IGNORED

Vehicle damage

HighHandy
Note: This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bwdial

So they parked within seven inches of your door, leaving themselves seven inches to get out of their own car in an otherwise empty parking lot?

Please pardon my skepticism.

Unless they were driving from the passenger seat, they would be getting out on the side not against Wisguy's car.

Not that I agree with what he did, as I certainly don't.

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Originally Posted by BeRich

Unless they were driving from the passenger seat, they would be getting out on the side not against Wisguy's car.

Not that I agree with what he did, as I certainly don't.

they parked, literally 7" from my driver's side door in order to allow 7' of space on their own driver's side door

LOL... I read that as seven inches.  Perhaps I need to have my eyes checked.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I never EVER take 2 spots.......

I took that pic in the car-wash parking lot as I was leaving. It was a beautiful sunny day and had a camera handy so I backed in crooked just long enough to snap a quick pic.  if you look closely, you can see the car is still a little wet and you can see where water is dripping on the pavement beneath the just/washed car.

People who double park annoy me too........  I just park far enough away "IN 1 SPACE" so nobody will park next to me.  I actually agree with you 100% with regard to people who take multiple parking spaces.

Hey man - I thought the "smiley" that I put at the end of the sentence was to indicate that I wrote that lightheartedly and jokingly.  I had no idea that it could cause such a stir.  I was just kidding with you a little.

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe

Hey man - I thought the "smiley" that I put at the end of the sentence was to indicate that I wrote that lightheartedly and jokingly.  I had no idea that it could cause such a stir.  I was just kidding with you a little.

I'm sorry, you must be mistaken if you thinking joking is allowed within the confines of this site! Leave your sense of humor at the Log In button, sir!

There are many people here who have senses of humor, I think Buckeye is one. He probably just wanted to clarify the picture for everyone reading, not just you.

No probably not.  But then again, I did it when the person was standing there.  I've done it when they are in the car.  I genuinely didn't care.  I've done it twice.  Once when 16 (and stupid) and once about 3 hours after I found out a good friend was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Pretty bad day.

So you found out your friend had a terminal illness and because of that you decided to go randomly key a car?

Originally Posted by kymonopoly

No probably not.  But then again, I did it when the person was standing there.  I've done it when they are in the car.  I genuinely didn't care.  I've done it twice.  Once when 16 (and stupid) and once about 3 hours after I found out a good friend was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Pretty bad day.

So are you Sandler or Nicholson?

Originally Posted by zipazoid

So are you Sandler or Nicholson?

Ha... maybe the kid needs to learn "Goosefrabba", or perhaps sing some "I feel pretty" ?

Originally Posted by Spyder

I am very sorry but I don't think I can offer you any logic as a response because your terrible analogy lacks any sign of it to begin with.

You're taking offense to my opinion based on something that you openly admitted to doing. Maybe you shouldn't do things that you need to be so defensive about as you obviously harbor a little bit of inner-guilt?

A little more thinking about what you're saying and admitting, prior to trying to defend your actions with a terrible analogy, will benefit you.

I'll admit I was in a bit of a hurry and it's certainly not my best analogy.  The fact remains though, that you did very much mischaracterize what I said and my intent regarding the double parking comment was 100% humorous, contrary to what you believe you brilliantly inferred.

Now I'll admit I have been tempted to put a sticky on the double-parking 911's window saying "I understand people who double park to avoid getting dings end up getting keyed instead" as an experiment just to see if that would change how he parks.

I am completely confident that if some dillweed parked-in anyone here like I was, a good number of others, maybe including some exercising holier-than-thou judgment against me, would have similarly pulled their foot back or got out a key....  I suspect the other driver might have been drunk and well, what drunk driver doesn't deserve at least a big ding in his door?

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

The parking lot at my home course is in range of a hook/pull off the 6th tee.  A couple weeks ago I was walking through the lot and a car got nailed.  Left a golf ball sized dent in the door.

This morning I pull hooked one into the lot, but thank god didn't hit anything.

I'm glad to know that's something homeowner's insurance covers.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I honestly refuse to play a course set up where a slightly errant shot will cause property damage . There are just too many nice courses in my area to put up with that type of layout

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

Originally Posted by snofrog

I honestly refuse to play a course set up where a slightly errant shot will cause property damage . There are just too many nice courses in my area to put up with that type of layout

Y'know, that's a great point. Think about this for a sec - would you go shopping at a place where there was a decent chance your car would be vandalized while you were there? No, you'd likely go shop somewhere else.

We golfers play the courses we want to play with little thought as to where the parking lot is situated; I've never heard a golfer say 'Oh I'm not playing that course - the parking lot's a bombing range.'

