IGNORED

PureStrike 5SK, Stack and Tilt, Etc.

Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A nice thread. Somewhat strange reading for a person living outside the good old USA.

To give you an idea. You are talking about differences in a teaching system (as I think I can discribe it) versus the total lack of knowledge in my country. I frequently meet teaching pro's who sometimes have read 'something' about S&T; let alone 5sk. The only thing they can mumble is it is a swing in which you stay on the left side, with overlooking all the positives. They keep hangin in the past, like rolling the wrists, keeping the knees bend etc. and everything else that comes with teachers who do not invest in themselves to evolve.

S&T; to me is easier to remember. It gives me great explanation. I have to work and think to bring elements of 5sk into my swing. But I find great joy in reading al sorts of explanations by MvMac and/or Iacas, let alone the great clips. Reading this sort of discussions remembers me how far behind we are in my country. I wish there would be a discussion about differences in my country. That would possibly means that we have teachers ready to take golf at a higher level.

I agree. Most of us on the forum never take what Erik, Mike and the rest of the pro's offer for granted. There is so much information here. The instruction isn't always clear for someone like me, but eventually I'll come across something while practicing or playing and it will click as to what was meant. These guys are the real deal.

As far as other teaching pros, even in this country (at least in my region of it) the majority of instruction is as you've described. I've taken lessons from three different people and the first thing they ask about or comment on is losing the flex in my back leg. It's why I'll likely not take any more lessons until I either sign up for Evolvr or, if by some miracle, a local instructor adopts this method of instruction.

• Upvote 1

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@taxgolf ,

Keep in mind that 5 Simple Keys in not a swing method like Stack & Tilt.  In fact, Stack & Tilt fits into 5SK, as do all good swing methods.  I started out using Stack & Tilt. I read book, had the videos and practiced it a lot, but eventually moved on because there were some things I just couldn't do.

I find 5 Simple Keys very easy to understand because it is "simple". There are only 5 things to remember.  You work to achieve them with your swing and body type.  You can have somewhat unique elements to your swing but still improve because you have a steady head, weight forward at impact, flat left wrist at impact, etc.

From the OP by @david_wedzik :

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

S&T; to me is easier to remember. It gives me great explanation. I have to work and think to bring elements of 5sk into my swing. But I find great joy in reading al sorts of explanations by MvMac and/or Iacas, let alone the great clips. Reading this sort of discussions remembers me how far behind we are in my country. I wish there would be a discussion about differences in my country. That would possibly means that we have teachers ready to take golf at a higher level.

Golf is hard. I don't want this to "sound" the wrong way but of course S&T; is "easier to remember". It's description of ONE way to swing a golf club. You don't have to consider the many things that might be going on within individual players (again, golf is hard, and you really need to consider those things) as you give them singular instruction.

5 Simple Keys® was specifically built to keep things as simple as possible for players learning the game while instructors learned to understand the things that go on to make those 5 Keys attainable. It's not as easy (for an instructor) as just hearing them once and remembering them... but for a golfer it is exactly that easy. That's the beauty of the system. Easy for golfers to understand and prioritize while the instructor (the one who, if he is worthy, gets paid by the golfer) has to grasp the why and how and variables that make things work.

• Upvote 2

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Note: This thread is 3396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!