IGNORED

Why is it unbelievable I can drive 300+ ?

Jimbo Slice
Note: This thread is 4213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Technique has allot to do with it to... For example my swing speed is between 110-115 and I only get about one out of twenty to go that far because I have issues hitting the sweet spot consistently and completing my swing. Haven't been on a monitor so living on an island with high winds could contribute good or bad.

Originally Posted by LovinItAll

Jim: Man, I don't want to put any pressure on you, but can you ...... shit before you go, too.

QFT.  Exactly the advice I was thinking of Lovin'.  When you're racing, you want to be running lean and light.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

. The main goal in golf should be to just have fun. If one person has fun playing golf a certain way I really don't see anything wrong with it.

At some point you'll discover (hopefully) that scoring better increases the fun factor. That opportunity (never a guarantee) is what separates a round of golf from just another ball-beating session on the range.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glad your gout is gone and you got the Trackman data.  I'd say it's not longer unbelievable you can drive the ball 300 yards, congrats!

Joe Paradiso

Looks like you got 2-3 out there around 300.  I think that suffices for me (although I don't know what 75% of the other numbers mean).  Nice job.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Looks like you got 2-3 out there around 300.  I think that suffices for me (although I don't know what 75% of the other numbers mean).  Nice job.

Ill tell you what the rest of those numbers mean ROFL. They mean I'm really bad at golf haha, and I'm hitting the ball way to high with way too much spin.

• Upvote 1

Sincerely, Jim

Congratulations!   Personally,  I am glad the results are in and they proved it is possible for you to drive it 300yds.   Hopefully, those who said you couldn't hit it 200 and those who don't believe a high capper can bomb one that far will be man enough to admit they were wrong.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

• Administrator

Yes, I talked to Jeff, and he said you averaged 115+ and were regularly hitting 119 or so.

Plenty of speed - even at sea level and with non-optimized impact conditions (hitting down slightly, a little too much spin, etc.) to hit the ball 300. Certainly enough to hit it 326 in Las Vegas.

You proved virtually everyone wrong.

Good for you.

P.S. You should consider taking lessons from Jeff. He's good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So....anyone for a shit sandwich?........who's first then?

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Originally Posted by iacas

Yes, I talked to Jeff, and he said you averaged 115+ and were regularly hitting 119 or so.

Plenty of speed - even at sea level and with non-optimized impact conditions (hitting down slightly, a little too much spin, etc.) to hit the ball 300. Certainly enough to hit it 326 in Las Vegas.

You proved virtually everyone wrong.

Good for you.

P.S. You should consider taking lessons from Jeff. He's good.

Thanks for the reassurance Eric, it means allot coming from you. Jeff is so cool, I like him allot. He was showing me some ball flight laws and pointing out on some of my shots, if I could just correct my launch angle and ball spin, I would be getting really good distances.

Sincerely, Jim

[ATTACHMENT=184]Jimmy Cressy 2012-08-14 Trackman Report.pdf (893k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]  I also took a about 15 cuts after the report was made and he was packing up. I cranked up my SS a bit more 125 average on those last 15 cuts and hit 2 out of the 15 300+. I was just getting warmed up when the session was over. We where having allot of trouble with tees sticking in the mat and I could only get about one ball teed up per minute at best. The lengths of the tees varied also, as we where cutting my tees down and trying to make them work. Just couldn't get the tees to stick in the mat and stay up after the ball was set on it. I talked with Jeff a bit after and during the session and asked him what he thought about my swing and distance claims. He absolutely agreed I've hit the ball 330 no problem, as I have claimed a 326. He also said he has no doubts that I could hit about 2 300+ yard drives per round as I claimed. He also pointed out that even with all my bad club face stats and smash factor. If I could just reduce my ball spin and launch angle I would hit lots of 300+ drives. He also mentioned I might get an average of about 10 yards more distance of roll In real life conditions. Here are the best two shots if you don't want to download that pdf. Swing Speed: 116.7  Smash Factor: 1.42 Carry: 291.9   Total Distance: 314.8 Swing Speed: 117.7  Smash Factor: 1.42 Carry: 286.9   Total Distance: 301.6

Well done. Not that you needed it, but consider yourself vindicated. I'm petty sure Trackman doesn't adjust for 'Vegas Golf', so anyone who attributed your length to living here can now officially shut it. Read it and weep, haters.

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Ill tell you what the rest of those numbers mean ROFL. They mean I'm really bad at golf haha, and I'm hitting the ball way to high with way too much spin.

And fairly inconsistent, lol. That is to be expected though. It took me 2 1/2 years to get my drive figured out and one new club purchase to forget everything I had learned. I am finally back on track though.....

P.S. I am glad you proved to some of these guys that you can not judge a swing by its cover. I really could not fathom how they could decide how far your ball would go by watching the video. It does not pay to be self righteous.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

So....anyone for a shit sandwich?........who's first then?

I'm pretty sure I've seen video of that somewhere on the internets...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

Thanks for the reassurance Eric, it means allot coming from you. Jeff is so cool, I like him allot. He was showing me some ball flight laws and pointing out on some of my shots, if I could just correct my launch angle and ball spin, I would be getting really good distances.

Jeff is right. That speed is very close to tour speed. In fact it is faster than many of the pros. Your consistency is what is holding you back from being a really good player.

Congrats to you.

• Upvote 1

Michael

There where more shots taken then listed on the spreadsheet. Some before and some after. Still only a total of about 60 strokes. I take more stokes at the range then that before I even start my round. I was very stiff this afternoon and barely getting warmed up by the time the session was over. As I was hitting my last few balls, the numbers where getting much better. I'm going to schedule another hour and hit 80 balls at the range before I show up for my session. I'm not trying to prove anything, I just liked the experience and Jeff is really cool. Plus I know I can put up much better numbers, and I would like to know what they are.

I would get a month pass but the facility is 22 miles from my house, and I don't feel like driving it in my gas guzzler.

Thanks for all the supports guys

Sincerely, Jim

Note: This thread is 4213 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!