Sign in to follow this  
irishlad88

55g x stiff vs 60g stiff, whats the difference?

Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 2808 viewsLast Reply

Iv been using a 60g Aldila RIP stiff shaft on my Titleist 910 driver and works just fine for me. I went to a club fitter and using flightscope they could only get me 10 extra yards on my own driver using a Fujikura 55g F1 Motore x stiff shaft. What is the difference, the x stiff is 5g lighter than my stiff shaft so why would an x stiff be better suited? (I ordered a Taylormade RBZ in the Fujikura since that shaft gives me 10 yards and the RBZ is also longer than the 910)

Shaft flex is measured differently by all manufacturers. There is no uniformity. Torque might also be different and it is measured differently. The construction of the shaft and kick points may also be different.

Nothing is simple. That's why you go on the LM.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!