IGNORED

2012 British Open Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't stand ESPN coverage. They know nothing about golf.

Tirico didn't even know how to pronounce Louis Oosthuizen , he annihilated his name yesterday.

Van Pelt is worse and Berman needs to stick with football.

Where's Johnny Miller when you need him, at least he can pronunce there names!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Well... the Bubba Watson Course Management Experiment is officially over.  Bogey-Bogey-Triple.

Mr. Watson's Wild Ride has begun.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well... the Bubba Watson Course Management Experiment is officially over.  Bogey-Bogey-Triple. Mr. Watson's Wild Ride has begun.

This is when we'll see if he's actually learned anything. [quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/60403/2012-british-open-discussion-thread/120_30#post_745364"]Is this the putt you guys are referring to? [/quote] Eh. That's bad but I've definitely seen worse.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

with the prediction thread closed, I`ll post this here-  Where is Brandt Snedeker on the following list?  Did anyone pick him?  He`s ranked 29th in the OWGR so at the very least he deserved a mention as top 50 not selected...maybe I just missed his name.  As a late entry, I appreciated Chilli Dipper`s efforts, but seems as if there was an important oversight.

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

This is the final update of the current scores taken. Remember, using your second or third choices on a player already taken as someone's first choice is wasting that pick, and so is picking a winning score that has already been chosen.

FIRST CHOICE (Do not pick these players with your second or third choice; scores listed are already taken)

Justin Rose: -11, -8, -4

Tiger Woods: -18, -16, -15, -14, -13, -12, -11, -10, -9, -8, -7, -6, -5, -4, -2, Even, +3

Lee Westwood: -11, -10, -9, -8,-7, -3

Phil Mickelson: -12, -11, -10

Nicolas Colsaerts: -11, -9, -7

Sergio Garcia: -8

Luke Donald: -12, -8, -7

Jason Dufner: -11, -10, -9

Rory McIlroy: -12,-10, -9, -8, -7, -6

Paul Lawrie: -8

Graeme McDowell: -9

Louis Oosthuizen: -12, -9

Hunter Mahan: -11, -10, -8

Padraig Harrington: -9, -6

Martin Kaymer: -9

Bubba Watson: -14, -11

Davis Love III: -7

Matt Kuchar: -5

Ernie Els: -9, -3

Rickie Fowler: -10, -9

Branden Grace: -6

Jim Furyk: -9

Simon Dyson: -9

Robert Rock: -11, -3

Jonathan Byrd: -10

Ian Poulter: -10, -4

Keegan Bradley: -10

Dustin Johnson: -12

Steve Stricker: -7

Carl Pettersson: -7

Zach Johnson: -8

SECOND CHOICE (Do not pick these players with your third choice; scores listed are already taken)

Francesco Molinari: -8, -7, -6

Peter Hanson: -9, -8

Ross Fisher: -11, -8

Gregory Havret: -8

George Coetzee: -8

Retief Goosen: -3

Ryo Ishikawa: -8

Nick Watney: -8

John Senden: -9

Bill Haas: -11

KJ Choi: -7, -6

Kevin Na: -12, -6

Adam Scott: -12, -8

John Daly: -9, -2

Martin Laird: -11

Russ Cochran: -9

Anders Hansen: -6

Miguel Angel Jimenez: -6, -5

Charl Schwartzel: -10

Rafael Cabrera-Bello: -6

Aaron Baddeley: -8

Andres Romero: -7

Alvaro Quiros: -8

THIRD CHOICE (Scores listed are already taken)

JBE Kruger: Even

Vijay Singh: -8

Lucas Glover: -12, -11

Charles Howell III: -12, -3

Chez Reavie: -6

Ben Curtis: -10

Harris English: -8

Bo Van Pelt: -6, -5

John Huh: -9

Fredrik Jacobson: -11, -10, -7

Kyle Stanley: -7, -3

David Duval: -8, Even

Marcus Fraser: -9

Tim Clark: -6

Geoff Ogilvy: -10, -7

Robert Karlsson: -5

Gary Woodland: -9

Joost Luiten: -5

James Driscoll: -10

Richard Finch: -6

Tom Watson: -3

Selected players who will not be playing in the Open

Webb Simpson (withdrew; personal reasons); Jason Day (withdrew; personal reasons); David Toms (did not accept invitation); Ryan Moore (did not qualify); Robert Garrigus (did not qualify); Matteo Manassero (did not qualify); Bud Cauley (did not qualify).

