Jump to content
IGNORED

Americans and Brits Shouting!


Jimmy3putts
 Share

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty

Another person who has not been taught history very well.

For me it wasn't history.  I was small but I remember well because I have reasons to remember well.  I'll stick by my original statement.  Not much of Europe would have been free without the USA.  So if you don't like american shouting at golf matches, that is OK with me.  But calling someone ignorant isn't OK with me, especially after the sacrifices some Americans made to supply a blockaded England and occupied Europe proper and then later a lot of blood and treasure to defeat Nazi Germany.  So shorty, maybe you're the one that ought to read a history book.  I not short changing any of the England's or any other country's own sacrifices, but without the USA the world would look a lot different today and England/the resistance in Europe could not have stopped it by themselves.

But I'm finished commenting here and you can either believe what you want or you can look the history up for yourself. Really doesn't matter to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm not surprised by the political debates, or debates about crime, or the who has a bigger shaft competition in this thread, or who saved who in what war.

I'm just surprised that this has gone on for 14 pages without being given up on or forgotten about.

Thanks for the entertainment though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by dave67az

A few stats for any other misinformed folks from England (in case idiocy is a growing trend).  When I lived in England I heard a lot more about crime from my neighbors than I did from the folks who live around me now in America.  Turns out there's a good reason.

You're about 25% more likely to be a victim of crime in the U.K. than in the U.S.

Specifically, you're more than twice as likely to be raped in the U.K., and you're about 2-1/2 times as likely to be assaulted.

Only an idiot would assume that just because we have more crimes means you're more likely to be a victim in the U.S. than in the U.K.

Of course we have more crime.  We also have more people.  We also have more car thefts because we have more cars.  And yeah, we also have more guns so we have more gun crimes.  But for the most part, it's criminals killing other criminals and even those crimes affect a very small percentage of the population (about 9 people in every 100,000 per year).

Oh, not to mention the drug crime stats.  Maybe you should clean up a little.  183,000 drug crimes per 100,000 people?  That's more than one per person.  But the fact that you're high probably explains a lot.

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime

Care to pick another topic on which to launch a verbal assault on Americans after which we can prove you, yet again, don't know what you're talking about?

You failed on sports.  You failed on fan behavior.  You failed on crime.  Care to take a stab at dental care?

Thanks for the info, Dave. Of course, the UK is a tiny island, about the size of Oregon, but we have 70,000,000 people in it. Which is a lot. Many of these people are idle,lazy, stupid halfwits looking for a handout. Mitt Romney knows this type of people - he reckons 47% of Americans are like this.

Tell ya what, Statmeister, do this.

You go get the crime stats on your 20 most violent cities (I think Phoenix is in there somewhere), and I'll go get the crime stats on the UK's 20 most violent cities. We can then have a full on cock-waving competition and I'll pull some bullshit stat out of my ass as if it means something. Like how our drug offences are higher because we have more dope here (we're kinda like nearly on the same bus as the Dutch). Or I could argue that despite your protestations that the UK is waaayy more dangerous than the US, you have 25 times more prisoners than us, that I am 58 times more likely to be murdered by a youth in the US, 3 times more likely to lose my car in the US,  and  668 times more likely to be shot dead in the US. Go figure. Shall we mention the suicide figures? Nah, that's as distasteful as mentioning Justin Rose's father's cancer.

We can all pull stats, Dave. Next time you do it though, just make them up and sound more authoritative - that's what your politicians do and it seems to work for you.

As for the drug thing, we can't thank you enough for doing all you are doing in the drug war with the Mexicans and Colombians, we can't thank you enough for the God-given invention of Crack - keep on fighting the good fight and being as successful at it as you are. Oddly enough, on the day that the city of Manchester came to a halt because we were burying two policewomen who were shot and blown up with arms sent over from the Balkans, I note you lost a couple of Border Patrol guys. Let me know when Phoenix comes to a standstill when they get buried - I'll then know that your community is as outraged by an act like that as ours is. On the other hand, I think in all probability, you are just desensitised by gun crime. It's part of your lifestyle, and please, before you go on, I lived in Dearborn for 18 months - I know about people getting ****ed over.

