IGNORED

Moving to California (Burbank/Pasadena area), any good and reasonably priced courses around?

formula428
Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies.  To the one who posted about salary -- I'm making 68.5k/yr, though I do have the rent thing covered (free for at least 6 months).  I should be completely debt free after that, so hopefully I will be able to afford something.  My primary sport is beach volleyball and hopefully sand is free out there, so I'll only play golf maybe twice a month.

Worst case, I'll move back to Ohio from a 6 month vacation!

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

Originally Posted by formula428

Thanks for all the replies.  To the one who posted about salary -- I'm making 68.5k/yr, though I do have the rent thing covered (free for at least 6 months).  I should be completely debt free after that, so hopefully I will be able to afford something.  My primary sport is beach volleyball and hopefully sand is free out there, so I'll only play golf maybe twice a month.

Worst case, I'll move back to Ohio from a 6 month vacation!

You will be fine.  There are plenty of places to live out here, and you can certainly get by on 70k/year ... I did it for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in Burbank, we have lots courses within 10 miles but you would not find $20 a round any where in California. DeBell at Burbank has good rates for twilight hours which starts around 2 in the summer and 1 in the winter. It is a beautiful course, short and challenging, men club is coot too. Look me up and I will play a round with you.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You will be fine.  There are plenty of places to live out here, and you can certainly get by on 70k/year ... I did it for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Ya Im getting by on about 35k. But im 22 and live at home :) RENT FREE til 25 as long as I keep going to school.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by dak4n6

If you're moving to CA, I hope your making well into a six digit salary. I made the mistake of moving there making $70K/yr and it was barely enough to pay my $1700/mo rent for a 1br apartment, feed myself, and play golf. Good luck, and enjoy life amongst the beautiful people!

LOL...I was thinking the same thing!    If $100 green fees are an issue, then relocating to Pasadena probably isn't a wise economic move.  IMO......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

LOL...I was thinking the same thing!    If $100 green fees are an issue, then relocating to Pasadena probably isn't a wise economic move.  IMO......

100 dollar green fees aren't the norm. Its more like an average 60 if you wanna play weekend prime time with cart. carts are usually 10-13 per person so it can be down to 50 to walk a course and you definitely can get your time worths with how long the round lasts. you just have to learn to enjoy your time waiting on the tee box basking in the wonderful weather but you get used to waiting being in traffic all the time.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

100 dollar green fees aren't the norm. Its more like an average 60 if you wanna play weekend prime time with cart. carts are usually 10-13 per person so it can be down to 50 to walk a course and you definitely can get your time worths with how long the round lasts.  you just have to learn to enjoy your time waiting on the tee box basking in the wonderful weather but you get used to waiting being in traffic all the time.

Yes, I realize how the traffic is out west.  However, anyone from Pittsburgh can tell you that traffic down there isn't much better!  I work there everyday, driving 2.5 hours round trip and I'm just plain sick of it.  It's one of the things (along with getting another job) that prompted me out to CA.  If anything else, it'll be a long vacation :)

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!