Y'know, that's a great point. Think about this for a sec - would you go shopping at a place where there was a decent chance your car would be vandalized while you were there? No, you'd likely go shop somewhere else.

We golfers play the courses we want to play with little thought as to where the parking lot is situated; I've never heard a golfer say 'Oh I'm not playing that course - the parking lot's a bombing range.'

not just the parking lot . if there are houses down every fairway,behind every green , tee boxes close to the greens . it just takes the fun out of the game for me .

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

I was going to attach a link to my favorite local 9 holer but they changed the picture on their web site this year. I always said that the old photo was taken of the ninth green from the drivers seat of a car with it's windshield busted out. I put that link in another thread awhile back. It's a great little course for a quick 9, "You just got to park your car over there"... Yea, I'll go back, probably this sometime week, need to play two more rounds to get my" free one" this year.

My GF's favorite course has one hole (17th) that's all water to the left, and all back yards to the right, God, I hate that hole.

We played Eagle Haven GC in Virginia last summer, on a military base that trains Navy SEALS, (My GF is in the Navy). The Navy seems to know  a little bit about water, and they seem to store their excess water on that golf course, I think between the two of us we lost 2 dozen balls into the drink that day. There was one hole in particular, that had a fence down the left that had a warning sign (I wish I'd taken a photo of the warning sign). "Do not Cross. Live Ammo training facility". I guess I'd rather have a damaged car than get shot at a golf course.

{ Off subject:: Thanks to all our military personel past and present, for your service. From someone alone, back home.}

~Tom B.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Originally Posted by snofrog

not just the parking lot . if there are houses down every fairway,behind every green , tee boxes close to the greens . it just takes the fun out of the game for me .

I view houses next to the course differently. They chose to buy there. Not saying that excuses broken windows, but they knew that was a possibility when they bought, as opposed to a course basically forcing me to place my car in danger with a parking lot in the firing range.

Case in point - Winter Park GC, a nice little 9-hole walking course here in town. I really like to play the course, but the parking lot is horribly placed. This is the view from the tee of the 9th hole, a 260y slight dogleg left...with the parking lot sitting about 220y from the tee, where any kind of push or slice easily reaches cars -

...and this is the approach. Don't be long!

Early this summer I hit a double cross slice and busted a window of a house.  The guy was waiting for me in his back yard.  He asked if I hit a ball over there and I replied that I did.  He informed me it broke his window.  I gave him my name and cell number and told him to let me know how much it cost and I'd cover it.  A couple days later he called and I drove back over to his house and wrote him a check for $150.  He told me I was so good about it to not worry about it, but I insisted.  I told him I hit it and I'm responsible for it.  In the end, we exchanged info and played a round of golf together a few weeks later.  Cool guy.  The first window I've broken in 24 years.

• Upvote 1

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Early this summer I hit a double cross slice and busted a window of a house.  The guy was waiting for me in his back yard.  He asked if I hit a ball over there and I replied that I did.  He informed me it broke his window.  I gave him my name and cell number and told him to let me know how much it cost and I'd cover it.  A couple days later he called and I drove back over to his house and wrote him a check for $150.  He told me I was so good about it to not worry about it, but I insisted.  I told him I hit it and I'm responsible for it.  In the end, we exchanged info and played a round of golf together a few weeks later.  Cool guy.  The first window I've broken in 24 years.

You sir are a class act. Sadly, responsible people like you appear to be a rapidly vanishing breed.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I view houses next to the course differently. They chose to buy there. Not saying that excuses broken windows, but they knew that was a possibility when they bought, as opposed to a course basically forcing me to place my car in danger with a parking lot in the firing range.

Case in point - Winter Park GC, a nice little 9-hole walking course here in town. I really like to play the course, but the parking lot is horribly placed. This is the view from the tee of the 9th hole, a 260y slight dogleg left...with the parking lot sitting about 220y from the tee, where any kind of push or slice easily reaches cars -

...and this is the approach. Don't be long!

haha...OMG......that is messed up!!   I don't think I could ever play there...........(or at least park there)!!!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Elevated tee boxes and a neighborhood on the right - also not the brightest idea.

In my  Recoil bag:

Nike SQ Machspeed Black STR8-FIT Driver 

Cobra Baffler Rail 3 Wood 

Cobra Baffler Rail 3 Hybrid

Cobra Baffler Rail 4 Hybrid

Nike SQ Machspeed Irons 5-AW

Cleveland 588 - 54 Degree

Cleveland 588 - 58 Degree

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider Putter

NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4256 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!