So, Dave. You failed in sports (you lost). You failed in fan behaviour (that Rose thing...that's just so low I can't believe you feel this is acceptable). You failed on crime. You resorted to cultural stereotyping (poor teeth eh? HOW original!! What a wit!!). But you want another argument...how can I once again reach deep inside myself, drag out my inner-prick and have a pop at you?

Oh yeah. You're woman are fat. How's that for the next argument? I mean, REALLLY FAT. Gargantuan. Vast. Sea Monsters. Tug Boats. Vast sponges of cholestorol and adipose tissue. What's an American woman's dream home? One that is placed smack bang between a Krispy Kreme outlet and a Burger King - in fact the day that someone invents a Dunkin' Donut crossed with a cheeseburger...this would make it one less decision to make as she slides her vast carcass out of the Laz-e-boy, reaches for a phone and calls for a Luther Burger.

I could do this all day, but I'm not gonna post any more, Dave. You are an idiot and I can feel your idiocy beginning to sap the life out of my frontal lobe.

All best.

MtB

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

You would have a point regarding the European football crowds if we were discussing football. We are not. I once watched NFL in Cleveland in the Dog Pound...what was that about obnoxious fans? BTW and FYI, probably the worst sets of Football fans in the world are located...in the Americas, in Argentina. Go watch a Boca Juniors game and take same diapers and kevlar.

You were once on a train in Italy, were you? Good for you. By all accounts, Mussolini had them running on time once, but then you guys showed up and messed it all up (that's a joke by the way). Loud Americans wisecracking...we've all met them. Don't see so many of them about these over here.

About your language...basically what you are saying is that because you only interact with other English speaking persons, you can't be bothered. Look, that's arrogant. The French for example. According to BW, a bunch of *******s, legendarily rude and obnoxious, especially in Paris. But go take the time and be bothered to at least learn how to speak a few things like 'hello' or 'can I get a coffee' or 'where's is your john?'...you'll be amazed how much they appreciate it. When you speak in English to people who are in their country, you are imposing your arrogance and ignorance on them. This is why they laugh at you. Try to converse with them and at least they can see you have tried. And ya know, you have Canada to your North (large parts of Quebec speak French only) and Mexico and Latin America to your south, where Spanish and Portuguese is spoken. You really have no excuses other than "I cannot be bothered. I'm too fat and lazy and this couch is too comfortable".

Please. In three weeks time (if you have not started a war with another set of Arabs), I'll be in the Middle East on business. In a place where, believe me, they dislike Westerners. But I've taken the time and trouble to learn the customs and some of the language. I'll be fine.

Hypocrisy at it's finest, no surprises considering where you come from. You actually want people speaking the #1 language in the world to learn laungages before they go on vacation.

I'm glad you know so many languages because who knows who will be capturing your conuntry if the USA stops bailing you out.For sure you would be speaking German if it wasn't for us,

WW1 and WW2

Honestly I can't say what our crowds do in your defination of Football but our Football is the highest rated sport in the world, been to multiple games in multiple cities.

It's ok though I understand, you are what americans refer to as cigarettes.

Your statement...  In a place where, believe me, they dislike Westerners. Honestly I can't see anyone liking you, don't come back to US you كنت ما دعوة بريطانية سيجارة.

Reply if and when you can translate that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Joakim

Hypocrisy at it's finest, no surprises considering where you come from. You actually want people speaking the #1 language in the world to learn laungages before they go on vacation.

I'm glad you know so many languages because who knows who will be capturing your conuntry if the USA stops bailing you out.For sure you would be speaking German if it wasn't for us,

WW1 and WW2

Honestly I can't say what our crowds do in your defination of Football but our Football is the highest rated sport in the world, been to multiple games in multiple cities.

It's ok though I understand, you are what americans refer to as cigarettes.

Your statement...  In a place where, believe me, they dislike Westerners. Honestly I can't see anyone liking you, don't come back to US you كنت ما دعوة بريطانية سيجارة.

Reply if and when you can translate that.

Another triumph of the American College system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Joakim

Hypocrisy at it's finest, no surprises considering where you come from. You actually want people speaking the #1 language in the world to learn laungages before they go on vacation.

I'm glad you know so many languages becau

English is #3.

You are a prime example of the stereotype that people in other countries abhor.

