IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Those are great smash factor numbers on the driver. I average about 117mph yet would barely outdrive your 265 yarder...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mchepp

Beachcomber, It seems that your numbers don't make total sense. With that SS the ball should be going farther. Yes, the launch is not ideal and spin is low (except for the 4000, which I would guess is a miss hit), but the AoA is good. The ball speed is not as high as I would expect. Where many of these mishit?

LOL.... If you watch my swing video - where Grant Waite says something like "I don't think you have control of your club - I just saw you hit a 50 yard hook." Or something like that... Hhahahah  Possibly a lot of off center hits?

It wasn't that bad - but I definitely wasn't hitting the ball on the screws every time with those numbers.

If I fast forward to today... And compare my contact to this past March - based on the changes I've been working on... My contact today - is a lot more consistent than it was in March.  Like on my irons for instance, I can see ball marks in a nice tight area on the clubface.  Like this photo of my PW. This was taken a few weeks ago - not perfect contact every time... But a lot tighter contact than I had back in March.  Whereas back in March - I would be all over the place.  Heel, Center, Toe, etc...  Now I'm getting it closer to center contact like 85 to 90% of the time.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

He was responding to my post about whether or not Trackman traces the entire ball flight and thus is subject to driving conditions/environment.  On this particular day, he said he was driving uphill and into a cross wind.

This too.

I used to drive 300, until my instructor took away my driver and told me to control my swing. Distance is great, but it is what happens on your short that will keep you in high capping. I work at a course where I see younger guys driving the ball deep, but the keep hitting trees, roughs, and everywhere else but fairway. So I see that it is NOT unusual to hit deep drives, just not straight deep drives.

With today's golf ball, and drivers, if your having trouble controlling a driver, than work on the golf swing. Its to much of an advantage to hit the long ball if you have the power. If i am having a good driving day, i can hit the long ball all day long, and hit a ton of greens. But i also learned on how to aim, so i know if i miss i got a shot. If its a tight hole i will hit a shot that i know will curve a certain amount, and i will make sure i can put the ball in play, even if that means loosing a bit of distance. If its open, i will just let it rip.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Why does nobody believe I average 3.00 putts per par 5 GIR?

Why does nobody believe I can hit almost 100% of my 175 yard approaches within 300 feet of the pin?

Why does nobody believe I can hop and stop my putter into the turf on a 3 foot birdie putt?

i hit my 54* 180 yards tonight.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Hey.... No, I'm not gone and no I haven't been to trackman yet. Right after my last post I encountered some personal and health issues. I just didn't want to post about it at the time. My personal business is just that, but if someone actually wanted to know, I would post it. The day I made those last swing videos my feet where hurting really bad. Each day it got worse till I could barely walk. I hate going to the doctor, but broke down and went. I found out that I have Gout. Its a type of arthritis and can sometimes be controlled by diet. I didn't want the prescription medicine, so I have mine somewhat under control with diet, but I'm practically a vegetarian now. When your feet and mainly your toes hurt, it greatly affects the ability to golf hehe.

I wanted to post sooner but I was going threw allot at the time and this is a rough crowd. I thought the golfing community would be a bit less harsh. I admit I was wrong for for not posting sooner, but oh well my bad lol.

I did go down to Jeffs facility about two days after my last post because I was in the neighborhood, and the place is pretty far from my house. He is a busy guy, and was completely booked for that day and the following 15 days after that, and only had a few half hour slots open for the rest of the month. This month is much more open at the moment, and I'll book a half hour slot sometime during the month. Here is a link to his schedule page. http://www.radargolfacademy.com/index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro2&view;=booking_screen_gad&Itemid;=563 . July was almost completely booked in advanced.

Sincerely, Jim

Hey.... No, I'm not gone and no I haven't been to trackman yet. Right after my last post I encountered some personal and health issues. I just didn't want to post about it at the time. My personal business is just that, but if someone actually wanted to know, I would post it. The day I made those last swing videos my feet where hurting really bad. Each day it got worse till I could barely walk. I hate going to the doctor, but broke down and went. I found out that I have Gout. Its a type of arthritis and can sometimes be controlled by diet. I didn't want the prescription medicine, so I have mine somewhat under control with diet, but I'm practically a vegetarian now. When your feet and mainly your toes hurt, it greatly affects the ability to golf hehe. I wanted to post sooner but I was going threw allot at the time and this is a rough crowd. I thought the golfing community would be a bit less harsh. I admit I was wrong for for not posting sooner, but oh well my bad lol. I did go down to Jeffs facility about two days after my last post because I was in the neighborhood, and the place is pretty far from my house. He is a busy guy, and was completely booked for that day and the following 15 days after that, and only had a few half hour slots open for the rest of the month. This month is much more open at the moment, and I'll book a half hour slot sometime during the month. Here is a link to his schedule page.  [URL=http://www.radargolfacademy.com/index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro2&view;=booking_screen_gad&Itemid;=563]http://www.radargolfacademy.com/index.php?option=com_rsappt_pro2&view;=booking_screen_gad&Itemid;=563[/URL]. July was almost completely booked in advanced.

