• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Even the 90 degree rule beats cart path only.  Which most golfers promptly turn into the 25 degree rule.
    • Day 23 (5,11) - Rented a practice bay at the PGA store.  Wanted to get a better idea of ball flight than hitting into a net.  Also hit the driver for the first time since overhauling my takeaway.  Overall, I was pleased, but still have a long ways to go to where I am able to repeat this takeaway and backswing every time.
    • Business marketing 101.....For many years I was in the Procurement Dept at a local mining/manufacturing site.  As you can surmise I heard "new", "improved", "more reliable", "better than last year's",.... again and again and again.  Boogielicious is right, Marketing spends tons of bucks to make the biggest claims possible while staying in the bounds of defensible claims by Legal.  The regulatory gurus have the OEM's and related crews in such a narrow box for improving things, they have to make the consumer "think" it sounds, hits, swings, plays, flies, lands, goes in the hole better than ever....or else we would not buy it.  Fender continues to reinvent, excuse me "tweak" the Telecaster guitar, yet when you look at it  - it is pretty much the same guitar that Leo debuted in the 1950's with some slightly improved electronics, tuners, fret wire, etc.  A golf club is still a stick with a head of some sort on it and a golf ball is still a golf ball (but comes with dimples now!) and the game is still something we all enjoy to have a good discussion about.  
    • Welcome to The Sand Trap! Lots of areas on the forum to ask questions and learn. When you have a chance, pick an avatar.
    • No. We didn't manage to get the ball near the cart path. Ever.  Ok. Maybe a slight exaggeration there, but walking forward beats the hell out of walking sideways and between slices and shanks we walked sideways a lot. Besides all that, we had this deal where I was routinely hitting the ball 50 yards further than he was. That meant waiting for him to play his shot before I could get to mine, nearly all the time. It sucked. I hated it.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BraxtonGolf
      BraxtonGolf
      (25 years old)
    2. Dan2501
      Dan2501
      (31 years old)
    3. Finch
      Finch
      (34 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...