IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note: This thread is 3960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Taylormade TP Black LDP's and Top Flite D2 Feels.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

Callaway Warbirds (stocked up at Dicks with them on clearance) and Titleist DT Solos.

I really want to try the new 3Up ball as they're fairly local to me (and I know someone who's doing some marketing for them), but given that I lose a sleeve+ every round, I can't stomach $40/dozen balls just yet.

Russ B.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Srixon XV is the primary, but I only carry 6. That way, if it is one of those nasty golf ball losing days, i will only allow so many good ones to slip away. My backup is the NXT Tour.

Originally Posted by School Yard Pro

Wilson 50 Elite. $19 bucks for 24 right now.

The Wilson Staff 50 Elite is an underated ball indeed.

Especially good in cooler weather.

However my go-to everyday ball is the modest Titleist DT So/Lo.....hands-down best all-around  ball for the money-especially for average swing speeds (85-90 MPH)

When I feel like splurging I'll take the V1X  (cant hit the V1 for neither love nor money!) V1X goes straighter than V1 for me and still has great feel and spin around the greens.

Originally Posted by tuffluck

Srixon XV is the primary, but I only carry 6. That way, if it is one of those nasty golf ball losing days, i will only allow so many good ones to slip away. My backup is the NXT Tour.

NXT Tour is a very good ball, indeed.

Nice combo of a distance ball and "feel" shortgame ball....but not that much better than the Titleist DT So/Lo, imo.

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

NXT Tour is a very good ball, indeed.

Nice combo of a distance ball and "feel" shortgame ball....but not that much better than the Titleist DT So/Lo, imo.

I am packing both NXTs and DT Solos... Both good balls...

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

I play a Bridgestone B330-RX.  Occasionally I play a Titleist Pro V1.  I have been considering trying a Srixon, but not sure which one fits my game. Don't know anyone who plays it.  I was thinking the Z-Star.

Pro V1X.

It took a while but I finally found that this ball works well for me. In the next tier down the Top Flite Gamer V2 wins. Hard to believe but the Gamer is probably the best ball for the money. I have been through a few boxes of Nike 20XI Xs and game them away. The Pro V1 is a good ball, but just a tad too spinny. It is probably the best feeling ball out there. I need to try the Bridgestone, but I have been playing the Pro V1X for over a year for free. I won 2 dozen at a tournament, received a dozen for my birthday, and my cousin who is Titleist Staff sent me 3 dozen.  The X is a little longer, spins great off the wedge, and doesn't balloon in the wind.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Srixon Soft Feel Tour

Nike PD Long

and always in yellow.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Dt solo always in yellow

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Normally it is a Bridgestone B330-RX. I recently ordered some Titleist Pro V1, Nike 20XI-X, and Srixon Z-Star XV at a discounted price just to try them all out.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Pro V1X.

It took a while but I finally found that this ball works well for me. In the next tier down the Top Flite Gamer V2 wins. Hard to believe but the Gamer is probably the best ball for the money. I have been through a few boxes of Nike 20XI Xs and game them away. The Pro V1 is a good ball, but just a tad too spinny. It is probably the best feeling ball out there. I need to try the Bridgestone, but I have been playing the Pro V1X for over a year for free. I won 2 dozen at a tournament, received a dozen for my birthday, and my cousin who is Titleist Staff sent me 3 dozen.  The X is a little longer, spins great off the wedge, and doesn't balloon in the wind.

Really? I've found tht the x spins too much for me everywhere, including off the tee. Sidespin is wicked when I get across it, which is probably my most consistent fault.

Bill M

The new Mizuno ball once the send me a dozen. ( hint hint). Bag is actually an orphanage for adopted balls I try out.

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

it was funny, the other day i found a bunch of balls on a couple of holes at this secluded course built around a protected forest.  i didn't want to play my srixons since i felt like i might wind up losing some of my own, so i played the ones i found instead.  i found all the big name balls mentioned already - pro v1, v1x, bridgestone b330, calloway, penta, gamer v2, and a few other randoms.  the only ball that played differently than the others was the gamer, and it was significantly shorter off the tee.  but the others were pretty much identical in performance, with the spin winner going to the v1.

i'm sure they are all a little different, but at one point i wasn't even looking at which ball i grabbed and just hitting it and going and i never really felt like any of them were superior to the others.

At the beginning of a new golf season I will clean out my bag and put in new balls that are a combination of Titleist (Pro V1 or V1x), Callaway (Hex Black or Chrome, Tour ix or iz,), and Bridgestone (Tour B330, e6, or e7). After a round with Titleist, I will usually change to Bridgestone or Callaway, and continue to rotate the different brands, unless the round with the Titleist (or whichever ball) was exceptionally good. In that case, I will continue using Titleist balls until the streak ends, then will go back to rotating different brands of balls.

My golfing partner, John (a 20+ handicapper), plays Pinnacle, Top Flite, Nike, and Titleist NXT balls, so when we find lost balls he will give me my favorite brands and I reciprocate. Any other brand goes into the water ball pocket of our golf bags for long iron or fairway wood shots over water. (No use losing a good ball to King Neptune!)

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 3960 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!