Jump to content
IGNORED

Marathon Golf - The Time Is Here


Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

And I played like doodoo as well.  Putting was fine for me ... didn't make anything, but didn't 3 putt either.  Everything else, yikes.  Need to go back to the range.(86 for me)

Good news is, we played 18 and I was in the office by 9:30.

Oh, and there was a little light when we teed off ... from a full moon, and a little maintenance tractor parked in the first fairway with lights shining on the aiming stick.  The sun wasn't actually witnessed until, I believe, the 5th hole (maybe it was 4, I can't remember)

Oh, stop being so dramatic! That maintenance tractor parked in the first fairway... He was directing traffic!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Oh, stop being so dramatic! That maintenance tractor parked in the first fairway... He was directing traffic!!

LOL.  Actually, I was trying to brag ... sort of a "we do more before 9am than most people do all day" kind of thing.  And since I rarely am up and about that early, I gotta make sure I get credit for it.

And I was just worried about hurting the tractor or the guy in it ... that's why I hit my drive in the 18th fairway ... not because I stink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL.  Actually, I was trying to brag ... sort of a "we do more before 9am than most people do all day" kind of thing.  And since I rarely am up and about that early, I gotta make sure I get credit for it.

And I was just worried about hurting the tractor or the guy in it ... that's why I hit my drive in the 18th fairway ... not because I stink.

How about this... Next time we play.  I'll hit all the shots from tee to green.  You putt.  Deal? :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

How about this... Next time we play.  I'll hit all the shots from tee to green.  You putt.  Deal? :P

Not a bad idea ... we would make a decent scramble team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ejimsmith

you work out after eating?

Sometimes.  I was famished after playing golf and needed some cals.  I'd usually eat before I go to play - but didn't yesterday.  So had to eat and still get my workout in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I envy the marathon golfing experience. In the last few weeks it has gone from mid 90 degrees to the 104-105 range with high humidity. By 11 am it's already 90, but feels like it's 95 or better. The boss had us switch hours, starting at 5 am and leaving at 1 pm. By 1 it's over 100*. Plus this makes our checks short on hours, so there goes my golf allowance for the week. This is definitely the "off season". I work in a welding/ fabrication shop, so after being there for 7.5 hours a day, drenched in sweat,  I'm not really interested in standing outside for an hour or so hitting balls. The hottest part of our day comes afternoon, lately it's been a consistent 105*, but feels like 110* - 111*. I'm looking forward to mid to late September, the low 90's will feel like a cold front.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Well, how did it go today?  Or are you already "off the pace?"

Hahah... I'm dead tired.  Slept in until 7:30.  Just finished up with work (5:00)... Although I did take an extended 'lunch' today and went and hit the practice area to work on chip/pitch shots.  Now I'm going to grab some grub, and then off to the range tonight.  Gotta work on the full swing and putting (no more 3putts!)

As you know, I have a tournament tomorrow morning at Los Serranos North.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man 4:30am comes really early and that schedule would wear me down in 3 days. I usually can get out 3 work days in the morning usually tee off around 7 and we done around 10ish. We typically have at least 16 guys that play in the weekday morning groups. Actually just last week we finally had the conversation about who works where and pretty much 2 of us weren't realtors or insurance agents. The funniest part is almost all of them work out of the same real estate and insurance offices. I do have to add that all of these guys grew up in the area and have lived there for years and already had a ton of contacts so they just didn't jump into it for easy work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by colin007

Why do you shower in the morning before going golfing?

I shower every morning... No matter what I'm doing.  It helps wake me up - and clears my sinus.

I have terrible sinuses... And always wake up stuffy.  So a hot shower helps wake me up and clear my head.

8/4/12....

Woke up at 5:00 AM (Slept in ) and drove out to Chino Hills for a tournament.  I got there at 7 and worked on my putting (which has been off the last few rounds).  It worked, as I had 28 putts today... And shot a 76.  My mid to short iron play has been pretty solid, and outside of my chipping on a few holes - I was happy with the way I played.

After dropping off a friend at his house who also played... I went over to the practice range at Rancho and hit a large bucket of balls - to just groove my swing.  I hit everything flush outside of my 3-Hybrid.  The shaft in my RBZ 3-Hybrid is awful.  I really need to get it replaced.  I feel like I have to swing slow - or I'll hook or snap the shot into the ground 180yds down range.  Such an ugly shot... But outside of my 3-Hybrid issues... I was striping it.

