IGNORED

Summer golf in Palm Springs.....best course for best price?

BrokeLoser
Note: This thread is 4283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

also, you should check out greenskeeper.org.   they have a top-courses section, but they also have aeration alerts, so you can know ahead of time if the course got punched, or even closed (some are).   plus you can see recent reviews about how the course conditions are.  that pic you posted above of la quinta, i guarantee its from the winter.  most of these courses use different grass during the summer and isn't always so green.

Thanks for all the suggestions....I ended up playing here for $38.50...included 18 holes, cart with gps and range balls...it only got to 100 degrees...unbelievable!

Driver: TaylorMade R7 Superquad 9.5* & Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5*

3 Metal: TaylorMade R11 15.5*

Irons: Ping G15 stiff, steel AWT shafts 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams #3 - 20* & #4 - 23*

Wedges: Callaway Forged X-Tour 52* & 58*

Putter: Odyssey 33" White Ice #1

Originally Posted by BrokeLoser

Thanks for all the suggestions....I ended up playing here for $38.50...included 18 holes, cart with gps and range balls...it only got to 100 degrees...unbelievable!

That's fantastic ... which course is that?  Also, what time did you get out and how busy was it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That's fantastic ... which course is that?  Also, what time did you get out and how busy was it?

Silverrock...teed off at 7:52am...I played as a single..pretty much had the place to myself. Booked it through golfnow.com

http://www.silverrock.org/

I was looking online and I think I wanna play terra lagos like that. Real good looking course.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

I was looking online and I think I wanna play terra lagos like that. Real good looking course.

Laquinta Mountain course, Desert Willow and Terra Lago are my next plays...I'll do it before summer ends...for sure!

Silverrock...teed off at 7:52am...I played as a single..pretty much had the place to myself. Booked it through golfnow.com

http://www.silverrock.org/

Somebody previously mentioned the pictures you posted from the course were probably taken during a different season, so I'm wondering how the course actually looks right now?  Pretty good conditions, green or brown, soft or dried out?

I am an hour drive away, basically, and looking at the prices of a lot of those courses on golfnow is very tempting.  I could keep an eye out for upcoming "cold" (ha!) spells, grab an early tee time, play 18, and be back in time for a late lunch.

Very tempting.

Somebody previously mentioned the pictures you posted from the course were probably taken during a different season, so I'm wondering how the course actually looks right now?  Pretty good conditions, green or brown, soft or dried out?

I am an hour drive away, basically, and looking at the prices of a lot of those courses on golfnow is very tempting.  I could keep an eye out for upcoming "cold" (ha!) spells, grab an early tee time, play 18, and be back in time for a late lunch.

Very tempting.

Yes, I'm sure the photos I've posted are professionally taken during peak conditions. This time of year you won't find a course down there in A+ condition but even there B- condition is beautiful. The greens are a little hard, the fairways may have some burnt spots but nothing to bad. Silverrock and Desert Dunes were a  B+ on my scale right now while Escena was probably a C+

Yes, I'm sure the photos I've posted are professionally taken during peak conditions. This time of year you won't find a course down there in A+ condition but even there B- condition is beautiful. The greens are a little hard, the fairways may have some burnt spots but nothing to bad. Silverrock and Desert Dunes were a  B+ on my scale right now while Escena was probably a C+

Fantastic!  Keep us posted on the others if you decide to go back.

Fantastic!  Keep us posted on the others if you decide to go back.

Will do...

Note: This thread is 4283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!