IGNORED

Playing Concepts versus Swing Mechanics.

Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It won't be removed. You've violated the policies of this site and flat out lied (going so far as to pretend to be a woman) and trolled so much that you're going to have that title - and your little red circle that indicates a negative reputation - for a long time. Have a good day.

Oh, OK then! [quote name="gwlee7" url="/t/61012/playing-concepts-versus-swing-mechanics#post_752962"] Why not change it to a scarlet "T"? [/quote] Good idea! [quote name="Rocket Man" url="/t/61012/playing-concepts-versus-swing-mechanics#post_752977"]Patrick,I have read in some of your other posts that you want to discuss golf and some of your ideals.This is not being honest as to why you post your ideals and theories. You are a person that wants to be the "Giver" of great information that you fully understand and others don't and guide them down your path to golf greatness.You do not want people to question your wisdom, you want them to be impressed by it and ram it down every ones throat. You claim to shoot in the 70's and also to be a teacher .In your mind this gives you creditability and think people will be impressed by it. I don't think anyone belives that you are a teacher Patrick. For me you gave yourself away by posting pictures of one of your "Students" and asked the forum for advice on how to fix his swing!! Patrick, no teacher would do this. I think you should do yourself a favor and get some help!!   [/quote] I've been for help and I am trying to turn over a new leaf. Have you ever heard of a thing called forgiveness? I dared to question the hierarchy of this board and have been branded for life. I'm not seeking to be liked or believed, in fact, I don't give a holy. BTW, coaching is my thing, and perhaps as I don't have a major in English, my brilliance doesn't seem to shine through. Just a thought!

Originally Posted by Patrick57

I've been for help and I am trying to turn over a new leaf. Have you ever heard of a thing called forgiveness? I dared to question the hierarchy of this board and have been branded for life. I'm not seeking to be liked or believed, in fact, I don't give a holy.

BTW, coaching is my thing, and perhaps as I don't have a major in English, my brilliance doesn't seem to shine through.

Just a thought!

I have a major in English, and I can tell you language skills don't make you a better or worse troll. You're not even that good of a troll if the admins can outsmart you so easily. The big letters that say "Troll" next to your name are a dead giveaway. At least Fake WSimpson was committed, he didn't do such an amateurish job as you. And when he was found out, he had remarkable class for a fraud. By being reasonably well behaved, he's probably trolling us harder than ever.

Forgiveness is something you find in Game Improvement clubs. If you're looking for some, you won't find it here. Absolution? Go find a priest. But as Shakespeare said, "Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift". Go ponder that.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

UM, so I guess I'll get called Patrick again but is it possible to discuss the content of Patricks post and not if he's a troll or whatever. The content of the post is interesting and controversial......to me that's interesting....thats good isn't it?. I reckon it's more interesting than "Patricks a troll"... "no I'm not"!!!......."yes you are"!!!

Patrick can you elaborate on your aim and other stuff please!

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

I have a major in English, and I can tell you language skills don't make you a better or worse troll. You're not even that good of a troll if the admins can outsmart you so easily. The big letters that say "Troll" next to your name are a dead giveaway. At least Fake WSimpson was committed, he didn't do such an amateurish job as you. And when he was found out, he had remarkable class for a fraud. By being reasonably well behaved, he's probably trolling us harder than ever. Forgiveness is something you find in Game Improvement clubs. If you're looking for some, you won't find it here. Absolution? Go find a priest. But as Shakespeare said, "Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift". Go ponder that.

Sir Walter Scott wrote a wonderful piece about me... "The wretch concentred all in self. Living shall forfeit fair renoun and doubly dying shall go down, To the vile depths from whence he sprung. Unhonoured, unwept and unsung!" If this is a quoting contest, then I think I've won hands down. Go ponder yourself.

I'd say this sums you up:

If poisonous minerals, and if that tree,
Whose fruit threw death on (else immortal) us,
If lecherous goats, if serpents envious
Cannot be damn'd, alas ! why should I be ?
Why should intent or reason, born in me,
Make sins, else equal, in me more heinous ?
And, mercy being easy, and glorious
To God, in His stern wrath why threatens He ?
But who am I, that dare dispute with Thee ?
O God, O !  of Thine only worthy blood,
And my tears, make a heavenly Lethean flood,
And drown in it my sin's black memory.
That Thou remember them, some claim as debt ;
I think it mercy if Thou wilt forget.

Essentially, you can't resist the temptation to troll. You keep doing it and being punished, and it's worse because you know better. And you ask Eric for forgiveness even though you're causing trouble for him, because he has boundless patience and mercy (Except he doesn't, that's why he banned you and branded you a troll).

In My Bag:

Essentially, you can't resist the temptation to troll.

