IGNORED

Americans and Brits Shouting!

Jimmy3putts
Note: This thread is 4182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by wadesworld

Wow.  Really?  Seriously?  Man, it's going to be hard to sleep tonight after reading that.

The same stuff will happen in Europe.

Of course we don't wear panties, nay "knickers," so we won't ask for an investigation over it, and the UK press darn sure won't report it, because, you know, those things don't happen in Europe.

BTW, how's birdman doing?

There's that Euro class!

Errr...no idea what you are talking about, must assume you are drowning your sorrows.

All best. Look forward to seeing you in Paris.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rydercup/9577684/Ryder-Cup-2012-Investigation-after-American-fans-abuse-Europes-players-wives-and-late-captain-Seve-Ballesteros.html

How's that high moral ground?

i don't ever hear the US claiming high ground, that would be the Euro's job...it is the typical arrogance that comes Europe golf all of the time. The fact of the matter is i would bring the Cup to Bethpage and turn NY loose on the euro's first chance i get...BTW when Furyk was in the middle of his meltdown and looking of putts for 10 minutes and not being able to stand over the ball without puking...those were Euro fans yelling - not that they were wrong mind you.

God I hate pussies.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

i don't ever hear the US claiming high ground, that would be the Euro's job...it is the typical arrogance that comes Europe golf all of the time. The fact of the matter is i would bring the Cup to Bethpage and turn NY loose on the euro's first chance i get...BTW when Furyk was in the middle of his meltdown and looking of putts for 10 minutes and not being able to stand over the ball without puking...those were Euro fans yelling - not that they were wrong mind you.

God I hate pussies.

Riiiigghhtttio then. So that's what it comes down to? Not out-play the Europeans but out insult them? And you are calling me a *****? What do you think New York can do that Chicago can't? Be any more insulting or loud? You may not have noticed but as soon as Europe started winning, your support essentially STFU. As for Furyk, the day you stand over a putt of the significance of anything Jim Furyk has done and not soil yourself will be a cold day in hell. Jim Furyk has achieved more in golf than you ever could wish to do, has been on winning teams and has contributed. He got done by a whisker on the 16th and that was what did for him. Kaymer then putted well.

You guys ping your team worse than we ever would - we don't look to Peter Hanson and say 'he did sweet FA'. He just didn't have it going and the people he played did and that's that. You outplayed us for two days straight, then we out-played you. That's that. End of.

God I hate pussies who bitch on and don't give credit where it's due.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Just noticed the Louis Farakhan avatar....you're a shit disturber, are you Monte?

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

Originally Posted by bigwave916

Just noticed the Louis Farakhan avatar....you're a shit disturber, are you Monte?

Nah, just seemed a bit of fun. I wanted to put that woman from Cleveland who was going on about the free Obamaphone, but she wanted paying.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Riiiigghhtttio then. So that's what it comes down to? Not out-play the Europeans but out insult them? And you are calling me a *****? What do you think New York can do that Chicago can't? Be any more insulting or loud? You may not have noticed but as soon as Europe started winning, your support essentially STFU. As for Furyk, the day you stand over a putt of the significance of anything Jim Furyk has done and not soil yourself will be a cold day in hell. Jim Furyk has achieved more in golf than you ever could wish to do, has been on winning teams and has contributed. He got done by a whisker on the 16th and that was what did for him. Kaymer then putted well.

You guys ping your team worse than we ever would - we don't look to Peter Hanson and say 'he did sweet FA'. He just didn't have it going and the people he played did and that's that. You outplayed us for two days straight, then we out-played you. That's that. End of.

God I hate pussies who bitch on and don't give credit where it's due.

i am willing to give credit...my comment was on european golf fans (and players) who cry about how they are treated, the fans are nasty blah blah blah. you can defend Furyk all you want at the end his record for the last 12 years is poor and play at then end of the US Open was weak, his play at the last 9 yesterday was weak...and he choked again. He has lost his nerve... i don't see how that is an arguement. I thought Mahan should have been on the team and him to begin with, he just proved it to be the right thought.

People get picked to produce, if you don't produce you deserve to get "pinged" i have no problem with that, i would expect it and you aren't being honest with yourself if you don't...if you choose let Hanson of the hook fair enough, i doubt you will let him off the hook if he produces the 12 year record Furyk has!!