Noone thinks you should learn another language - just a few phrases - and realise that if you are in a  foreign country where English is not the main language, speaking loudly and slowly does not help that much when you refuse to even try to acknowledge that your French or whatever is poor. It's the unsmiling, brash and selfish foreigners that people in other countries despise. Walk into a store in New York and start speaking Arabic or Chinese and then double the volume when the assistant can't understand you and see what sort of reception you get. ANd some [eople have the gall to call the French "arrogant".

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Shorty

English is #3.

You are a prime example of the stereotype that people in other countries abhor.

Noone thinks you should learn another language - just a few phrases - and realise that if you are in a  foreign country where English is not the main language, speaking loudly and slowly does not help that much when you refuse to even try to acknowledge that your French or whatever is poor. It's the unsmiling, brash and selfish foreigners that people in other countries despise. Walk into a store in New York and start speaking Arabic or Chinese and then double the volume when the assistant can't understand you and see what sort of reception you get. ANd some [eople have the gall to call the French "arrogant".

Why are you long time TSTers even entertaining this? There are uneducated, stereotypical morons in every country around the world; period. Why try and debate the topic or single out exactly who those morons are? To me, it's like pointing out a turd and trying to describe it to someone. At the end of the day, it is a turd and you are spending time that you could invest into something more worthwhile... debating a turd?

I guess I just have the ability to click a switch in my brain and shut down when encountered by stupidity or nonsense. I can't entertain it. I will state some facts to begin with, like I did much earlier on in this thread; but that's all they get. I'm not providing intelligence and facts to unwilling recipients who will continue through their uninformed life with their narrow-sighted tunnel of ignorance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by dsc123

Where is Erik?  This is a prime thread for him to end with a

It's not even 'Off Topic'... it just should have never been started in the manner that it was started in to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post

It's not even 'Off Topic'... it just should have never been started in the manner that it was started in to begin with.

The original post was:

Quote:
So what does everyone think of Americans shouting utterly stupid remarks when someone tees off. 550 yds par 5 and wait for it "Get in the hole" or "Mashed potato". Doesn't seem to happen in European events or other tours around the world.

The discussion of the behavior of ryder cup fans was tangentially related to that.  There was some discussion of someone yelling about Seve.  Now its a shouting match over whether american's should learn some French phrases before they visit Paris or whether the Parisians should just thank them for WWII, or whether the US or UK has worse crime statistics.  I think you've got to go back to page 10 or so to find a point where half the posts were on topic.

Then shorty chimes in when as if someone from a country with roots as Brittan's penal colony has any moral standing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

Where is Erik?  This is a prime thread for him to end with a

It's not even 'Off Topic'... it just should have never been started in the manner that it was started in to begin with.

No $#!%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Easy chaps/guys. We can all come up with cultural stereotypes about people from different countries that have some truth to them. So what? Is Erik playing in a tourney or something? At any rate I won't contribute further. This thread has gone south.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Another triumph of the American College system.

Quote by shorty.

English is #3.

You are a prime example of the stereotype that people in other countries abhor.

Noone thinks you should learn another language - just a few phrases - and realise that if you are in a foreign country where English is not the main language, speaking loudly and slowly does not help that much when you refuse to even try to acknowledge that your French or whatever is poor. It's the unsmiling, brash and selfish foreigners that people in other countries despise. Walk into a store in New York and start speaking Arabic or Chinese and then double the volume when the assistant can't understand you and see what sort of reception you get. ANd some [eople have the gall to call the French "arrogant".

Come with facts, not conjecture....

Monte- USA has 16 of top 25 universities. Majority of your posts contain, moron, idiot, stupid and insults about of fans in sporting events,our opinions, our relationship with Arabs and that we are ignorant because we don't learn languages of the countries we visit. I'll make this easy for you so you don't have to get a dictionary, just go to your nearest mirror and you will find the defination of your comments. No problem I understand it's your culture and you excel at this. Your point about Arab hates us? You are talking about Arabs that abducted 4 planes that killed the most people in history. However we still are not prejudace against them here, with mimimal exceptions we treat them with respect.

We have the most diverse culture in the World. We have the most foreign visitors in the world. All of our US communication is translated in Spanash and has options for almost all of the worlds languages. In all my life I have never seen negative reaction to visitors that don't speak english. They go out of their way to help us.

Bottom line, we can agree to disagree on blogs without derogatory comments.