Once I was finished with the larger range bucket... I went over to the putting/chipping area and worked on my short game from 4:30 until 6.

Just got home, jumped in the shower, ate and I'm ready to crash at 6:45. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My minds telling me to get up early tomorrow and play... But my body is telling me to sleep in!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I shower every morning... No matter what I'm doing.  It helps wake me up - and clears my sinus.

I have terrible sinuses... And always wake up stuffy.  So a hot shower helps wake me up and clear my head.

8/4/12....

Woke up at 5:00 AM (Slept in ) and drove out to Chino Hills for a tournament.  I got there at 7 and worked on my putting (which has been off the last few rounds).  It worked, as I had 28 putts today... And shot a 76.  My mid to short iron play has been pretty solid, and outside of my chipping on a few holes - I was happy with the way I played.

After dropping off a friend at his house who also played... I went over to the practice range at Rancho and hit a large bucket of balls - to just groove my swing.  I hit everything flush outside of my 3-Hybrid.  The shaft in my RBZ 3-Hybrid is awful.  I really need to get it replaced.  I feel like I have to swing slow - or I'll hook or snap the shot into the ground 180yds down range.  Such an ugly shot... But outside of my 3-Hybrid issues... I was striping it.

Once I was finished with the larger range bucket... I went over to the putting/chipping area and worked on my short game from 4:30 until 6.

Just got home, jumped in the shower, ate and I'm ready to crash at 6:45. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My minds telling me to get up early tomorrow and play... But my body is telling me to sleep in!!!

I'm the same way with showering in the morning but I think it's just a habit I've had since school not so much I need it to wake up. I also know what you mean about sinus problems but I had the dreaded surgery and it was the best thing I could have done. It's unbelievable how much better you feel after you're all healed up I mean just waking up in the morning is 10x more enjoyable. Honestly if you ever have the time it's worth giving the surgery a look and if you're lucky you might be able to get the scoped surgery which is supposed to have almost no pain.

Now back on topic... I think a marathon like you are having would burn me out in 5 days tops esepeically if you are hitting the range that much after playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8/5 Update.

I woke up at 6... Was at the course by 7:30.  I hit ~ 40 balls before my round... But really focused on my address and stance to the ball.  I made a few videos of my swing and was wrapped up at the range by 8:45.  While I only hit 40 balls... I probably made 100 swings, if not more.  Just really concentrating on feels/positions.

Tee'd off a little after 9... And was finished by 12:30.  Played pretty well, shooting another 76.

Then went and grabbed lunch.  And was back at the range by 1:30.  I hit a large bucket of balls... ~ 100 which took me an hour + to finish off.  The large bucket, I literally hit every club in my bag - minus my driver or my putter.  I would hit two consecutive shots with one club, then go to the next.  I went up and down the entire set of clubs several times.  Again, I was simply focused my address, and then on feels and positions.  Out of the entire bucket of balls... I only had ~ 10 shots that were off my intended mark.  So I was really feeling good about my session.

I then headed over to the putting green and basically did around the world putts - using four balls from 2:30 until 5.  I don't think I've ever spent that much time on the putting green in consecutive hours.  But it was so nice, and I had some fluids there in my bag to keep me hydrated.  So I just kept practicing.  Really felt good and I was hitting some great putts.

Then I headed home, did 200 presses, ate dinner... And have just been relaxing the rest of the night....   I should've went to bed an hour+ ago.  But I've been doinking around on the web, and watching golf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Welcome to TST.   Nice introduction.   We're glad you've joined.  
    • 7th hole hcp 1 (450 yard par 4 playing level) hit my driver about 320 leaving myself 130 in. High draw over the trees and back to the fairway where it widens. Missed the small green just left and nearly chipped it in for birdie. Then proceeded to magnificently miss the comeback putt for par. 
    • Welcome to The Sand Trap! Don’t forget to pick an avatar.
    • I honestly have no clue what my first scoring round was, given I was around 12 and that was over 30 years ago. Watching your swing video, for someone who has only played their fourth round, you either have a natural athletic aptitude or have been practicing a lot before going out on the course. I understand the double par limit, especially if you are playing with others, but over time you will need to play and count every shot.  I find it really focuses my game to do so.
    • Hopefully your wife doesn't read that.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. andreanewman
      andreanewman
      (29 years old)
    2. Erg
      Erg
      (54 years old)
    3. Hacker James
      Hacker James
      (79 years old)
    4. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (42 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...