Sorry to hear about your illness. I wish you the speediest of recoveries.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

I wonder who wants to eat their own poo first.....anyone?

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

For what? He hasn't proven anyone right or wrong. [quote name="logman" url="/t/60345/why-is-it-unbelievable-i-can-drive-300/684#post_756974"]I wonder who wants to eat their own poo first.....anyone? [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Hey.... No, I'm not gone and no I haven't been to trackman yet. Right after my last post I encountered some personal and health issues. I just didn't want to post about it at the time. My personal business is just that, but if someone actually wanted to know, I would post it. The day I made those last swing videos my feet where hurting really bad. Each day it got worse till I could barely walk. I hate going to the doctor, but broke down and went. I found out that I have Gout.

My dad has the same condition.  Be diligent with your diet.

Remember that you don't necessarily have to prove anything to anybody on here.  So if you're still suffering from it, it's kind of silly to try and book a session.  At the same time, it's a bit disingenuous to blame the forum for your lack of responsiveness.

Hope you feel better soon.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I don't think it is all that rare to find a person who can hit the ball 300 yds.  Conditions could weigh into getting it out that far, but still isn't that rare.  I have hit it 300 yds before...even though i couldn't say it is that often.  I have 3 friends who can hit it 330+ if they really get into one.  I played with one of them in a scramble.  The middle of the green was 340 yds away and it was the long drive hole.  After he hit it the long drive marker was on the middle left of the green.  The people on the green were pretty surprised.

The mere fact that people say they "hit it 300" says they know little about the game. Of course millions can in certain conditions. I can, but rarely do. BUt at your course maybe I would do it regularly. So what?

On what course are these people talking about? On what grass? On what sort of fairways? At what elevation?

I can guarantee that the 300 bomber on concrete-like fairways at elevation isn't hitting it 240 at my soft course ATM, with drives bouncing backwards.

Holes that I have hit wedge into in the past are now unreachable with drive and fairway wood.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Well, I was up all last night, and was feeling pretty good this morning so I shot a round today. My game hasn't fallen off to much, as I shot a 95, about average for me. As much as I hate to say it ROFL, I did hit two long balls today. A 302 on hole 10 and a 309 on hole 16.

There's not really much to prove at this point. It seems like most people agree now that some newb can step in and take a good hard whack at it, and at times pull a 300+ out of there butt. Never the less, if there is no picture/video/trackman of it, then it didn't happen, and I do agree with that statement.

So..... Hopefully I can keep my life straight for the next two days because I DID scedule a trackman session about 20 minutes ago.

Thank you for using our on-line appointment system.

Hitting Bay #1 for Groupon / Living Social Practice Session , has been booked for James Cressy III for this date/time: Tuesday August 14, 2012 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM .

Not tomorrow, but Tuesday.

Sincerely, Jim

Well, I was up all last night, and was feeling pretty good this morning so I shot a round today. My game hasn't fallen off to much, as I shot a 95, about average for me. As much as I hate to say it ROFL, I did hit two long balls today. A 302 on hole 10 and a 309 on hole 16. There's not really much to prove at this point. It seems like most people agree now that some newb can step in and take a good hard whack at it, and at times pull a 300+ out of there butt. Never the less, if there is no picture/video/trackman of it, then it didn't happen, and I do agree with that statement. So..... Hopefully I can keep my life straight for the next two days because I DID scedule a trackman session about 20 minutes ago.

Thank you for using our on-line appointment system.

Hitting Bay #1 for Groupon / Living Social Practice Session , has been booked for James Cressy III for this date/time: Tuesday August 14, 2012 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM .

Not tomorrow, but Tuesday.

Where is the place in Vegas with Trackman? I'm going to go to the Callaway Performance Center here either Tuesday or Wednesday for an iron fitting. I'm also looking forward to hitting their forged clubs.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

Where is the place in Vegas with Trackman? I'm going to go to the Callaway Performance Center here either Tuesday or Wednesday for an iron fitting. I'm also looking forward to hitting their forged clubs.

Radar Golf Academy
8110 W Warm Springs Road
Las Vegas, NV 89113
Hours of Operation: 10am - 6pm M-Su
- After Hours by Appointment Only
702-560-3161

Sincerely, Jim

Note: This thread is 4234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!