Kaymer was awesome, to hold on in that match with the way he has played this year was amazing... i still can't believe it. Poulter was out of this world and Justin Rose should get massive amounts of credit for back to back birdies...none of that means the US didn't choke.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

i am willing to give credit...my comment was on european golf fans (and players) who cry about how they are treated, the fans are nasty blah blah blah. you can defend Furyk all you want at the end his record for the last 12 years is poor and play at then end of the US Open was weak, his play at the last 9 yesterday was weak...and he choked again. He has lost his nerve... i don't see how that is an arguement. I thought Mahan should have been on the team and him to begin with, he just proved it to be the right thought.

People get picked to produce, if you don't produce you deserve to get "pinged" i have no problem with that, i would expect it and you aren't being honest with yourself if you don't...if you choose let Hanson of the hook fair enough, i doubt you will let him off the hook if he produces the 12 year record Furyk has!!

Kaymer was awesome, to hold on in that match with the way he has played this year was amazing... i still can't believe it. Poulter was out of this world and Justin Rose should get massive amounts of credit for back to back birdies...none of that means the US didn't choke.

This is the difference between you and I, and probably between the Europeans and the US Mentality.

1. Where does the poor behaviour end? You think it's acceptable for the crowd to behave the way they do, and that when the cup is played for in two years time in Scotland, we can run your blokes through the rinse and hang 'em out to dry. We don't want to do that and we don't want to hear it or see it. That's not why we play the game. You are asking for trouble.

2. We don't care that much about the winning - it makes winning when it comes all the more enjoyable. We are a European team, we don't look at Hanson and go ''you Swedes are useless'', because in the past Jesper Parnevik and Per Ulrik Johanssen have produced. Stuff happens.

It's vile what some things are being written about Furyk and Stricker - last year, Stricker hit one of the greatest shots I've ever seen out of a fairway bunker to win a tournament - on the strength of three days poor play of his partner, he's now a bum.

Davis Love is a class act, a true gentleman, welcome over here any day of the week. As for the likes of  you, stay over there. You'd only pollute our courses.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

As for the likes of  you, stay over there. You'd only pollute our courses.

You wouldn't want a golfer who respects the game, cleans up bunkers for others if they are left undone, typically repairs 2 balls marks not one...because i don't see any problem with the way the Europeans were treated by the fans at the highest levels of the game? i have played some of the oldest and most traditional clubs in the country and never had a problem... i just don't see the fans being out of line this past weekend or other years in the Cups and I am tired of hearing the crying.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

This is the difference between you and I, and probably between the Europeans and the US Mentality.

1. Where does the poor behaviour end? You think it's acceptable for the crowd to behave the way they do, and that when the cup is played for in two years time in Scotland, we can run your blokes through the rinse and hang 'em out to dry. We don't want to do that and we don't want to hear it or see it. That's not why we play the game. You are asking for trouble.

2. We don't care that much about the winning - it makes winning when it comes all the more enjoyable. We are a European team, we don't look at Hanson and go ''you Swedes are useless'', because in the past Jesper Parnevik and Per Ulrik Johanssen have produced. Stuff happens.

It's vile what some things are being written about Furyk and Stricker - last year, Stricker hit one of the greatest shots I've ever seen out of a fairway bunker to win a tournament - on the strength of three days poor play of his partner, he's now a bum.

Davis Love is a class act, a true gentleman, welcome over here any day of the week. As for the likes of  you, stay over there. You'd only pollute our courses.

Vile... LOL that is funny. they choked - end of story. It is not just about this year (by far the worst) it is a total of the last 12 years...it is virtually imposible to form an arguement that as group, over the last 6 or 8 cups, that they have played to a reasonable expectation...heck they looked like Monty in a major with a few holes to play!!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by bigwave916

He is. I would outline it but lets just leave it at that. I blocked him because of his overall negative view on just about everything. The typical angry brit who argues the same tired arguments.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

He is. I would outline it but lets just leave it at that. I blocked him because of his overall negative view on just about everything. The typical angry brit who argues the same tired arguments.

i didn't realize this fast enough...oh well.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

About your language...basically what you are saying is that because you only interact with other English speaking persons, you can't be bothered. Look, that's arrogant. The French for example. According to BW, a bunch of *******s, legendarily rude and obnoxious, especially in Paris. But go take the time and be bothered to at least learn how to speak a few things like 'hello' or 'can I get a coffee' or 'where's is your john?'...you'll be amazed how much they appreciate it. When you speak in English to people who are in their country, you are imposing your arrogance and ignorance on them. This is why they laugh at you. Try to converse with them and at least they can see you have tried. And ya know, you have Canada to your North (large parts of Quebec speak French only) and Mexico and Latin America to your south, where Spanish and Portuguese is spoken. You really have no excuses other than "I cannot be bothered. I'm too fat and lazy and this couch is too comfortable".

