guy told me that it tracked the ball all the way (with an accuracy within a foot or something at 100 yards -same tech. they use for the tracer on the PGA telecasts) and I took him at his word.

Originally Posted by MasonAsher2014

I should have made myself clearer. The drives fly 200 roll maybe 50 yards. Yes drives are important as I can drive two par4 greens if i blast it but if you have a 70 yard shot to go on your second IMHO that is harder to hit than a 120 yard shot.

I agree Id rather have 120 than 70 but thats just me. Im sure many people feel the opposite.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I've only experienced Trackman once ever - last week during a fitting - and the guy told me that it tracked the ball all the way (with an accuracy within a foot or something at 100 yards -same tech. they use for the tracer on the PGA telecasts) and I took him at his word.

That would make sense I think.  Some of my carry distances were abnormally low that day.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That is correct.  They track the ball all the way.  The technology is legit - and if you're hitting outdoors on Trackman - the elements will effect the ball and the results displayed.

That would make sense I think.  Some of my carry distances were abnormally low that day.

Same for me when I was on Trackman in March.  We were outdoors and hitting up-hill and into a cross wind.  Here are my numbers...  I believe my numbers would be a little better now that I've corrected a few swing flaws since March?  But I haven't been on an outdoor Trackman to know.

Here are my 6i numbers from March too.

I recently went and hit the MP-69's at my fitters - who has an indoor Trackman and my angle of attack was -3 to -4 range... And my carry distances were ~ 170... With totals in the 180 range.   Swing speed has remained consistent.

Beachcomber, It seems that your numbers don't make total sense. With that SS the ball should be going farther. Yes, the launch is not ideal and spin is low (except for the 4000, which I would guess is a miss hit), but the AoA is good. The ball speed is not as high as I would expect. Where many of these mishit?

Michael

Originally Posted by mchepp

Beachcomber, It seems that your numbers don't make total sense. With that SS the ball should be going farther. Yes, the launch is not ideal and spin is low (except for the 4000, which I would guess is a miss hit), but the AoA is good. The ball speed is not as high as I would expect. Where many of these mishit?

He was responding to my post about whether or not Trackman traces the entire ball flight and thus is subject to driving conditions/environment.  On this particular day, he said he was driving uphill and into a cross wind.

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!