IGNORED

Hit another guy's ball w/mine mid-flight at the range last night

bamagrad03
Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Willie Malay

I'm guessing he went down in pain....

Actually, if it was just me shanking the ball so bad that I struck another golfer at the driving range...that wouldn't be very uncommon or lucky for me. Just an average day at the range. :)

slicing into a beech birch tree about 75 yards from the tee and the ball bouncing back stopping within 5 feet of where I stood.

switching from right to lefty so: 

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

Originally Posted by RoyHotPower

slicing into a beech birch tree about 75 yards from the tee and the ball bouncing back stopping within 5 feet of where I stood.

I read this and couldn't help but laugh out loud as I visualized this ordeal.

Trying to get a pitch up through a big "V" in a tree to land on the green. The tree was right next to the cart path, and my ball was behind the tree, so that the tree separated me from the green. I had enough room to pull the shot off though because it was just one giant V with no misc. branches/leaves until you got up like 80 feet.

I set up to hit the shot, make it up to the V... my ball never came back down. I hit it high and short and it landed in the "V" which was either hollow, had a hole, or something... and my ball was stuck up there and never came down!

Everyone was cracking up pretty bad at that one and we all had a beer and took a break to laugh it off because no one was behind us.

The very first time I played golf (I was probably 11 or so) my dad entered me in some kid's tournament on the local par three.  I had no idea what I was doing out there but I had played baseball pretty much my whole life so I at least knew how to make decent contact.  I came to a long par three (170 yards or so) and I hit my driver as hard as I could and hit a wicked slice into the woods.  The ball hit the top of a tree trunk about 70 yards from the hole and bounced  hard left onto the green within three feet of the hole.  I won a prize for closest to the pin.  Ha, those were the days...

BTW, RTR!

I managed to have to ball hit a very small tree in front of me when I was younger. The trunk was smaller than the diameter of a golf ball, so I didn't think twice about hitting it. I managed to nail it straight on and had it come back and smack me in the head.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

• Administrator

We used to try to do this on purpose in high school. One of us would pop a wedge out there and the other would try to time it and nail it with a 5-iron.

I think we reached double digits over that summer (three in one glorious session) before we stopped counting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shanked a ball between the legs of the guy next to me on the range once. I guess it was lucky it didn't hit him in the ass.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

hit a yardage marker post with a great shot headed straight for the green. just nicked the angled top of it enough to send it diagonally left and into a trap. luckily it had enough juice to bounce out, but still, cost me a GIR.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I tee'd up at a course one day where the tee box was across the street from the fairway. It was a slow country road so hitting cars wasn't really a problem. What was a problem, was my ball flying right off the tee, and smacking a power line that ran perpendicular to me along the road. The ball hit the powerline and shot straight down onto the asphalt, bouncing away into the woods. Left a big black mark on the ball and the power line bounced for a little bit after that, but no harm just some laughs about never being able to do that ever again!

Originally Posted by jamo

I shanked a ball between the legs of the guy next to me on the range once. I guess it was lucky it didn't hit him in the ass.

Wasn't Lee Jansen was it?...

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Originally Posted by bamagrad03

Only a month into golf, this is definitely the craziest/luckiest thing I've ever seen in golf. What's yours?

That is amazing......I've been playing 20yrs.......and I don't think I can top that story.  LOL

My old home course had a "Road Hole"...............A road tightly hugged the entire left side of the hole and I hit a low slice that should have landed in a field OB across the street, but the ball perfectly struck a telephone pole and the ball kicked back into the fairway. LOL  I still think your story is better!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

When I first thought I was going to try out golf about 6-7 years ago, I was at the range for the first time and did this exact same thing. I was so mortified that I never went back...to any range, until now.

Originally Posted by RoyHotPower

I punched a shot into a tree so hard it wound up about 50 yards behind me on the opposite side of the fairway.  Six inches to the right and I'm probably putting for a birdie.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Glad he wasn't a lefty...I'm sure he would have rather been hit in the ass then you know where!!!

Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!