IGNORED

Best golf courses in Charleston, SC?

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kiawah Island!

Actually, I was in Charleston back in March for a golf trip. We played Charleston National (thumbs up), Links at Stono Ferry (two HUGE thumbs up), Patriots Point (don't bother - boring but has nice views), and Dunes West (thumbs up).

Of the four, Stono Ferry was, imo, the best.

http://www.stonoferrygolf.com/

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Kiawah Island!

Actually, I was in Charleston back in March for a golf trip. We played Charleston National (thumbs up), Links at Stono Ferry (two HUGE thumbs up), Patriots Point (don't bother - boring but has nice views), and Dunes West (thumbs up).

Of the four, Stono Ferry was, imo, the best.

http://www.stonoferrygolf.com/

Add Wild Dunes Links Course to that list. I agree with your post, but you must have played Patriots Point on a calm day. When the wind is blowing it plays a lot different.

Yes def Wild Dunes should be on the list.

Re PP, I really don't recall whether it was windy or not; it was just boring. No holes stood out as memorable. But the views were great of Charleston Harbor.

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Go look up kinematic sequence for the golf swing. also, even after you find an answer. What you feel happens might not match up.  like, I feel a slight torso turn and a small bit of hand stuff. The video shows full hip turn, full shoulder turn, and the club ends up near parallel for the driver and short of parallel for the irons.  the downswing, I feel much more the finish position. Stretch in the left side from hip to shoulder. Belt buckle facing the horizon more. I don’t feel the kinematic sequence of hip slide, rotation starting from the ground up. so, these questions of what happens, don’t translate to actually feeling that motion. Yet, the video can show it.
    • Looks be damned. I'm doing it next time.    
    • I found that very interesting.  I'll defer to the rules guys on here but I can't think of anything in the rules saying you need to dry your clubface if it is naturally wet.  I suppose you couldn't use a spray bottle of water any more than you can use vaseline, WD40 or 10W40.
    • “This phrase is copyrighted and any rebroadcast, retransmissions, pictures, descriptions, or accounts of this phrase without the express written permission of ChetlovesMer are prohibited.”
    • When I say "as one" I mean should you rotate them both at the same speed, so that they both will match up in their rotation on the backswing?    Reason I ask is because since the spine can rotate more than the hips, should the spine be rotated more quickly - or should you rotate them at the same pace, then when the hips reaches it's limit, keep rotating the spine until it turns 90* while the hips stay in the fixed position   Here's a pic of what I mean, you can see his spine is rotated far more than his hips, because the hips have reached their limit 
  • Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...