I agree with some of your generalizations about american golf spectators vs. those in Europe, I mean it isn't really a matter for serious debate imho.  The crass element in the U.S. - many of them have little serious interest in golf imo - is growing larger in the U.S. and is a real problem even though it's still a small number in absolute terms - those who run golf tournaments should grow a pair and do something serious about it.  A bunch of w**k*rs, as we used to say in school - both those who yell so crudely and those who let them get away with it.  But truly, is it also a growing problem there would you say?

I have lived half my life in Europe, mostly in SE England (for 25 yrs) including prep sch/boarding sch/Uni/graduate sch, first postdoc and first job.  I have travelled widely in Europe and elsewhere in the past 60 years.  So I know a thing or two about the brits when it comes to facility with languages vis-a-vis other Europeans.  Let's just say, and unless things have RADICALLY changed over there, that the brits are at or near the bottom of the European League when it comes to speaking other languages with any sort of facility.  I am talking here about your average brit, not some subset or other (professional, managerial, Uni).  Compared with the average dutchman or german or swiss or ...... well they don't really come close.  Now the french, bless them and I wouldn't want it any different, are not much better than the brits.  This is not a value judgement, it is just the way it  ..... demographics.  The brits at least have the excuse of being an Island nation ......

But you are correct: if you wish to be treated warmly in France or Germany or Holland or wherever, you need to parlez a bit of francais/deutsch/etc and try not to botch it up too much.  Your good faith efforts will be appreciated (OK, perhaps somewhat less on the streets of Paris), and there's a good chance they'll come back at you with quite decent english.

Cheers,  C.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

You are hurting, right?

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Originally Posted by Chas

I agree with some of your generalizations about american golf spectators vs. those in Europe, I mean it isn't really a matter for serious debate imho.  The crass element in the U.S. - many of them have little serious interest in golf imo - is growing larger in the U.S. and is a real problem even though it's still a small number in absolute terms - those who run golf tournaments should grow a pair and do something serious about it.  A bunch of w**k*rs, as we used to say in school - both those who yell so crudely and those who let them get away with it.  But truly, is it also a growing problem there would you say?

I have lived half my life in Europe, mostly in SE England (for 25 yrs) including prep sch/boarding sch/Uni/graduate sch, first postdoc and first job.  I have travelled widely in Europe and elsewhere in the past 60 years.  So I know a thing or two about the brits when it comes to facility with languages vis-a-vis other Europeans.  Let's just say, and unless things have RADICALLY changed over there, that the brits are at or near the bottom of the European League when it comes to speaking other languages with any sort of facility.  I am talking here about your average brit, not some subset or other (professional, managerial, Uni).  Compared with the average dutchman or german or swiss or ...... well they don't really come close.  Now the french, bless them and I wouldn't want it any different, are not much better than the brits.  This is not a value judgement, it is just the way it  ..... demographics.  The brits at least have the excuse of being an Island nation ......

But you are correct: if you wish to be treated warmly in France or Germany or Holland or wherever, you need to parlez a bit of francais/deutsch/etc and try not to botch it up too much.  Your good faith efforts will be appreciated (OK, perhaps somewhat less on the streets of Paris), and there's a good chance they'll come back at you with quite decent english.

Cheers,  C.

Things haven't changed, we are still awful as a nation when it comes to speaking other languages (and some would say English).

The French have improved out of sight in how prepared they are to converse in English.

Mind you I'm not saying I was much of a linguist when I left England in '83 for points west, except that I'd lived in Germany for 5 years - an fair comparison perhaps.

But chaps, I have been to a few soccer games in the SE - e.g. the Hammers vs. Chelsea in the early 70's, a truly amazing exhibition of viciousness on the stands - and I saw what a British Rail train looked like after a Scottish football crowd had disembarked on their way to Wembley.  Completely trashed.  And I'm talking TO Wembley, not FROM Wembley.

So no, when it comes to hooliganism in national sports, the Yanks are in the Third Division (or whatever they call that now) while you guys are Premier League - the real "Champs".  Remind me how many British soccer teams have been banned from play on the Continent in the past 20 years???

But this is chalk and cheese, we're talking golf here so "I ask the jury to disregard that last remark".

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!