IGNORED

Americans and Brits Shouting!

Jimmy3putts
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dave67az

I hear ya and I do understand.  I mean, with all the arguing, bickering, and petty insults being thrown around right now (I HATE election years) I think a lot of us are tired of hearing about what sucks in this country.  The negativity from both sides is hard to ignore.  Add to that an inflammatory thread title and a few comments that probably weren't very well thought out (ahem) and I can see why you reacted that way.  So no harm taken.  Just know that Jimmy's initial comments certainly don't represent anything I heard, saw, or felt when I was there, that's for sure.

I've been out for so little compared to how long I was in (22 years active, retired now for 18 months) that I still feel like I'm in.  I could step back into my job and still do it as well as I did it last year (or so I think).  I do miss it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  And every time I get thanked, I turn it right back around.  It's the thankful people, the ones that actually appreciate the military, that make it all worthwhile (and I'm pretty sure anyone who has served who has been thanked by someone feels the same way).  You guys make it easier for us tolerate the idiots (like the funeral protestors from that church whose name I won't even mention).  So thank you!  :-)

haha yes i understand.my grandfather served in ww2, twice in korea, vietnam, and left covered in medals. so I'm am very defensive over my country and the men who protect it.

Hey, that's no fair!

I thought mine was the longest word ever (remembered that from high school English class back in the 80s).

Guess I should have Googled first eh?  :-)

Or have gone to a psychiatrist regarding your extreme fear of large words! I can tell that you have a good sense of humor and I originally used disestablishmentarianism for its British connotation.

On a serious note, thanks for your honest perspective and service.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Or have gone to a psychiatrist regarding your extreme fear of large words! I can tell that you have a good sense of humor and I originally used disestablishmentarianism for its British connotation.

On a serious note, thanks for your honest perspective and service.

Thanks!

On the subject of Jungle Bird's video bombing at the U.S. Open, at least he publicly apologized for the incident afterward (in an accent that gives a pretty good indication he's not from Mississippi, I might add).

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/06/video-jungle-bird-explains-videobombing-us-open-interview/1#.UC6N3KNRySo

Hey, speaking of that rainbow dude (Rollen Stewart) I was curious so I Googled it.

Turns out the dude went (i.e. might have been all along) bonkers and tried to kidnap some people in 1992 because he thought the rapture was less than a week away (my head is still trying to figure out the rationale there...rapture coming, let's kidnap some people?).

He's in prison.  Three consecutive  life sentences, which in America means he's been eligible for parole since 2002.  Denied though...next up for review in 2017.

Hmmm...that's why we haven't seen him at sporting events any more.  Anyway...just thought it was some odd trivia to pass along.

- Dave

Hey, speaking of that rainbow dude (Rollen Stewart) I was curious so I Googled it.

Turns out the dude went (i.e. might have been all along) bonkers and tried to kidnap some people in 1992 because he thought the rapture was less than a week away (my head is still trying to figure out the rationale there...rapture coming, let's kidnap some people?).

He's in prison.  Three consecutive  life sentences, which in America means he's been eligible for parole since 2002.  Denied though...next up for review in 2017.

Hmmm...that's why we haven't seen him at sporting events any more.  Anyway...just thought it was some odd trivia to pass along.

- Dave

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I can say after watching today's round: the "fans" were embarassing! I don't care if it were Americans or not, the amount of idiots was way too high.

Originally Posted by Zwick

The only thing I can say after watching today's round: the "fans" were embarassing! I don't care if it were Americans or not, the amount of idiots was way too high.

I totally agree.  Doesn't matter where they're from.  The guy heckling Garcia on 18, specifically, was way out of line and should have been removed after the first time he yelled "just tap it Sergio"!

- Dave

Agree with you Dave.  I don't care which tournament it is, or in which country, such people should be summarily thrown off the premises - with no refund.  A warning to that effect should be posted near all entrances so that weasely lawyers for the plaintiff will not have their way.

But this is America, some of them are bound to try.

Just throw the b*****s out.  Let them come back another day.  Of course, if they do it again, they get tossed out again.  Why should the players, or spectators, or TV viewers for that matter, have to put up with morons like that?

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

You guys are like Judge Smails in that clip.

As long as the shouting comes after the swing--i.e., not the guy yelling "tap it in" or "three putt" on 18 today--what's the big deal?  Sure its mildly obnoxious but it doesn't interfere with the play.

And you're not going to get a crowd of New Yorkers to be quiet.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New Yorkers. 'nuff said.

New Yorkers. 'nuff said.

You live in Orlando? Doesn't that make you a 73 year old ex new Yorker?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by dsc123

You live in Orlando? Doesn't that make you a 73 year old ex new Yorker?

Close. You only got the age & the location wrong. 53, from Akron.

Originally Posted by dsc123

As long as the shouting comes after the swing--i.e., not the guy yelling "tap it in" or "three putt" on 18 today--what's the big deal?  Sure its mildly obnoxious but it doesn't interfere with the play.

In my previous post I was referring to the guys of the type you mention in the quoted sentence - the before-the-play idiots.  Chuck 'em out!

The other boors, the ones that shout "In the Hole!" an instant after the hit, are mostly from New York or New Jersey and are best simply ignored.  There are too many of them to punish without busting the financials.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

And you're not going to get a crowd of New Yorkers to be quiet.

Sadly, this is the truth even if it only amounts to a few jack wagons "representing". This is not a Jets game! *ducks for cover*

I'm with you on this.

There is a time and a place for spectators to be loud and rowdy, but I don't believe that place is a golf tournament.

What may be an instant after impact on one tee box, may be an instant before a putt on the previous green, nearby tee box, etc.

Did anyone catch what was said after Sergio backed off his tee shot on 17 cause the wind stiffened? I heard a lot of jeers from the crowd, directed toward the heckler.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!