IGNORED

Americans and Brits Shouting!

Jimmy3putts
Note: This thread is 4201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

And, for the benefit of the disabled, I'll repeat my position. What you do this week, what you think is OK, what you allow, gets magnified in two years. That's my issue. It ends up getting stupid, childish, like that cretin who was making Hannibal Lecter sucking noises as Rose lined up his bunker shot.

And then two years after that it gets worse. To the point that it's probably going to be considered not worth playing.

I'm not worked up over the cretin's in your crowd, but I fail to see how you can just let them get on with it. That's just letting your standards of behavior fail the game.

At the next Ryder cup, there will be rude behavior displayed by some Euro fans that will not result in them getting kicked out or thrown in jail.  If you don't believe that, you're simply unwilling to acknowledge the truth.

I think he's saying it's significantly worse in in the U.S. than in Yurp, presumably based on TV evidence - not that it never happens over there. I'm inclined to agree but I haven't made a study of it. Something needs to be done about the worst offenders over here, that I can say with confidence. But the PGA and the commercial interests haven't got the *alls, obviously.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Actually that was an Irish newspaper. An investigation eh? Good luck with that.

At the Olympics, we had a number of incidents - they all got dealt with the culprits being thrown out and locked up. I look forward to whoever shouted this getting the same treatment...oh wait. Too late. Snap.

I'd respond to the comments regarding arrogance and stereotyping but I have to reset my sarcasm detector and recalibrate my chuckle-o-meter.

And, for the benefit of the disabled, I'll repeat my position. What you do this week, what you think is OK, what you allow, gets magnified in two years. That's my issue. It ends up getting stupid, childish, like that cretin who was making Hannibal Lecter sucking noises as Rose lined up his bunker shot.

And then two years after that it gets worse. To the point that it's probably going to be considered not worth playing.

I'm not worked up over the cretin's in your crowd, but I fail to see how you can just let them get on with it. That's just letting your standards of behavior fail the game.

Yes, it was indeed an Irish newspaper to which I wrote about the story.  Simon Lewis, specifically (probably a distant cousin of mine).  Congrats on solving that puzzle...we all wondered where the "Irish Examiner" was published.

If you were referring to my comment about the investigation reported in the "British papers", you're eyes might be nearly as bad as your ears.  I didn't say the Irish Examiner was a British paper.  I said that the British papers were reporting that there was an investigation about the incident.  Did you read the article in the Irish Examiner?  Did you read all of it?  Did you see ANYTHING in it about an investigation?  Anywhere?  No?  Hmmm.  Well I wonder if you were just guilty AGAIN of making false assumptions?  Ya think?  Ya think it's possible I was talking about THIS paper

(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rydercup/9577684/Ryder-Cup-2012-Investigation-after-American-fans-abuse-Europes-players-wives-and-late-captain-Seve-Ballesteros.html)

and not the Irish Examiner when I said "British papers" were reporting an investigation?

As for your comment about "the cretin's in your crowd", again you act like it's ONLY in America when, in fact, we've already demonstrated that there are just as many cretins in England's crowd at the Olympics.  You really have trouble with this idea that you're equal to everyone else, don't you?  I mean, you'll make a comment every now and then about how it's not JUST Americans, but then you fall back on the "your crowd" crap even though it was an INTERNATIONAL audience on that course.

You probably didn't read the article (any more than you noticed that there was nothing in the Irish Examiner about an investigation) so I'll summarize a few things.

1.  Fans were ejected for yelling obscenities at the Ryder Cup.

2.  The tournament director didn't know of any obscenities relating to Seve and no formal complaints had been made.

3.  The director will be speaking to officials and marshals to get the facts and identify the culprit.

Though nobody knows who this culprit was or what happened to him, you and a few reporters suffer from the same "I know everything" arrogance that allows you to use your psychic powers to know that (1) he was an American (despite the non-American 'accent') and (2) he was allowed to remain on the course after the incident.

We know that fans were ejected for yelling obscenities.  It's in the story.  We don't know what happened to this guy specifically.  NONE of us.  Not me, not you.  So stop trying to act like this guy got away with murder.  I don't believe you're dumb enough to believe that if it WASN'T in the paper then it means it didn't happen.

Since NOBODY seems to know who this guy was or what happened to him, can you please tell me how you know he was an American?  Oh, I know...because only Americans were there supporting the American team, right?

