IGNORED

Got geese?

joekelly

Note: This thread is 2439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I play with my usual group, and there's geese hanging out on the green or landing area, the joke is "If you hit a bird, you get a birdie"

If you make that a local rule, I'd imagine the goose population thins out fairly quickly, haha.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Geese are spectacular animals and should be treated with dignity, respect and courtesy like all of god’s wonderful creatures. Give them the right of way whenever possible, or simply pick up your ball and move to the next hole. The best thing to do is to protect their habitat. Please, I beg of you to petition your club to limit play when they are nesting with young goslings. You might want to gently shoo them away with a towel if they come near your position. Or, say, “go away bird, go home.” Or send a message to the flock by simply tackling one and beating the living daylights out of it in front of the others. They’ll get the message.

They are dirty filthy animals and all they do is fornicate, eat and crap. They destroy the turf picking at it and they foul the water. Last year we had some fox who settled into the area and they kept the geese away, but they are back this season with a vengeance.

• Upvote 1

What a nuisance.  Goose sh*t everywhere, birds flapping, yakking, waddling, crapping on the greens...you name it the birds do it.  This in Atlanta but i have played with these guys in Knoxville and seen them elsewhere.  What about your course and location?  Do you have these 'protected critters' mucking up your putting lines too?  I am not against birds in their place but is the golf course their constitutional right of abode?  If we could change our habits slightly and substitute goose for  turkey dinner, on Thanksgiving and Christmas only, then the 'harmony of the green' could develop,IMHO!!

If you avatar didn't say you're in Thailand I think you were in Phoenix in the winter.  This is a natural Winter home for geese and on some courses the resulting "litter" is a real problem.  My foursome has  special rule saying you can lift clean and place on some holes this time of year.  Cleaning isn't a pleasant task but necessary. I know it is against the rules without a local rule so no comments please.  We just prefer to not play a dirty "shi''y" ball.  The geese are protected however so the courses are not allowed to remove them.  Being a "save the earth" sort of fellow I don't object to the geese so much until I have to clean my shoes and push cart wheels after playing a geese infested course, then I think I could be come a goose dinner sort of hunter.

They are dirty filthy animals and all they do is fornicate, eat and crap.

Wow sounds like a lot of people I know ... many of these critters seem to run for public office I have noticed ... :-D Since we have so many coyote around my area, they feast on the ducks, geese, and rabbits ... so not huge issues at the courses I play.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Applewood course in Denver had the worst goose problem I've ever seen, plus it was kinda rundown anyway.  They're out here in Idaho too but don't seem to be as thick.  I actually smoked one last summer when I hit a wormburner off the tee but it was walking away from me at the time so it mostly just skipped off it's back and scared the hell out of it.

Note: This thread is 2439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!