IGNORED

How Many Hybrids Do You Carry?

Note: This thread is 1932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I carry a Titleist 913 17 (16.25) and 21 (20.25) degree hybrid in my bag (both are turned down -.75 degrees). Hybrids are more versatile for my game and the type of courses I play. I dont carry any fairway woods either, I just use my 17 degree on short holes when driver isn't needed. It works for me, 240 yards off the tee and 230 yards off the deck.

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

I carry a Titleist 913 17 (16.25) and 21 (20.25) degree hybrid in my bag (both are turned down -.75 degrees). Hybrids are more versatile for my game and the type of courses I play. I dont carry any fairway woods either, I just use my 17 degree on short holes when driver isn't needed. It works for me, 240 yards off the tee and 230 yards off the deck.

You're right, they're versatile. Even though it flies high I'll use my hybrid for a low knockdown punch shot or stinger from time to time. The forgiveness it shows is remarkable, I'll punch it out 170 and just watch it run, knowing if it was a 3 iron it wouldn't be that forgiving. Can't argue with that.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Sorry to rehash an old thread but this is a constant battle for me. My 23* 4H is absolute money. My 5W only goes 10 yards further on avg (185 vs 195) and is mishit much more often. I've owned a few 3H with little success and sold them on eBay. I resigned myself to the fact that my SS (low 90s with driver) makes hybrids less than 20* difficult for me.

I got an RBZ 3W for xmas this off season and can (pardon the language) smack the shit out of it. My hits off the deck aren't always forgiving but get plenty of distance. I was able to get an 18.5* RBZ tour hybrid off eBay for 20 bucks including shipping. It should arrive on Tuesday and I have high hopes for this club. Im very happy with my 3W and very happy with my 4H but theres a gap in there (185-215) and im having trouble finding the right club. THis club will be huge on par 5's/long par 4's/long par 3's...my Cobra Baffler 5W has had some decent days but I love my hybrids and my RBZ 3W and are hoping this will be the answer for distance with decent forgiveness.

Let us know how it goes.  I use a 3H and a 4 Mizuno Fli Hi, which is an iron hybrid.

You asked for it boogie...

I haven't been able to play for a week but I was able to get a range session in today. Bottom Line: THIS CLUB (RBZ Tour 3H) IS A EFFING BEAST! I'm still cautious of the "hot new girl in class" effect but compared to my 5W I have NO anxiety hitting this club. I'm not a long hitter but this seems like it will fit that 185-215 gap perfectly. I was carrying range balls 180 with a penetrating ball flight that got a TON of roll.

Another thing to note: I usually play regular flex but have gained some swing speed (currently about mid 90's) by shortening my backswing and follow advice on my MySwing videos. MUCH more consistent contact but a higher ballflight that is robbing me of some distance. I've always been told to err on the side of weaker flex but this was a stiff flex and gives me a much more penetrating medium ballflight. I know the right answer is to get fit but I'm on a somewhat tight budget/free time right now. Either way, this club gave me a GREAT first impression and I can't wait to try it on course. Bye Bye 5 Wood.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

0 - I carry a 3W and 7W and then 4i. I use my 7W like a hybrid.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I have 2 in the bag, Tour Edge Exotics X-Rail 3(20°), 4(23°)

Sometimes I only have 1, but lately it's been 2... May end up being 4... If I can find an X-Rail 5h in stiff...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

None.  I've spent years looking for a hybrid I don't hook the crap out of.  I have no issues hitting a nice high 3i off the deck, once that becomes an issue I'll begin the hunt anew.

Brad

None.  I've spent years looking for a hybrid I don't hook the crap out of.  I have no issues hitting a nice high 3i off the deck, once that becomes an issue I'll begin the hunt anew.

I had a similar problem the first time I got my hybrid years ago. The problem was I was setting up and swinging like it was a wood, not an iron. Once I got over that it's been amazing.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I had a similar problem the first time I got my hybrid years ago. The problem was I was setting up and swinging like it was a wood, not an iron. Once I got over that it's been amazing.

I was overpowering the club and getting hooks. Now I love it. I was overly aggressive on the handle.

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

Sorry for the late reply but just joined. I carried 4 (1-4). Adams Pro Prototype Yellow with "By You" Shafts. Used the 1 off the tee and others to cover various distances. Beautiful flight pattern and workability with the right shaft and flex!! Stayed away from the long irons and driver due to numerous leg surgeries so these worked best during that time period. Also gave me the opportunity to hit them until I could accurately and with confidence. The sound when flushed will stick with you. Now I carry the D, 3w, 5w, 4h, 4-9i, pw, aw, 56, 60, and sometimes a 64 now that I'm back playing.

• 3 weeks later...

Ready for this?

This is my entire bag...

-56* Wedge.  Only leaves the bag if I am in the sand.

-Cleveland Mashie Pitching Wedge.  Only come out within 40 yds of the green, mostly for chipping/pitching.

-40* X9 Extreme Hybrid (95 yds)

-34* X9 Extreme Hybrid (115 yds)

-28* X9 Extreme Hybrid (125 yds)

-22* X9 Extreme Hybrid (140 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 5 Hybrid (155 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Hybrid (170 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Wood (185 yds)

-Cobra Amp Driver (I can hit 220 on a good day)

-Taylormade Monza Corza Putter

Summary: 1 putter, 1 driver, 1 wood, 2 wedges, 6 hybrids

I got sick of trying to hit 6-PW consistently so I replaced those irons with a few hybrids and have been playing MUCH better and actually enjoying golf!

• Upvote 1

I'm in the 0 hybrids boat. For some reason I just can't hit them. Will stick to my 3 iron!

• Upvote 1

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AW 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

I carry just one Hybrid at the moment.  I have a Nike Vapor Speed 3h.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I'm upset with both my Adams V4 and TaylorMade SLDR #4 hybrids.

For the time being, they're benched in favor of my new Nike Vapor Speed 4i. (I will use it mainly as a driving iron).

My 7W now functions as both a FW and a hybrid substitute.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I'm curious to see how many hybrids everyone carries these days.  I'm "re-tooling" my arsenal.  Thinking of just eliminating the 3 & 4 irons completely, replacing with a 3 & 4 hybrid.  I basically will be carrying driver, 3W, 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 5-p/w, 2 wedges, 56 & 60.   Just curious of your thoughts.  Thanks.

That's often what I carry ... my 3h is actually 18°, which Nike calls a 2h.   I think a 5 iron is a good iron for most of us to start with ... hybrids below that is fairly common.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 1932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!