• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Our Governor has announced a further loosening of restrictions.  Of specific interest to the golf course owners as well as many golfers was whether the One Person Per Cart rule was discontinued.  Someone in the Governor's office said yes, two people are now allowed in a cart in MI. I find it hard to believe that it is recommended or required to wear masks indoors but it is okay to sit six inches from a stranger for four hours.  Yes, it is sort of outdoors but hardly six feet of social distancing.  I expect all the other accommodations (no bunker rakes, flagstick in, shallow holes) will be rescinded, too.   Makes me wonder what info the Governor's committee has that tells them two people in a golf cart is okay.  Or did they just decide that if golfers want to sit together and risk illness, they would not stop us. Now I must make the decision as to whether I ride in cart with someone, friend or stranger.  I think right now I am going to walk.  No buddies or strangers in the cart.  
    • No-brainer for me; I go for making it a boring hole every time--a "left-half" layup that leaves me short of the left front fairway bunker, then a controlled wedge in.  That takes the penalty area, and most of the sand trouble out of play. 2H or 3W (~215y-235y) is a repeatable/go-to shot for me, even with what I'd assume would be OB left of the path.  I'd guess ~75% of the time I'd have a ~55y-80y wedge in with no real trouble in play on that shot, making a GIR likely with some putt at birdie or 2-putt par (just fine for me)--and completely eliminating the big number. I hit it fairly long--not 265y-carry-into-a-severe-headwind-long--but I can translate the scenario to my game.  It's just that my "mashed miss" is a push fade that the headwind would amplify, leaving me with all sorts of score-ballooning misses (penalty area, long bunker shot, etc.), while I'd only hit the green or have a manageable NGiR like 10-20% of the time at best--and even then, I'd still hardly ever make eagle with my short/putting game, and 5 or 6 would be much more likely. So I'll take the "chance at a 3 / boring 4" option every time.
    • From what I have seen in the past few months, there are people trying to get tee times who cannot.  So loss revenue from you is probably being paid by someone who has no problem with carts.  Just guessing, of course.  
    • Always go back to the basics. For me that starts with setup, weight shift and contact working on 90 90 swings for contact with a 7i trying to hit a small draw 75 yards. I lay down a pair of alignment sticks and tee up every ball. I will hot 50-75 balls like that each day making sure that the ball starts right of target and comes back. After that I like step drills (feet together, swing the club forward 12", and back, step and swing smoothly) and pump-pump-pump-release drill (Take it to the top and shift the hips, drop the hands 3X, then swing  through). Just what works for me to help get the sequence and rhythm back.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. houstongolfguy93
      houstongolfguy93
      (27 years old)
    2. PatCav
      PatCav
      (40 years old)
    3. SARANIK
      SARANIK
      (51 years old)
    4. Shorty
      Shorty
      (60 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...