IGNORED

Golf is the only time you get to be a "Brand W-hore" and get away with it

MichaelRyanSD
Note: This thread is 4283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As someone who also cycles I can tell you it's not just golf that's brand centered. You have people who willingly rideTrek or Specialized, and then those who purposely don't ride big name company bikes.

I have always been loyal to Callaway. First set of irons I bought were X-14s and have stayed with the brand since I started in 2000. I have owned Cleveland wedges, Hogan irons, and TaylorMade woods at different times throughout my playing days. I've tried out just about every brand at various times, but nothing beats a Callaway in my opinion.

check the sig, Titleist everything except for putter because my brother bought me a ping putter which I dont want to replace. I would love a scotty though. But hockey I am kind of the same. Graf skates just because they are the best but mission shins, pants, gloves and its got to be a bauer helmet.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I used to have all Titleist in the bag from the Driver to the ball, but I got Nike irons because I liked they way they looked at address compared to the new Titleist irons at the time. I also switched to the Nike 20XI-X ball. As for clothes, I can't go wrong with Nike because their sizes are consistent. I've looked at Adidas and their sizes for pants, shoes, shirts, etc seem to vary across all their designs.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

check the sig, Titleist everything except for putter because my brother bought me a ping putter which I dont want to replace. I would love a scotty though. But hockey I am kind of the same. Graf skates just because they are the best but mission shins, pants, gloves and its got to be a bauer helmet.

You still gotta replace those mizuno wedges and the ogio bag if you wanna be a true w****.

Where do you play hockey?  I'm afraid to do it anymore because my back probably can't take it, but I played for several years at Gretzky's in Irvine and the rink in Anaheim off the 91 that became the go cart place (roller) and in HB, then Yorba Linda, then Aliso for a little while (ice).  I really miss it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a Rocketballz clone sand wedge and I love it. Not only was it custom-built for $25, it is heavier than an RBZ and other bigger names. It was a mixture of cost and personal preference that swayed my decision. The only thing I wouldn't really put in the hands of an "off-brand" company would be a driver/woods. I feel like there is too much that could go wrong with those as opposed to an iron where grooves and weighting are really what matter. My next set of irons may actually be custom-built off-brand that are supposed to be amazing. And it is about $300 max for a full set. Can not beat that.

L4V 9* Stiff flex

3W-PW Reg Flex

RBZ Clone 54* Apollo Black Steel Reg Flex

Custom Bionik 504 set for crossgrip

Cart Bag or  Stand Bag

Z Star XV or  TP Black LDP to show off

Adams clubs except for the driver and putter, which are Nike.  If I hadn't bought the irons this year I would have all Nike stuff.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

• Administrator

I know brand *****s in fishing. I know brand *****s in cars. I know brand *****s in clothing. I know brand *****s in friggin' disc golf.

Golf is not the only time you can get away with being a brand *****.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm not much of a brand **** when it comes to golf. I have a few that I don't particularly like (Callaway and Ping, generally), but my bad has clubs from TaylorMade, Adams, Mizuno, Nike, and Titleist, and I often use a Bridgestone ball. I am a bit of a brand **** when it comes to other things, clothing in particular, but that's mainly because there are noticeable and consistent differences in terms of the way different brands fit, are bad, and cost.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Say the guy with 4 Titleist Vokeys in his bag     I play whatever clubs work for me at the time and agree with Apoc that even if you have a brand preference you should check out other brands from time to time.

Actually, I changed them to Edels on this afternoon. Ordered them over a month ago, got em in, had to send em back, got em today. :)

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by iacas

I know brand *****s in fishing. I know brand *****s in cars. I know brand *****s in clothing. I know brand *****s in friggin' disc golf.

I should have been a little more specific in the OP, this is what I mean, brand ho'ing in golf is the only time you can get away with it.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You still gotta replace those mizuno wedges and the ogio bag if you wanna be a true w****.

Where do you play hockey?  I'm afraid to do it anymore because my back probably can't take it, but I played for several years at Gretzky's in Irvine and the rink in Anaheim off the 91 that became the go cart place (roller) and in HB, then Yorba Linda, then Aliso for a little while (ice).  I really miss it.

I guess I should update my sig. I carry 3 vokeys now haha 52 56 60.

My main place is Hb Inline which used to be C2C. I have played tournaments too many times (once is too many when its july and 102 degrees). I played tournaments at anaheim too. Never played aliso but I will sub in Glaciel gardens for Ice and try and get to pick up at westminster as often as possible.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

So far I've been a Callaway guy.  I was out testing clubs last year when I decided to buy a decent set of irons, and Callaways just felt great.  That led to me trying Callaway balls which I also liked alot.  I will play other balls though.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Titleist 909D2 Driver

Srixon Z-TX 3-H
Srixon Z-TX 4-PW
Cleveland CG15 DSG, 52 & 56 degrees
Cleveland CG 12, 60 degree

Rife Trinidad putter

I guess I'm somewhat a Srixon/Cleveland *****.

edit. Aah, yes, and Srixon Z-Star balls (or Bridgestone B330-RX.)

909D2 9.5 Stiff
Z-TX 3-H Stiff
Z-TX 4-PW Reg.
CG15 DSG 52 & 56
CG12 60 degree
Trinidad (CS)

I am all over the map with golf brands:

-Titleist bag/driver/wedges

-Ping driver (switch between the two)

-Mizuno irons

-Odyssey putter

-Zebra 20 degree fairway wood

-Nike/Adidas shoes

-Nike gloves

-Nike/Titleist/Bridgestone/Callaway/Taylormade balls *whichever good ball I can get for a good deal at the time*

With vehicles I swear by Honda.

Non golf shoes are generally New Balance or Nike.

Guitars are USA made Fender

Mac for computer/phone

I still don't understand what OP means by 'golf is the only time you can get away with it'.  Opposed to what? being called out on it?

I just get what I like and what I find to be the most worthwhile to me at the time.  But I would sell Honda out if their cars started treating me like Chevy's used to treat me.  I would stop buying New Balance if their products started being made with less integrity (like Gibson guitars did, and so many other businesses I am sure people can name).  I wouldn't swear by Mizuno irons if I found ones that I felt personally worked better for me, etc.

This thread confuses me.

Originally Posted by iacas

As an ex-club tournament bass fisherman I know several fishing brand *****s myself.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

I have several brands that I have used for a long time...Ping irons, TaylorMade woods...but if I find something I like better, I'll change.

About the only golf brand that I will probably not try another brand to replace is .  Their shoes always fit me and are always comfortable.  I have tried others in the past with disappointing results.

I bought a used set of cavity-backed Titliest DCI's (2-PW) irons from a friend back in 1997.

I also bought a TaylorMade Bubble 3W somewhere around 1999.

I used them extensively until 2001, when I stopped playing.

I have just started playing again, and the clubs are as good as ever.

I just laugh at people who constantly buy new clubs.

A good set of clubs will last a decade (or a lifetime)

These DCI's are the last set of clubs I will ever buy/use.

The grips are nearing 15 years old, so I might invest $100 in regripping them...

Note: This thread is 4283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!