IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

That would be nice.  You could hit foam balls at it as well.

I get in trouble when I take divots in the carpet.

I get in trouble no matter where I take divots.....or leave golf clubs.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's the link to the vid. Sorry should have included it before..

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php#video_playback

Thanks for that drill hammer I was taking some practice swings with that and I like that feel.  I was wondering if someone could tell me where your weight should be on your lead foot when you get into the follow through? Either towards your toes or heel? Thanks

Thanks for that drill hammer I was taking some practice swings with that and I like that feel.  I was wondering if someone could tell me where your weight should be on your lead foot when you get into the follow through? Either towards your toes or heel? Thanks

More towards your heel on the lead foot. Having it on the toes will cause you to be off balance.

Thanks Hammer that's what I've been struggling with. I get my weight forward but on my toes and then I feel off balance. Key 2 is hard ha.

Thanks Hammer that's what I've been struggling with. I get my weight forward but on my toes and then I feel off balance. Key 2 is hard ha.

Anytime, hope you can use the vid to help you, just setting up with weight forward and making a nice smooth swing should get some good results.

Anytime, hope you can use the vid to help you, just setting up with weight forward and making a nice smooth swing should get some good results.

So is it ok to setup in preset weight forward even for irons? Like I said for my driver I feel like I slide my hips over my right side at address. I wasn't sure if that is a bad setup for irons. I will definitely work on the drill you gave me thanks again.

So is it ok to setup in preset weight forward even for irons? Like I said for my driver I feel like I slide my hips over my right side at address. I wasn't sure if that is a bad setup for irons. I will definitely work on the drill you gave me thanks again.

I'm not sure if Erik, Mike or David would agree, but I practice with my irons with the weight mostly on my left side ala stack & tilt type set up.

But then after about 10 of those, I go back to my normal set up, and try to duplicate the weight forward, although it's hard for me, cuz my back tends to want to cramp a bit if I keep my spine tilt and try to have my legs sorta bowed to the left. I can get my weight forward in my normal set up, but not as much as with this drill... :-(

Definitely going more towards the toes than heel on the downswing, look at the red spot and the direction of the trace on the downswing.

On the followthrough the pressure "settles" into the heel. I generally like to see the left foot planted at A10, don't like to see the toes up in the air or the foot "rolled" forward. This stuff is usually a result of good Key 2 and not really a priority most of the time.

Yeah I tend to set up slightly left on irons and driver. You can still pre-set the hips forward and have the weight slightly forward.

I'm not sure if Erik, Mike or David would agree, but I practice with my irons with the weight mostly on my left side ala stack & tilt type set up.

But then after about 10 of those, I go back to my normal set up, and try to duplicate the weight forward, although it's hard for me, cuz my back tends to want to cramp a bit if I keep my spine tilt and try to have my legs sorta bowed to the left. I can get my weight forward in my normal set up, but not as much as with this drill...

I don't think S&T; is "wrong" with that set-up advice, they only want 55% forward at A1 and I think a lot of good players are close to that already. Where they do wrong is the thinking that the pressure/weight increases on the lead side during the backswing. You can't do that and keep the head steady (you can but it doesn't look like a functional golf swing).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Definitely going more towards the toes than heel on the downswing, look at the red spot and the direction of the trace on the downswing.

On the followthrough the pressure "settles" into the heel. I generally like to see the left foot planted at A10, don't like to see the toes up in the air or the foot "rolled" forward. This stuff is usually a result of good Key 2 and not really a priority most of the time.

Yeah I tend to set up slightly left on irons and driver. You can still pre-set the hips forward and have the weight slightly forward.

I don't think S&T; is "wrong" with that set-up advice, they only want 55% forward at A1 and I think a lot of good players are close to that already. Where they do wrong is the thinking that the pressure/weight increases on the lead side during the backswing. You can't do that and keep the head steady (you can but it doesn't look like a functional golf swing).

Re: the weight toward the heel, sort of..I should have stated that it would be on the downswing..so my bad.

Also re: the S&T; thing, lol, I found that out. That you can't add anymore weight on the lead foot during the backswing, and now that I think back, 55% or so is about what I feel. Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up...

• 3 weeks later...

