IGNORED

How Many Hybrids Do You Carry?

Note: This thread is 1928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm curious to see how many hybrids everyone carries these days.  I'm "re-tooling" my arsenal.  Thinking of just eliminating the 3 & 4 irons completely, replacing with a 3 & 4 hybrid.  I basically will be carrying driver, 3W, 3 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 5-p/w, 2 wedges, 56 & 60.   Just curious of your thoughts.  Thanks.

I started with the 2H and added a 3H. Recently I started hitting the 3i pretty well so I put it back in and took out the 3H. If I need a higher softer shot I can choke the 2H and if I need something more boring I can hit the 3i. There is one course that I play that I absolutely carry the 3H because off the fairways is sugar sand waste areas and the 3H comes in handy. I never went past the 3 because I love my 4i and don't have any issues with it.

My sticks are in my signature and my wedges are 48-54-60.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Nice.  Thanks guys.  I guess I'm trying to figure out the "gaps" I might have by eliminating the 3 & 4 irons from my bag.  Seeing more of this out there as well it seems.  I've been blasting the new RBZ 3 wood, 3 & 4 hybrid probably longer than I would hit my 3 & 4 irons on a good day so I guess this makes sense.  Totally have to re-calibrate my yardage now which should be interesting.  Oh the buckets of balls.........

Right now I carry zero. I might put the 2-hybrid in the bag on league night though.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I carry a 3wood and 5wood, a 19* 3 hybrid and a 23* 4 hubrid. I carry a 52* and 56* wedge. I feel like I have really consistant gaps between the woods hybrids and irons, so droping one does not make sense for me right now, plus I don't feel like a 60* wedge would help me save strokes,

I carry a 3 wood, 3 hybrid 19*, and then 3 iron.

I was carrying a 4 hybrid at 24* but I started hitting the long irons well so I took it out.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

15.5* 3 wood and 20* hybrid (3/4 iron territory). still keep my 4 iron because i use it to hit runners and get out of trouble when i have a lot of ground to make up.

who wants to hit sideways into a fairway when you can try to phil your way out of it?

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

15 handicap here, 15* 3 wood, 18*, 21*, 24* hybrids, 5-9i, pw, 52,56

Driver - RBZ 10.5 

3 Wood - Burner 2.0 - 15

Hybrids - Burner 2.0 3-18, 4-21, 5-24

Irons - Burner 2.0  5-P

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -  Anser 2 

Ball -  NXT-Tour

I had bad luck with hybrids the first time I tried them circa 2007. A couple of years later, I found Callaway and Adams models I could hit OK, but delayed buying them.

I carried a 15* 3W and an 18* 5W for a couple of years, and then dumped the 5W for a TM Raylor 19* trouble club. (5W tended to miss left, and was hard to stop).

I retooled this summer and have a RBZ 3W HL (17* - a 4W) and a 21* 7W. I also have an RBZ 4H 22*. I hit FWs just as well as I hit hybrids, so I still favor FWs because I need all the distance I can get.

I have flighted shafts on my irons, so I can get the 4i up decent as a driving iron on tighter holes... and 4i has lower trajectory in wind than hybrid.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I carry a 3 and 4 hybrid

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Per my sig line, 2. For most golfers, certainly for most mid-handicap and higher players, hybrids are much easier to hit, fly higher, and land softer than the equivalent long iron. I used to carry (and strike well) a 2 iron. Now I don't even carry a 3 or 4.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!