I know you would never see this type of stuff in the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Joakim

FIXME: needs styling from "post-user-info"

Shorty

Quote by shorty.

English is #3.

You are a prime example of the stereotype that people in other countries abhor.

Noone thinks you should learn another language - just a few phrases - and realise that if you are in a foreign country where English is not the main language, speaking loudly and slowly does not help that much when you refuse to even try to acknowledge that your French or whatever is poor. It's the unsmiling, brash and selfish foreigners that people in other countries despise. Walk into a store in New York and start speaking Arabic or Chinese and then double the volume when the assistant can't understand you and see what sort of reception you get. ANd some [eople have the gall to call the French "arrogant".

Come with facts, not conjecture....

Monte- USA has 16 of top 25 universities. Majority of your posts contain, moron, idiot, stupid and insults about of fans in sporting events,our opinions, our relationship with Arabs and that we are ignorant because we don't learn languages of the countries we visit. I'll make this easy for you so you don't have to get a dictionary, just go to your nearest mirror and you will find the defination of your comments. No problem I understand it's your culture and you excel at this. Your point about Arab hates us? You are talking about Arabs that abducted 4 planes that killed the most people in history. However we still are not prejudace against them here, with mimimal exceptions we treat them with respect.

We have the most diverse culture in the World. We have the most foreign visitors in the world. All of our US communication is translated in Spanash and has options for almost all of the worlds languages. In all my life I have never seen negative reaction to visitors that don't speak english. They go out of their way to help us.

Bottom line, we can agree to disagree on blogs without derogatory comments.

I know you would never see this type of stuff in the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Monte the Bear

Another triumph of the American College system.

Oh BTW, I never finished College. I was making to much money. Opened a business at 27 and opened and ran 5 very successful businesses. Managed hundreds of workers and managers. I was branch Manager of largest Electronics manufacture in the world, majority managing who were Asain. I funded it starting with 400 dollars and turned it into 60,000 by betting on sports which requires knowing trends and emotions. Voted into who's who of young buisness entrepenuers. Never was called a moron but was told by many I was the best boss they ever had.

To your point, I am fluent in Spanish, speak some Vietnamese and Mandirin. Never been to France, but I hope they don't spit in my water if I can't ask for it in French.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I used to play with a number of people.   My mother got so frustrated because she couldn't win that I caught her cheating.   Still, great game.
    • Some good trends overall.   Hot spots moving north and west though   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html Reports of new cases continue to trend steadily downward. Around 86,000 cases are being identified each day, down from more than 160,000 daily at the beginning of September. While most of the country is rebounding from the summer case surge, trouble spots remain. Colorado, Vermont and Michiganare among a handful of states seeing sustained case growth. The situation continues to improve in the South, the region that suffered the worst this summer. Florida now has one of the lowest average daily case rates in the country.  
    • Hello and welcome to TST. First a suggestion, a request really, please use paragraph breaks so it’s easier on the eyes to read.😉 We have a great section here called ‘Members Swings’ where you can post videos of your swing and get some great free advice. You need to find your priority piece first. Rather than long irons or driver, you need to focus on specific areas then find the very specific piece to work on. 
    • 95 today at Harbour Pointe from the whites.  My son was my playing partner, so we were more in the test and see mode than really tying to shoot our best scores.  I also pulled the old Wilson Killer Whale driver out as I hit it well at the range last Saturday.  To be honest this was a mistake on my part.  Was all over the fairway - left, right, middle.  Never really knew where it was going to go.  The G400 went back in the bag when I got home.  Scoring wise nothing to report.  Putting was okay, total of 37 (a lot of "long" first putts, but thankfully very short 2nd putts).  Approach work was better, but due to the craziness of the driver I spent most of the round working out of tough lies from errant tee shots to where almost every hole was trying to get up and down for par....scrambling golf for sure.  
    • The old adage "Think long, think wrong" definitely applies.  There is no time to think as now you are completing the swing.   For me, I try to be quiet in mind instead focusing on repeating the proper swing mechanics.  
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Aldo Aitken
      Aldo Aitken
      (31 years old)
    2. Also Aitken
      Also Aitken
      (31 years old)
    3. CJK
      CJK
      (63 years old)
    4. Coffin-dodger
      Coffin-dodger
      (71 years old)
    5. colin007
      colin007
      (42 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...