Top 20 in World Ranking not selected as a first choice

Adam Scott (no. 13)

Top 50 in World Ranking not selected

Thomas Bjorn (no. 38), Sang-Moon Bae (no. 42); Mark Wilson (no. 43); Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (no. 45)

Previous Open champions not selected

Mark Calcavecchia, Stewart Cink, Darren Clarke, Todd Hamilton, Tom Lehman, Justin Leonard, Sandy Lyle

Who wins the contest if nobody has the winner with their first, second or third choices?  It doesn`t appear that the rules cover the possibility that nobody picks the winner with any of their choices??  Logic would say that you just throw out the winner that nobody picked (sorta like an amateur winner`s check going to the guy in 2nd) but you could then have multiple winners if there is a tie for 2nd.  (i.e. Tiger and Rory t2 at -8 with an unpicked player 1st).  Maybe this should be clarified ASAP just in case??

- The Winner will be selected as the first person in the contest to correctly pick both the winner and the score.

Details regarding the red, underlined rule:

- It's very simple guys. The winner is the first person (who satisfies the other rules) to choose the correct winner and score with their first choice. If nobody picks the correct score, the winner is the first person to have the closest score for the correct winner. If nobody chose the correct winner with their first choice, we repeat the process for everyone's second choice, and then the third.

- In other words, if someone chooses Joe Smith for their first choice - at any score - and you choose him for your second choice, you've wasted your choice. Additionally, if someone chooses Joe Smith at -2 for their first choice, it makes no sense to choose Joe Smith at -2 for any of your choices if you're posting after that entry (unless the person is DQed or ineligible, of course).

- Think of your picks like draft picks. Your second and third choices should be someone you don't think will be chosen in the first "round."

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

tiger on pace for a 66.  -7 would be perfect striking distance for saturday.

Except he laid up off the tee on a par 5 and still found the ugly stuff.  I think he deserved the result he got out of that hole.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

tiger on pace for a 66.  -7 would be perfect striking distance for saturday.

69?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by MEfree

with the prediction thread closed, I`ll post this here-  Where is Brandt Snedeker on the following list?  Did anyone pick him?  He`s ranked 29th in the OWGR so at the very least he deserved a mention as top 50 not selected...maybe I just missed his name.  As a late entry, I appreciated Chilli Dipper`s efforts, but seems as if there was an important oversight.

It was my mistake. I thought that Brandt was still laid out from the injuries that kept him out of the US Open.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

# Name Hole Par Total
1 SNEDEKER, B. 18 -10 130
2 SCOTT, A. 18 -9 131
T3 LAWRIE, P. 18 -4 136
T3 KUCHAR, M. 18 -4 136
T3 McDOWELL, G. 15 -4
T3 WOODS, T. 14 -4
T3 DUFNER, J. 12 -4

1 SNEDEKER, B. 18 -10 130
2 SCOTT, A. 18 -9 131
T3 LAWRIE, P. 18 -4 136
T3 KUCHAR, M. 18 -4 136
T3 McDOWELL, G. 15 -4
T3 WOODS, T. 14 -4
T3 DUFNER, J. 12 -4

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Motley01

I can't stand ESPN coverage. They know nothing about golf.

Tirico didn't even know how to pronounce Louis Oosthuizen, he annihilated  his name yesterday.

Van Pelt is worse and Berman needs to stick with football.

Where's Johnny Miller when you need him, at least he can pronunce there names!

then listen to the BBC coverage - ESPN has a link, http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/509774/

Players play, tough players win!

Poor Bubba falling apart today.

Bubba brought it back to even for the tourney. He'll be playing the weekend, and he can still put up a good finish.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The guys at -3 to -5 will be chasing Scott and Snedeker, if they don't fall back a bit tomorrow. One guy with a big lead on Sunday can go anywhere, but if you get two in the last group, they can keep eachother going. Tiger is playing solid, but nothing spectacular so far. Needs to hit his approach shots a bit closer.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!