As for the comments about stereotypes, if you believe them all then you're either a West Country inbred or you're someone who couldn't keep up with the pace of work life in the city so you moved west where you can grow your own veggies and minimize your carbon footprint while you sit back and criticize everyone who lives in the real world.

There's no room for stereotypes or racism (there is no difference) in golf, or any sport for that matter.  It's a demonstration of ignorance to think that everyone from one place is the same.  To say otherwise is to admit that those West Country stereotypes are indeed right on target.

Originally Posted by Chas

I think he's saying it's significantly worse in in the U.S. than in Yurp, presumably based on TV evidence - not that it never happens over there. I'm inclined to agree but I haven't made a study of it.

Something needs to be done about the worst offenders over here, that I can say with confidence. But the PGA and the commercial interests haven't got the *alls, obviously.

When's the last time you heard an American crowd get blasted in the media for yelling racist chants at a football player?  And yeah, football isn't golf, but we don't allow that at our football games in America so if they allow it at their football games in England I guess that says a lot about the British fans.

Or maybe they're isolated incidents that occur everywhere, no matter the location, no matter the nationality of the moron perpetrating the act, and they are all dealt with accordingly but because we don't see anyone being executed for the offenses we have a tendency to assume that they got away with something.

The problem here is people making assumptions when they don't have all the facts.  We know from the video how the fans around him reacted based on the crowd noise and we read the same thing in the paper, so the comments about it being a problem with American fans just sounds even more stupid (if that's possible).  Since we know people were ejected for profanity, it was being dealt with exactly as it should have and exactly as people on here (even the West Country delegation) have suggested.

I will say that Monte is probably the typical headline reader and gets a lot of his (mis)information from the media that portrays things in a way to sell papers. I am really over the ryder cup loss. Pretty much about 1 hour after I was like oh well. It would have been nice for the US to win but it is no big deal. I have a life that doesn't survive on other peoples achievements.

The same verbal abuse goes on everywhere there are sport venues and alcohol available.. Too bad you have such a superiority complex Monte, it is making you an unhappy man.... Everyone everywhere against you... I think you bring the hate on yourself.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/ryder-cup-graeme-mcdowells-girlfriend-kristin-stape-targeted-by-abusive-golf-fans-16218810.html

Wow, abusing Rose's father's cancer...that's as low as you can go.

Dave, nice post, but look, there won't be an investigation result. It's done. You ****ed it up over there.

I'm not from the West Country - I choose to live here because it's better than London, believe it or not. I mean, you choose to live near Phoenix, which I understand has a pretty high crime rate. I'd rather not subject my family to those standards of behaviour. And it's close to a good airport, which means I can fly to other countries, and ya know, grab some culture that the West Country doesn't have. The only main issues I have is to choose which links course I should play today.

Valleygolfer, if you are too dumb to acknowledge that this type of behaviour is not good for the game, I feel bad for you. And for the game.

You guys, despite your protests and insults, must be hurting to want it that badly. Poor show.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/ryder-cup-graeme-mcdowells-girlfriend-kristin-stape-targeted-by-abusive-golf-fans-16218810.html

Wow, abusing Rose's father's cancer...that's as low as you can go.

Dave, nice post, but look, there won't be an investigation result. It's done. You ****ed it up over there.

I'm not from the West Country - I choose to live here because it's better than London, believe it or not. I mean, you choose to live near Phoenix, which I understand has a pretty high crime rate. I'd rather not subject my family to those standards of behaviour. And it's close to a good airport, which means I can fly to other countries, and ya know, grab some culture that the West Country doesn't have. The only main issues I have is to choose which links course I should play today.

Valleygolfer, if you are too dumb to acknowledge that this type of behaviour is not good for the game, I feel bad for you. And for the game.

You guys, despite your protests and insults, must be hurting to want it that badly. Poor show.

LMFAO.  Wow, so now you're arrogant enough to think we give a crap about your grades for our posts?  Bad enough you tell me we have a high crime rate in Phoenix, as though a city that takes an hour to drive from one side to the other is all the same in every part???  Brilliant Monte.  And you have the balls to call someone else "dumb".  You really don't get it, do you?  You really think that it's a coincidence that you don't have anyone supporting your arguments in here?  There's plenty of other Brits in this forum.  I wonder why they don't back up all your anti-American sentiment and stereotypes that you're throwing around.

