IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note: This thread is 3951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You're right about them always being in the "exclusions list."  **Steps up onto soap box** Titleist does have to give away A LOT of free balls to all of the professionals that use them, and someone has pay for that.  The thing is, like pro sports tix for example, they can only charge that much b/c people are willing to pay it. It's beyond me why people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket to see a football, baseball, etc. game knowing that a large chunk of that cash is going to pay the players, owners etc. millions of dollars that most of them will likely squander.  On top of that, you pay $20+ for parking, $7+ for a beer, $4+ for a hot dog, etc. and then wait an hour to get out of the parking lot when the games over.  I'd rather get a case of beer for $20, sit on my comfy couch (15 feet from the restroom) and watch the game on my big screen.....that being said, I am a capitalist and I'm not mad at "them" for charging that much if people are willing to pay it.  What was my point again.....oh yeah.....Titleist is doing the same thing. **Starts to get down off the box, but changes his mind** I do not purchase Titleist balls unless I have something to discount the price (i.e. gift card), and I don't go to pro sports events unless I'm attending for free.  Even then I sometimes pass.  I often say to people that golf is the only pro sport (I think) that even comes close to being fair (financially).  The players get paid each week in direct proportion to how well they perform; unlike other sports with guarantees that ensure players receive their five/six figure per game check whether they play or not, or whether they add value to the team or not.  I realize golfers can also make obsene amounts, but at least have to go out and earn their check each week. Thank you for your time. **Steps down off of soap box**

;-) Another smart golfer that "gets it"

I've gone to using Titleist NXT tour. I've tried the "extreme" and the "S'. I prefer the extreme.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

• Administrator
Originally Posted by RGoosen

Another smart golfer that "gets it"

Yeah, or not.

The premium balls almost all cost the same. If I wasn't playing the ball I'm playing now ($36/dozen, premium performance, not a brand you've likely ever heard of), I'd be playing a premium ball. They perform better for my game.

It'd be "not smart" of me to play a ball that does not perform at the level I need it to perform just to save a few bucks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't remember if I said this before, but a friend of mine told me that a pawn shop in town gets balls from a guy (retired) who lives beside a golf course. This guy with walk his dog everyday on the course( yes, picking up the poop) for exercise. While doing that he picks up balls he finds and sells them to the pawn shop, who cleans them and sells them - $15 dz for ProV, Penta, etc., $7 NXT, $5 Noodles and such. I thought I'd give it a try so I bought a dozen NXT for $7. They hit just fine. So far I've bought 2 dozen and had 1 ball that was "dead". Of course I get to play in my first real stroke play tournament (36 holes flighted by handicap) next weekend so I bought a dozen NEW NXT Tour. Balls are too expensive, and my game needs to come together a lot more before I by new balls all the time. I'm still in the phase of loosing 1 or 2 almost every time I play. Hopefully I won't loose any during the tournament. I'm gonna bring some of the cheapies in case I do.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Originally Posted by jaredgib

Bridgestone E6. Recently started using this based on suggestion I received while getting a new driver. Great ball.

Purchased some Bridgestone e6 because of a suggestion from a friend and haven't looked back either.

DRIVER: - 910 D3  8.5° / blk Ops stiff shaft

3 Wood:  -  913 Fd  15°

HYBRID:- :ping: -  G25 3H 20°

IRONS:  - 712 AP2, 4-7 : 714 CB - 8-PW

WEDGES - - Vokeys SM4 - 52°-GW, 56°-SW, 60°-Lob

BALLS:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

PUTTER: -  - Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

I say the moment you can hit a drive straight consistently.. then start looking for a ball. Until you have that swing plane, hip turn, etc down.. buy anything under $20 that holds more than 12 balls.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Srixon Q Star. Have some yellows in the bag now not a fan at address. Love the standard white good ball but still miss the AD333

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by iacas

Yeah, or not.

The premium balls almost all cost the same. If I wasn't playing the ball I'm playing now ($36/dozen, premium performance, not a brand you've likely ever heard of), I'd be playing a premium ball. They perform better for my game.

It'd be "not smart" of me to play a ball that does not perform at the level I need it to perform just to save a few bucks.

That used to be the case...

However, I bought Nike One Black and Tour D balls for years that were buy 2 get one free...so I would end up paying 30 dollars for a dozen balls.

Also, Taylormade TP5's are buy 2 get one free (30 dollars a dozen)  and TP3's are 2 dozen for 27.50 a piece.

IMO...what is not smart is to play a tour level ball from a manufacturer that doesn't allow discounts.  I can buy a tour level ball for 28-30 dollars that is almost identical to the Pro V1 or Pro V1x that is 45 dollars.  I guess some people have money to burn (I'm not referring to you since you don't play Pro V1's)

Originally Posted by joey23lj

nike ones

I sorely miss them

I'm down to my last 6 dozen.

Originally Posted by hanalei

I just pick up every ball I find... People leave perfectly good balls laying everywhere...

Sent from my Holographic Touch Android.

Sometimes it's not our fault!

Seriously, yesterday morning I hit a wonderful 2nd shot on a par 5.. landed on fairway.. I drive up to where the ball landed.. GONE. Had no idea where it went.

Maybe the hot sun was affecting my sight while looking for a white ball.. but yes.. lost a perfectly good ball after looking for 5 minutes.

Depressing :(.

To be fair though.. I'm really bad at following my ball during flight.. so many times I'm like 10-15 yards past or behind where my ball actually is. Lol.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Originally Posted by RouteBurner

Purchased some Bridgestone e6 because of a suggestion from a friend and haven't looked back either.

I've been using the B330-RX. Kind of pricey though. How does the e6 perform when hitting full shots into greens with your irons?

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 3951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!