IGNORED

Luke list wow

poser
Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was watching some of the nationwide this morning this guy kills the ball.  560 yard par 5 he hit driver 9 iron.  Also leads the web.com in driving distance.  Anyone have some good videos of his swing?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

215 yard par3 hits 8 iron i mean come on.  Looks effortless too.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• Administrator

Lots of the guys on that Tour learn to tone it down a bit to keep it in play when they get to the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 5 months later...

According to Callaway's Facebook page - he is playing in the Sony Open in Hawaii this week.  Should be fun to see him hit the ball around the island.

For those that are unfamiliar with this cat... He led all 6 professional tours with a measly 323.5yd driving average in 2012.

Looks like he's playin a beat up old muni in that video based on the condition of that tee box. Very excited to see him and everybody else play now that the seasons cranking up again!

That's pretty incredible distance. Ill be watching for him at the Sony.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Needs to keep more flex in his trail leg if he wants to really bust it.

Cally is going all in for distance this coming year. Already have Quiros, J.B. Holmes and List and just signed Woodland. Bomb squad marketing.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I saw him play at a US Open Qualifier this summer. I had no idea who he was, but after watching him for a couple of holes, I thought, d@mn, he hits the ball a long way. They seem to float very high and that day he was hitting a fade on his drives. He was usually ~30 yards past his partners off the tee.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by poser

215 yard par3 hits 8 iron i mean come on.  Looks effortless too.

thats my 4 iron on a good day...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Coldsteel

Dont forget they also signed Nicolas Colsaerts, the Belgian Bomber, outhitting everyone on the PGA tour with 65% accuracy!

I did forget! Thanks.

Quite a stable.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

I did forget! Thanks.

Quite a stable.

im included as well, you must have forgotten about me paying to wear their shoes, right?

Colin P.

Originally Posted by CanuckAaron

That is insane but he will need to hit more than 57.26% fairways (ranked 125 in accuracy) if he wants to play on the PGA Tour on a regular basis.

You realize that the world's #1, Rory, is worse than that at 56.6% driving accuracy on the PGA Tour?   Seems to be working OK for him.

Originally Posted by Clambake

You realize that the world's #1, Rory, is worse than that at 56.6% driving accuracy on the PGA Tour?   Seems to be working OK for him.

I agree with this too.  Driving accuracy at least on tour doesn't mean as much anymore.  The accurate guys like Toms and Furyk are the shorter hitters on tour.  Guys like Bubba and Woodland hit it so far, they just don't care if its in the rough.

425 yard par 4.  Hit it 275 in the fairway and have 150 left or hit it 345 in the rough and have 80 yards left.  It seems that the long ( and usually inaccurate) hitters have been having plenty of success recently.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Also remember, the tour only counts a ball in the fairway... Many of their bombs run through the fairway into the first or 2nd cut.  And as others have said... Having a shorter iron into a green is often times an advantage - even if you find yourself outside the fairway.  Their dispersion is still much better than the average Joe blow.

Originally Posted by Clambake

Good point but you are comparing Web.com courses to PGA Tour courses. I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume that Luke List has the game that Rory does and that he could only hit half of the fairways and still be successful.

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!