Originally Posted by dave67az

LMFAO.  Wow, so now you're arrogant enough to think we give a crap about your grades for our posts?  Bad enough you tell me we have a high crime rate in Phoenix, as though a city that takes an hour to drive from one side to the other is all the same in every part???  Brilliant Monte.  And you have the balls to call someone else "dumb".  You really don't get it, do you?  You really think that it's a coincidence that you don't have anyone supporting your arguments in here?  There's plenty of other Brits in this forum.  I wonder why they don't back up all your anti-American sentiment and stereotypes that you're throwing around.

Dave, take time to wipe that little bit of foam that's running down your chin and try to think. I know it's hard, but try.

London is a city that takes an hour to drive from one side to the other. If you look on a map, you will see this. They have guns there as well, not as many as you guys, granted, but they do. It's a dump, a shithole, a sewer. So is Paris, frankly, but you asked why I live in the West Country. I live here because life is good and there's no crime. You choose to live in Arizona, in Phoenix, which tome is a desert-bound shithole, filled with rednecks. Each to their own. Yours could be worse: you could be a shithole like Flint or Newark or Trenton or Akron. At least your weather is good.

I'm not anti-American. I'm anti-American yobbo, anti-American imbecile. I'd like to think you were too, but you strike me as someone not educated enough to know the limits of good taste. And just one thing for you to consider - are you sure I'm a Brit? Is that the reason I'm not calling or bothered by back-up? You are one myopic fool, Dave.

Have another go. It still won't change the somewhat sordid behaviour of your fans or the result. Dry your eyes mate.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Monte I don't argue with idiots. I merely state the same thing over again in different ways to you. You are a unhappy person that perceivably (sp? ) hates people different than you in any way. You sit behind your computer thinking you are so witty and smart, breaking your arm patting yourself on the back on how you are "winning " arguments or irritating people so well. It reality it only clarifies the truly "dumb" one here.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Monte I don't argue with idiots. I merely state the same thing over again in different ways to you. You are a unhappy person that perceivably (sp? ) hates people different than you in any way. You sit behind your computer thinking you are so witty and smart, breaking your arm patting yourself on the back on how you are "winning " arguments or irritating people so well. It reality it only clarifies the truly "dumb" one here.

What is this, Dr Phil??!

A waste of bandwidth arguing with the like of you.

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

What is this, Dr Phil??!

A waste of bandwidth arguing with the like of you.

True statements are difficult to argue with Monte.

Ignore him, he is all that is bad in the game of golf.

Pheonix a crime ridden hellhole filled with rednecks...awesome you should have deleted him from you memory at that point. jeez he didn't even mention the mexicans....he must realize somebody needs to cut the grass and take care of the pools!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Quote:
You choose to live in Arizona, in Phoenix, which tome is a desert-bound shithole, filled with rednecks.

Clearly, despite your claims of worldly knowledge, you have no idea what you're talking about, which explains a lot of your posts.

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

Quote:

Ignore him, he is all that is bad in the game of golf.

Pheonix a crime ridden hellhole filled with rednecks...awesome you should have deleted him from you memory at that point. jeez he didn't even mention the mexicans....he must realize somebody needs to cut the grass and take care of the pools!!

I actually have him blocked however it still shows on tapatalk. I guess the blocking feature is not available for that.

Stop feeding the troll.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

A few stats for any other misinformed folks from England (in case idiocy is a growing trend).  When I lived in England I heard a lot more about crime from my neighbors than I did from the folks who live around me now in America.  Turns out there's a good reason.

You're about 25% more likely to be a victim of crime in the U.K. than in the U.S.

Specifically, you're more than twice as likely to be raped in the U.K., and you're about 2-1/2 times as likely to be assaulted.

Only an idiot would assume that just because we have more crimes means you're more likely to be a victim in the U.S. than in the U.K.

Of course we have more crime.  We also have more people.  We also have more car thefts because we have more cars.  And yeah, we also have more guns so we have more gun crimes.  But for the most part, it's criminals killing other criminals and even those crimes affect a very small percentage of the population (about 9 people in every 100,000 per year).

Oh, not to mention the drug crime stats.  Maybe you should clean up a little.  183,000 drug crimes per 100,000 people?  That's more than one per person.  But the fact that you're high probably explains a lot.

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime

Care to pick another topic on which to launch a verbal assault on Americans after which we can prove you, yet again, don't know what you're talking about?

You failed on sports.  You failed on fan behavior.  You failed on crime.  Care to take a stab at dental care?

Note: This thread is 4201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!