"The sky is blue the grass is green I can't wait 'til Hallow'een" I hope this will be the end of the poetry quotes. :-P

UM, so I guess I'll get called Patrick again but is it possible to discuss the content of Patricks post and not if he's a troll or whatever. The content of the post is interesting and controversial......to me that's interesting....thats good isn't it?. I reckon it's more interesting than "Patricks a troll"... "no I'm not"!!!......."yes you are"!!! Patrick can you elaborate on your aim and other stuff please!

Hi Logman, Its all so Petty. I start a thread with some substance and they all jump on my back again and again. I will discuss GAASP, and so on, when I can find some time. I'm still trying to grasp the comment about aligning the body and aiming being the same fundamental. Thats like saying stance and posture is the same thing.:-\

"The sky is blue

the grass is green

I can't wait 'til Hallow'een"

I hope this will be the end of the poetry quotes.

You forgot the commas at the end of the first 2 lines, and it's Hallowe'en, not Hallow'een. The apostrophe is used to denote a letter taken out. In this case, Hallowe'en is the festival of All Hallows' Evening, the "All" being left out, and the "Evening" being shortened to "Even" with the apostrophe replacing the "v". "Halloween", with no punctuation, is also acceptable, but since NuclearMike used up all the apostrophes in his other thread to make us aware of improper use of punctuation, I thought I'd point it out.

In My Bag:

Sir Walter Scott wrote a wonderful piece about me...

"The wretch concentred all in self.

Living shall forfeit fair renoun

and doubly dying shall go down,

To the vile depths from whence he sprung.

Unhonoured, unwept and unsung!"

If this is a quoting contest, then I think I've won hands down.

Go ponder yourself.

Really? I thought that was Willard Scott, I was confused

• Upvote 1

Constantine

You forgot the commas at the end of the first 2 lines, and it's Hallowe'en, not Hallow'een. The apostrophe is used to denote a letter taken out. In this case, Hallowe'en is the festival of All Hallows' Evening, the "All" being left out, and the "Evening" being shortened to "Even" with the apostrophe replacing the "v". "Halloween", with no punctuation, is also acceptable, but since NuclearMike used up all the apostrophes in his other thread to make us aware of improper use of punctuation, I thought I'd point it out.

To say I am impressed with the correction would be an understatement. However I would have been even more impressed if you had any comments about the original post. :-D

Formula for a sucessful golfer in the correct order...

1) GAASP

2) Concept

3) Refined swing mechanics

1001) Knowledge of D-Plane

5032) 5SK

Could have taken the thread as a non-trollish thread until this post.

I also prefer cutting grass with a lawn mower.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

1) GAASP

2) Concept

5032) 5SK

LOL  Seriously, I just shat reading this.

So what's meant by :" concept"?

Taking the above advice may lead to destruction of your golf game. Laughing at it may reduce stress.

Could have taken the thread as a non-trollish thread until this post. [COLOR=FF00AA]Formula for a sucessful golfer in the correct order... 1) GAASP 2) Concept 3) Refined swing mechanics ,,,.... 1001) Knowledge of D-Plane ...... 5032) 5SK[/COLOR]

I think the first three are the most important and 5SK is just a complicated way of explaining one and three. Knowledghe of D-Plane would help more with a physics major than the golf game. [quote name="Precis1on" url="/t/61012/playing-concepts-versus-swing-mechanics/18#post_754725"] I also prefer cutting grass with a lawn mower. [/quote] Who's stopping you?

So what's meant by :" concept"?

'Concept' - [COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]A general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences.[/COLOR][/COLOR] Our body understands and can perform better when a simple concept is put in place instead of lengthy and complicated explanations of swing mechanics etc. Beginners adopt a good posture when you use comparisons like 'goalkeeper, gun-slinger, skier etc' instead of trying to explain this using directives for every body part. I find all of the four swing concepts simplifies the mechanics and the cutting grass concept encourages golfers to perform something that they are actually doing during the practise swing. I prefer to give the command, "Jump" instead of saying, " Bend your knees and push yourself away from the ground."

• Administrator

I think the first three are the most important and 5SK is just a complicated way of explaining one and three.

Yeah, real complicated. It's even got the word "simple" right in it!

I prefer to give the command, "Jump" instead of saying, " Bend your knees and push yourself away from the ground."

The problem with that is it's not going to help someone who doesn't know how to jump.

"Make a great golf swing!" Oops.

We use feels all the time while we're teaching. You've never seemed to understand that. Heck, one of our more popular videos has Dave throwing a heavy rock.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Patrick57

1) GAASP

2) Concept

5032) 5SK

I find all of the four swing concepts simplifies the mechanics and the cutting grass concept encourages golfers to perform something that they are actually doing during the practise swing.

So you're going from Five Simple Keys down to four simple keys? I guess if I walked into a video store and saw the 5SK DVD sitting there and then saw your 4SK stuff right there next to it, I sure know which one I'd pick.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!