Key 4 - the sweet path to the ball.  Given your desired approach to the ball, what would Trackman report as your swing path to the ball?  I'm very curious because I'm being taught to "swing left" and I wonder if this works with your teaching or against.

Thanks

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Key 4 - the sweet path to the ball.  Given your desired approach to the ball, what would Trackman report as your swing path to the ball?  I'm very curious because I'm being taught to "swing left" and I wonder if this works with your teaching or against.

Thanks

There is no exact number we are looking for. There is certainly an acceptable range of path numbers, obviously don't want it too much either way. I tend to prefer players, especially mid-high handicappers to swing outward. Even if a golfer prefers a fade I still want them swinging out (relative to their address alignments). Swinging left can cause some issues with contact and hitting it high/far enough. Swinging left might be a feel for you if you tend to swing out too much.

Mike McLoughlin

There is no exact number we are looking for. There is certainly an acceptable range of path numbers, obviously don't want it too much either way. I tend to prefer players, especially mid-high handicappers to swing outward. Even if a golfer prefers a fade I still want them swinging out (relative to their address alignments). Swinging left can cause some issues with contact and hitting it high/far enough. Swinging left might be a feel for you if you tend to swing out too much.

I suppose my confusion is understanding at what point I'm swinging left.  If Trackman say's I'm 4* out and the Pro says swing left, then I'm thinking I have to approach the ball more square.  I'm allowing myself to think I have to get around or behind the ball before impact.  The result is reducing the degree of outside swing path.  Or, is the left swing what happens just after impact?  The turn and follow through should eventually take the club's path to the left.  From watching slow motion swings of professionals like Adam Scott, I notice his swing approaching from the inside.  But, it seems his divot path is on a straight line to the target.  If my swing approach has a slight in - out bias and I make proper contact, what direction would / should my divot be?  Is divot path something you focus on when evaluating swing / shot results?

Thanks

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

I suppose my confusion is understanding at what point I'm swinging left.  If Trackman say's I'm 4* out and the Pro says swing left, then I'm thinking I have to approach the ball more square.  I'm allowing myself to think I have to get around or behind the ball before impact.  The result is reducing the degree of outside swing path.  Or, is the left swing what happens just after impact?

After the club reaches it's low point, the clubhead is ascending and moving to the left, or inward. I would assume he wants your swing direction more left before impact, I can't really answer what he wants, something you'd have to clarify with your instructor.

From watching slow motion swings of professionals like Adam Scott, I notice his swing approaching from the inside.  But, it seems his divot path is on a straight line to the target.  If my swing approach has a slight in - out bias and I make proper contact, what direction would / should my divot be?  Is divot path something you focus on when evaluating swing / shot results?

You can only tell so much from a divot

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...

Was looking through the Key #2 - Follow Through Turning Rates video. I took this image of a proper turn rate after impact. Would a good feel in shot would be to have those arms tighter together, and almost feel like the arms are extending up and around more. I am sure that a person who doesn't have good turn rates through impact would feel flippy and less connection between the arms through the finish.

As someone who struggles with this, particularly with having the head falling towards the right (for a right handed player) in the downswing, would feeling like or actually have the whole torso move forward and get that extension be a good thing?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

As someone who struggles with this, particularly with having the head falling towards the right (for a right handed player) in the downswing, would feeling like or actually have the whole torso move forward and get that extension be a good thing?

I would first recommend getting the extension from the ground up. Making sure you press into the ground then extending the legs, raising the belt buckle.

Mike McLoughlin

I would first recommend getting the extension from the ground up. Making sure you press into the ground then extending the legs, raising the belt buckle.

Yeah, use the "ground forces"!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Hopefully these comments aren't far outside the scope of this thread.

I recently picked up the Stack and Tilt 2.0 DVD's and found them to be pretty helpful.  I have had the 5SK videos for a few months and found that they compliment the Stack and Tilt 2.0 videos pretty well.  In some respects I like the 5SK videos better than the Stack and Tilt 2.0, but like both.   Really like the way Chuck and Dave progress from the chipping and pitching to the pitches to the full swings.   One label of Stack and Tilt that I never agreed with is to be able to hit the ball far enough to play the golf course.  I agree with Dave on that and maybe one day the Stack and Tilt creators will change that.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!