IGNORED

In the market for Blades - any suggestions?

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by amssmitty

I have the Adams Pro a12 and I'm not sure if they're blades, but they're about as close as you can get to it and I love them. It has a tiny muscle back. They are so smooth off the face and very easy to hit. Come with the KBS 90 shaft which for some people may or may not work, it's a mid to high launching shaft with mid to high spin. Although, the combination of the shafts and iron heads feel like butter, but honestly I would like a little more feel and get some better feedback.

They're not blades - great sticks though - I'd love a set!!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I hate being the voice of reason but, seriously, just keep the 59s.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch

I hate being the voice of reason but, seriously, just keep the 59s.

Hush you! Golf Equipment Ho-ing in full swing here!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

hey honey you looking for a date?

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered the MP 59 so you don't get much help from me other than i have the KBS tours shafts also. Just for getting a little lower flight.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

If you can find a MacGregor MT Pro Blade set in a used bin - the last ones made by the real MacGregor - they are a fine, forged blade and some arrived with Nippon Shafts.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

If you can find a MacGregor MT Pro Blade set in a used bin - the last ones made by the real MacGregor - they are a fine, forged blade and some arrived with Nippon Shafts.

Yes. I just gave my set to my son. Feel great, classic lines, and half the price of Zuno's. I think you can still find a new set here or there on Bay.

The irons that replaced my MT Pros are Tour Blades. They were a limited release modeled after the FG17(?) but with a modernized sole. They came with TT X105 shafts that feel a bit whippy and have a low kick which put a really high traj on the ball, so I'm going to be putting in something stiffer with a higher kickpoint for a more boring traj. I think you can also still find a couple closeout sets on the Bay for ~$350.

Originally Posted by MbolicGolf

hey honey you looking for a date?

Too much stuff going on on the backside there, kinda like the MacG VIPs

dak4n6

The MP-69s are really nice. They're not hard to hit at all. They are pretty shiny though, so you gotta like that. One of the nicest clubs I've ever hit, to be honest, in terms of eyes closed feel. Performance...well, I'm not sure there's too much difference there. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have a set of Mizuno MP-59s and and set of JPX800Pros ((as well as a set of MP-32s I have never been able to part with). Just tried a set of Pirahna V blades and they will now become the my first non-Mizuno set. They are soo sweet and easy to hit. (note: I did have to bend them, they are quite flat compared to American standard club sets. )

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Originally Posted by Paulinfl

I've had the 69's for awhile and love them.  I really don't find them as un-forgiving as some claim.  They hit awesome in my opinion, and upped my game.   Also have the KBS shafts.

Of course they aren't. They're perimeter weighted and have a friendly grind.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 7 months later...

It sounds to me like you already know that you want the MP-69s.  Theyre great irons, Id strongly suggest you only get a 6-PW set though and get the rest in hybrids or in a more forgiving iron.  Blades can be pretty tough to hit when you get into the mid and long irons.  Perhaps a 59/69 combo set is in order.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not sure you can do a whole lot better on the used market than a set of MP33's.  I have these and the VR Pros and I tend to favor the 33's most of the time.  Both have Project X 6.0 shafts and are 1 degree flat.  Misses seems to be more vocal with the 33's but a well stuck ball is pure bliss.

If you can wait, watch for Callaway X. Forged 2013 at Callawaypreiwned Great sticks, feel, pxi shaft is great, and price would be good for a forging Not a blade, but blade like and forgiving

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I haven't found a set that has made me remove the MP-32s from my bag yet, but with that said, I like both the Titleist MB and MP-69s. If I had to pick a new set, it would be one of those two as well. Don't think you'd be going wrong with either choice. I'd just suggest hitting them both back-to-back and seeing which feels better.

• 3 months later...

I wish I had seen this thread two days ago; I have the Cally musclebacks and just bought a set of used MP-59 (awaiting delivery).  We could have swapped.

For what it's worth, the Cally's are great clubs.  Gorgeous in the bag and when you hit them in the center its like a well thrown dart.  I'm just going in the opposite direction of you; a little older and looking for a little more forgiveness.

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!