Jump to content
IGNORED

Moving to California (Burbank/Pasadena area), any good and reasonably priced courses around?


Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Thanks for all the replies.  To the one who posted about salary -- I'm making 68.5k/yr, though I do have the rent thing covered (free for at least 6 months).  I should be completely debt free after that, so hopefully I will be able to afford something.  My primary sport is beach volleyball and hopefully sand is free out there, so I'll only play golf maybe twice a month.

Worst case, I'll move back to Ohio from a 6 month vacation!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by formula428

Thanks for all the replies.  To the one who posted about salary -- I'm making 68.5k/yr, though I do have the rent thing covered (free for at least 6 months).  I should be completely debt free after that, so hopefully I will be able to afford something.  My primary sport is beach volleyball and hopefully sand is free out there, so I'll only play golf maybe twice a month.

Worst case, I'll move back to Ohio from a 6 month vacation!

You will be fine.  There are plenty of places to live out here, and you can certainly get by on 70k/year ... I did it for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in Burbank, we have lots courses within 10 miles but you would not find $20 a round any where in California. DeBell at Burbank has good rates for twilight hours which starts around 2 in the summer and 1 in the winter. It is a beautiful course, short and challenging, men club is coot too. Look me up and I will play a round with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You will be fine.  There are plenty of places to live out here, and you can certainly get by on 70k/year ... I did it for quite awhile.

Good luck!

Ya Im getting by on about 35k. But im 22 and live at home :) RENT FREE til 25 as long as I keep going to school.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by dak4n6

If you're moving to CA, I hope your making well into a six digit salary. I made the mistake of moving there making $70K/yr and it was barely enough to pay my $1700/mo rent for a 1br apartment, feed myself, and play golf. Good luck, and enjoy life amongst the beautiful people!

LOL...I was thinking the same thing!    If $100 green fees are an issue, then relocating to Pasadena probably isn't a wise economic move.  IMO......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

LOL...I was thinking the same thing!    If $100 green fees are an issue, then relocating to Pasadena probably isn't a wise economic move.  IMO......

100 dollar green fees aren't the norm. Its more like an average 60 if you wanna play weekend prime time with cart. carts are usually 10-13 per person so it can be down to 50 to walk a course and you definitely can get your time worths with how long the round lasts. you just have to learn to enjoy your time waiting on the tee box basking in the wonderful weather but you get used to waiting being in traffic all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

100 dollar green fees aren't the norm. Its more like an average 60 if you wanna play weekend prime time with cart. carts are usually 10-13 per person so it can be down to 50 to walk a course and you definitely can get your time worths with how long the round lasts.  you just have to learn to enjoy your time waiting on the tee box basking in the wonderful weather but you get used to waiting being in traffic all the time.

Yes, I realize how the traffic is out west.  However, anyone from Pittsburgh can tell you that traffic down there isn't much better!  I work there everyday, driving 2.5 hours round trip and I'm just plain sick of it.  It's one of the things (along with getting another job) that prompted me out to CA.  If anything else, it'll be a long vacation :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Really? When? What was your AFSC/job? Maybe we overlapped somewhere? 
    • Yea, those first three par 3's were all effectively long iron shots. BLAH! Hole 2 and Hole 5 were OK. The rest on the front nine were meh. 
    • I appreciated the idea, but I don't think I will be doing that.  For me, taking the arms out causes my right elbow to stay to close to my body, and the hands start to just go deep.  I agree
    • Ditto.  The course certainly had some faults. It was squeezed onto a parcel of land half of which was barely suitable for golf. So I think the architect did a mostly good job with what was given to him. I was less happy with the course setup and maintenance. Greens were bumpy and speed was very inconsistent from one hole to the next. Too many cups were cut 3 yards from the front, and many others were cut on top of humps or on slopes 2% or more. It is no wonder pace of play was almost 5 hours. My other gripes are that many of the original sand traps have been removed, dummying down the design intent to save money, and cart paths were often too close to the playing areas. I probably would not play there again.
    • I have a John Deere, Taylor Made Golf bag (black and charcoal) and I'm looking for a Taylor Made Golf Towel that I can customize it with an Embroidered John Deere Logo. Any websites, or custom people out there that anyone recommends?
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Gravy76
      Gravy76
      (33 years old)
    2. MauiMilan
      MauiMilan
      (42 years old)
    3. Motrinothar
      Motrinothar
      (26 years old)
    4. RyanDe680
      RyanDe680
      (41 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...